MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?) - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Canadian Fanatics

Canadian Fanatics Serving the British Columbia, Alberta, Northwest Territory, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia provinces.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #61
craiger_bombs
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101115
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5DR

FF Reputation: 1 craiger_bombs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5DR
201A equipment group
Automatic transmission
17" machined-alloy rims
winter package
SE sport package

Financing @ $337/mth, total veh price $24,264!

One thing I found disappointing; I was charged $50 for gas, and the car only came with a 1/4 tank!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #62
faridk89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100026
What I Drive: 2012 Hatchback SE 5 speed

Points 720, Level 14
Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 faridk89 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger_bombs View Post
2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5DR
201A equipment group
Automatic transmission
17" machined-alloy rims
winter package
SE sport package

Financing @ $337/mth, total veh price $24,264!

One thing I found disappointing; I was charged $50 for gas, and the car only came with a 1/4 tank!
Your dealer was a piece of %!^@ in that case... I talked to my dealer about it and he said that they always fill it up before they give it to you... so your dealer just pocketed 35 bucks... pretty cheap lol
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #63
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93640
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5MT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Yanner Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
Your dealer was a piece of %!^@ in that case... lol
I think that's the rule rather than the exception. You really gotta do your homework, most will live up to their reputation and get you where they can right up until the end. Case in point, my final out the door price, factoring in the valuation of my trade in at Dealership B (where I bought the car), was $6000 cheaper than the "super special best price" of Dealership A.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #64
craiger_bombs
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101115
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE 5DR

FF Reputation: 1 craiger_bombs Good Standing Member
Well all-in-all I was satisfied with the dealership experience, I did speak with my representative and mentioned it to him, and he said I'd get a free tank when I was in next!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #65
DrRay
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14474
What I Drive: A car

FF Reputation: 1 DrRay Good Standing Member
Advice please. It seems like most of these purchases are financed.

How much power does a buyer have buying in cash?

I have a relative who works at ford, and have a A plan PIN, but dealers are telling me this doesn't make a difference right now. This says I should wait until they drop the employee pricing.

0% financing ...I'm not that naive. If it is really 0%, then they should give me a discount for cash.

My conundrum: rental returns are now selling, and I see the exact same car with only 20,000 kms for $5,000 less than new. Why buy new when I lose $5000 as I drive off the lot?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #66
faridk89
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100026
What I Drive: 2012 Hatchback SE 5 speed

Points 720, Level 14
Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 faridk89 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRay View Post

I have a relative who works at ford, and have a A plan PIN, but dealers are telling me this doesn't make a difference right now. This says I should wait until they drop the employee pricing.

0% financing ...I'm not that naive. If it is really 0%, then they should give me a discount for cash.

My conundrum: rental returns are now selling, and I see the exact same car with only 20,000 kms for $5,000 less than new. Why buy new when I lose $5000 as I drive off the lot?
because you'll be the only person driving it, who knows how many people/how these people dove the rental.

If the 5k is a big deal for you I guess you can take the chance at the used one, but I wanted to buy a new car
Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #67
DrRay
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
because you'll be the only person driving it, who knows how many people/how these people dove the rental.

If the 5k is a big deal for you I guess you can take the chance at the used one, but I wanted to buy a new car
Oh no, 5K is no big deal to me, I often tip $5K at meals.

Exactly what is the chance, the car has a warranty. Sure, its the worst warranty in the business, but any issues for three years are covered.

I've got news for you, any car you buy is taking a chance, but at least a used car you can assess the vehicle before you buy. No one but the dealer knows what exactly happened to a new car between the factory and the buyer.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #68
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRay View Post

Mine wasn't financed. When asked if I would get a better deal, I was informed that it didn't make a difference commission wise to them if the car was financed or not.

Employee pricing: 2k more or less in discounts depending on what you buy
0% financing: no discounts but 0% financing

Comes to the same cost wise when you finance with either choice but to me because I wasn't financing, it made more sense to buy during the employee pricing so that I could get the discount.

I could be all wrong about this of course but back then that's what I believed.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #69
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93640
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5MT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Yanner Good Standing Member
I would no expect a better price on the car because one is paying in cash, in fact, the opposite. One of the buying tips I have seen many times is that, if buying cash, not to mention it until having agreed on a price for the car and even letting the salesperson think you will be financing. There is money to be made by Ford Financial and the dealership on financing, whether the salespersons makes commission probably depends on the dealership and I wouldn't expect the salesperson to be honest about it.

Since most people finance their cars, 0% financing is just another incentive, albeit one with a psychological component since people might attribute greater utility to borrowing at 0% rather than saving on the price of the car and then paying interest on their loan.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #70
DrRay
Focus Enthusiast

So the quick answer is that paying cash rules on both fronts.
While the employee discount is one price, the value of my trade-in magically increased $1500 with cash.
However, in the end, I bought a used SEL hatchback with only 18,000KM, and every option except Nav.

The car is 6 months old, and it devalued 30%. The dealer could not sell the car, because of the 0% purchasing right now at Ford, versus the 5% on used vehicles. Right now the average Canadian is so far in consumer debt, people are really only buying with 7 year financing.

0% is a gimmick, the interest may be "zero" but the purchase price is higher.

So the experience is the same as I had in 2003, it really makes sense to buy a used current model year car, not new, the difference is that you let someone else take the 30% haircut. Also, all those options that drive up the price on a new car are only worth a fraction used.

Bookmarks & Social Networks