MK3 Focus - Canadian Owners (How much did you pay?) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Canadian Fanatics

Canadian Fanatics Serving the British Columbia, Alberta, Northwest Territory, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia provinces.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #21
Iceman1000
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89414
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Hatc Titanium, Nav, Park, 401

Posts: 10
FF Reputation: 1 Iceman1000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks, very usefull info as my car will be delivered Wednesday (landed at the Dealer last Friday). I found ESP at 1,440. 6 Years/100,000k, no deduct at FordEsp.ca. I will relook at the Splash Guards as I value your opinion more than the dealer. Will try to find photos.
Iceman1000 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #22
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88333
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

Posts: 182
FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For some reason the Search option is disabled - looked up the Gallery and found these. I'm sure there are more but my PC is too slow and my patience has run short...lol

Really it is for protection rather than for looks. I've had a car without mud guards and the rear was damaged from road/tire spray. What other "decent" looking options are there? IMO you can't go wrong with the moulded guards.





Last edited by Guimpy; 09-26-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: added notes
Guimpy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #23
Iceman1000
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89414
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: 2012, Hatc Titanium, Nav, Park, 401

Posts: 10
FF Reputation: 1 Iceman1000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just instructed my dealer to install them. Thanks a lot!
Iceman1000 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #24
VOLDAR
Focus Addict
 
VOLDAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90444
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

Posts: 1,159
FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi, I paied for mine a total of 28k before taxes.
__________________
White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat
303A, 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic, 17" Aluminum wheels, Luxury Package,
Parking Technology, Navigation, Winter Package
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
VOLDAR is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:23 AM   #25
mopper874
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90899
Location: toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus hatch

Posts: 7
FF Reputation: 1 mopper874 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium Hatchback 401a, Luxury Package, Navigation,parking,17 printed rim, 3 year lease, 411 tax in....is that good deal?
mopper874 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #26
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88333
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

Posts: 182
FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.
Guimpy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #27
mopper874
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90899
Location: toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus hatch

Posts: 7
FF Reputation: 1 mopper874 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
Depends what the buy back is, if down payment is required, interest rate. Are you going to be driving less than 20k a year? A lease is good when you always want a new vehicle every three years but if you plan on buying the car in the end, you usually end up paying way more for the car.

i am gonna return it.0 downpay,3years,20k a year,411 tax in
mopper874 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88333
Location: Ottawa, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

Posts: 182
FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopper874 View Post
i am gonna return it.0 downpay,3years,20k a year,411 tax in
With a lease, you can expect to make little or no down payment and make lower monthly payments.

Granted, your monthly payment is less each month if you lease, but at the end of the lease period, you don’t own the car.

If you want to continue driving the same car, you must purchase it from the leasing company for its current market value (that's where it'll cost you more).

At the end of the lease period, you may be charged for kilometres you drove in excess of the maximum specified in your lease.

You also may (I should say will) be charged for excess wear and tear and dings on the car (unless you purchase the insurance for regular wear and tear).

Leasing a car may save you money, if you tend to trade cars every few years, and you don’t drive more than 20,000 a year.

Leasing also is useful to those who have little money for a down payment and for those who desire a lower monthly payment than would be possible with straight financing of a purchased auto.

It's impossible to say if you got a good deal or not without having all the information of your lease agreement. You are or will be making lower monthly payments by leasing compared to someone who's purchased, however in the end, you have nothing for the 15,000$ that you've put in the car.

If having a new car every three years and always making car payments is something that you plan on doing, then I do believe that this may very well be the way to go (if there's no excess wear and tear and you don't go over the alloted kms) as you will be making smaller monthly payments.

If you got the car already, Congrats! I love my foci :)
Guimpy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:05 AM   #29
mopper874
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90899
Location: toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus hatch

Posts: 7
FF Reputation: 1 mopper874 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guimpy View Post
With a lease, you can expect to make little or no down payment and make lower monthly payments.

Granted, your monthly payment is less each month if you lease, but at the end of the lease period, you don’t own the car.

If you want to continue driving the same car, you must purchase it from the leasing company for its current market value (that's where it'll cost you more).

At the end of the lease period, you may be charged for kilometres you drove in excess of the maximum specified in your lease.

You also may (I should say will) be charged for excess wear and tear and dings on the car (unless you purchase the insurance for regular wear and tear).

Leasing a car may save you money, if you tend to trade cars every few years, and you don’t drive more than 20,000 a year.

Leasing also is useful to those who have little money for a down payment and for those who desire a lower monthly payment than would be possible with straight financing of a purchased auto.

It's impossible to say if you got a good deal or not without having all the information of your lease agreement. You are or will be making lower monthly payments by leasing compared to someone who's purchased, however in the end, you have nothing for the 15,000$ that you've put in the car.

If having a new car every three years and always making car payments is something that you plan on doing, then I do believe that this may very well be the way to go (if there's no excess wear and tear and you don't go over the alloted kms) as you will be making smaller monthly payments.

If you got the car already, Congrats! I love my foci :)
thx man~~my car coming in nov 11 ~
mopper874 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
tomwu
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 91339
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback Black SE M

Posts: 1
FF Reputation: 1 tomwu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Paid $22,000 including taxes and 6yrs/100k, life time oil change
for 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Manual, 1.99% rate on 60 months financing for payment of $420/month
tomwu is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.