MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Canadian Fanatics

Canadian Fanatics Serving the British Columbia, Alberta, Northwest Territory, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia provinces.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #21
Iceman1000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89414
What I Drive: 2012, Hatc Titanium, Nav, Park, 401

FF Reputation: 1 Iceman1000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks, very usefull info as my car will be delivered Wednesday (landed at the Dealer last Friday). I found ESP at 1,440. 6 Years/100,000k, no deduct at FordEsp.ca. I will relook at the Splash Guards as I value your opinion more than the dealer. Will try to find photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #22
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
For some reason the Search option is disabled - looked up the Gallery and found these. I'm sure there are more but my PC is too slow and my patience has run short...lol

Really it is for protection rather than for looks. I've had a car without mud guards and the rear was damaged from road/tire spray. What other "decent" looking options are there? IMO you can't go wrong with the moulded guards.

Last edited by Guimpy; 09-26-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added notes
Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #23
Iceman1000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89414
What I Drive: 2012, Hatc Titanium, Nav, Park, 401

FF Reputation: 1 Iceman1000 Good Standing Member
I just instructed my dealer to install them. Thanks a lot!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Hi, I paied for mine a total of 28k before taxes.
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:23 AM   #25
mopper874
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90899
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus hatch

FF Reputation: 1 mopper874 Good Standing Member
2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium Hatchback 401a, Luxury Package, Navigation,parking,17 printed rim, 3 year lease, 411 tax in....is that good deal?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #26
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #27
mopper874
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.

i am gonna return it.0 downpay,3years,20k a year,411 tax in
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopper874 View Post
i am gonna return it.0 downpay,3years,20k a year,411 tax in
With a lease, you can expect to make little or no down payment and make lower monthly payments.

Granted, your monthly payment is less each month if you lease, but at the end of the lease period, you don’t own the car.

If you want to continue driving the same car, you must purchase it from the leasing company for its current market value (that's where it'll cost you more).

At the end of the lease period, you may be charged for kilometres you drove in excess of the maximum specified in your lease.

You also may (I should say will) be charged for excess wear and tear and dings on the car (unless you purchase the insurance for regular wear and tear).

Leasing a car may save you money, if you tend to trade cars every few years, and you don’t drive more than 20,000 a year.

Leasing also is useful to those who have little money for a down payment and for those who desire a lower monthly payment than would be possible with straight financing of a purchased auto.

It's impossible to say if you got a good deal or not without having all the information of your lease agreement. You are or will be making lower monthly payments by leasing compared to someone who's purchased, however in the end, you have nothing for the 15,000$ that you've put in the car.

If having a new car every three years and always making car payments is something that you plan on doing, then I do believe that this may very well be the way to go (if there's no excess wear and tear and you don't go over the alloted kms) as you will be making smaller monthly payments.

If you got the car already, Congrats! I love my foci :)
Old 10-31-2011, 05:05 AM   #29
mopper874
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
With a lease, you can expect to make little or no down payment and make lower monthly payments.

Granted, your monthly payment is less each month if you lease, but at the end of the lease period, you don’t own the car.

If you want to continue driving the same car, you must purchase it from the leasing company for its current market value (that's where it'll cost you more).

At the end of the lease period, you may be charged for kilometres you drove in excess of the maximum specified in your lease.

You also may (I should say will) be charged for excess wear and tear and dings on the car (unless you purchase the insurance for regular wear and tear).

Leasing a car may save you money, if you tend to trade cars every few years, and you don’t drive more than 20,000 a year.

Leasing also is useful to those who have little money for a down payment and for those who desire a lower monthly payment than would be possible with straight financing of a purchased auto.

It's impossible to say if you got a good deal or not without having all the information of your lease agreement. You are or will be making lower monthly payments by leasing compared to someone who's purchased, however in the end, you have nothing for the 15,000$ that you've put in the car.

If having a new car every three years and always making car payments is something that you plan on doing, then I do believe that this may very well be the way to go (if there's no excess wear and tear and you don't go over the alloted kms) as you will be making smaller monthly payments.

If you got the car already, Congrats! I love my foci :)
thx man~~my car coming in nov 11 ~
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
tomwu
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91339
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback Black SE M

FF Reputation: 1 tomwu Good Standing Member
Paid $22,000 including taxes and 6yrs/100k, life time oil change
for 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Manual, 1.99% rate on 60 months financing for payment of $420/month

Bookmarks & Social Networks