Perimeter alarm on 2012 Focus? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-17-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Mine beeps the horn and whatnot when I am pressure washing it at the car wash. So it works.

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
sorry to be a post whore but I found the answer on Ford's website glossary:

Anti-theft Systems
- Perimeter anti-theft alarm system
- Guards the vehicle’s doors, hood and trunk/lift gate. When an unauthorized entry occurs, the system triggers and will:– Flash the head lamps, parking lamps and theft-indicator lamp on the instrument panel
- Sound the horn. Note: It will not be triggered by breaking glass or entry into the vehicle through a window. The perimeter anti-theft alarm system is designed to work with the factory-installed Remote Keyless Entry System.SecuriLock® passive anti-theft ignition system

:( Windows are not covered. how stupid. cars will get broken into a hundred times before they are stolen, especially since most new cars come with sophisticated anti-theft systems. Would help if there was a lockable glovebox or console. thanks Ford, windows are totally vulnerable
that's probably why it had NO impact at all on my car insurance premium. My insurance company considers this as a basic system, but not complete - therefore not eligible for any rebates.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
Grinder
Banned

Fan#: 85627
What I Drive: 2003 CD silver SVT

FF Reputation: 10 Grinder Great Standing Member
Ford alarm systems used to disable with a manual lock entry (using key to unlock door) but perhaps they changed that after the keys migrated to the laser cut as these keys are nearly impossible to duplicate on the spot unlike a conventional key.

I am not aware of an alarm system that is capable of detecting broken glass... usually it is a shock sensor and obviously there will be a measureable shock if someone busts out a window. Besides, it's common sense not to keep valuables locked in a car in a high risk area. Glass is glass and an alarm doesn't prevent access to your valueables it just attracts attention.

There is no pleasing some people. Your car is almost impossible to steal without a flatbed towtruck and they have to break the glass and unlock the door OR pick an almost unpickable lock just to get at your ipad. Keep in mind that what you may find convenient (in regard to anti-theft) others may consider inconvenient (in regard to normal operation)
Old 07-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #14
WizardSkills
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100116
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A 5-door

FF Reputation: 3 WizardSkills Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Ford alarm systems used to disable with a manual lock entry (using key to unlock door) but perhaps they changed that after the keys migrated to the laser cut as these keys are nearly impossible to duplicate on the spot unlike a conventional key.

I am not aware of an alarm system that is capable of detecting broken glass... usually it is a shock sensor and obviously there will be a measureable shock if someone busts out a window. Besides, it's common sense not to keep valuables locked in a car in a high risk area. Glass is glass and an alarm doesn't prevent access to your valueables it just attracts attention.

There is no pleasing some people. Your car is almost impossible to steal without a flatbed towtruck and they have to break the glass and unlock the door OR pick an almost unpickable lock just to get at your ipad. Keep in mind that what you may find convenient (in regard to anti-theft) others may consider inconvenient (in regard to normal operation)
Alarms with microwave can detect windows breaking or any movement within the vehicle; quite handy for convertible owners.
2009 Town Car SigLim-sold
1999 Ranger Toreador Red XLT 4x4 Off-Road-sold
Old 07-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
Pretherius
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97062
What I Drive: 2012 SE Sedan 5-Spd Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 Pretherius Good Standing Member
Quote:

I think we'd be a lot more pleased even just with some sort of shock sensor. I "paid extra" to get a "perimeter alarm system" (though only because it was packaged with cruise control), and is pretty darn close to useless.

You're right that the car is almost impossible to steal. Most Fords have been this way for about 15 years. But if someone wants my iPad, they will attempt to open the locked door and nothing will happen. If they next break a window and grab it, the alarm still won't sound. Pretty lame for a premium option.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Keep you valuables out of sight since if a thief can't see it he doesn't know your goodies are in there.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #17
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
Mine beeps the horn and whatnot when I am pressure washing it at the car wash. So it works.
That's probably just you re-locking the door with the IA sensor. At least, that's what happens to me when I wash my car.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
jrn146
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 275
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red SE 5 door 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 jrn146 Good Standing Member
If I lock mine with the windows down and wait at least a few minutes then reach in and open the door without unlocking with the fob or dash button the alarm goes off. It gives several short warning beeps inside the car then the car goes nuts. It does seem like the car has to sit for a little bit though for some reason. There must be a set delay.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #19
BassAckwards
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104197
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 Kona Edition

FF Reputation: 1 BassAckwards Good Standing Member
http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/autolock/

Edit: Sorry.. posted in wrong thread!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Quote:
I am not aware of an alarm system that is capable of detecting broken glass...
There are systems to detect windows that use either microphones (to detect the sound of glass breaking) or air pressure sensors (to detect the sudden change).

Bookmarks & Social Networks