Perimeter alarm on 2012 Focus? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
pizzapants
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85381
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus TiHatch

FF Reputation: 1 pizzapants Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Perimeter alarm on 2012 Focus?

Reading through the forums and owner's manual, I see a perimeter alarm mentioned. Does this come on the Titanium? I don't remember seeing it when I was configuring the car.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Don't have my car yet but the window sticker says I have it on my Titanium.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Yes, standard on Titanium and SEL, part of the 201A package and above on the SE.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
voipguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85222
What I Drive: 2012 S.Grey SE Spt,4dr,Wint,MR,6sp

FF Reputation: 1 voipguy Good Standing Member
How does the perimeter alarm work???
Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voipguy View Post
How does the perimeter alarm work???
When all the doors, hood and trunk/hatch are closed and locked, if any are opened the alarm will sound.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
The owner's manual is a great reference for this type of information.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012silversel View Post
When all the doors, hood and trunk/hatch are closed and locked, if any are opened the alarm will sound.
I read the manual cover to cover, and yea this is what it says, but its a small paragraph and does not cite specific examples or talk about break ins.

Recently we had break ins in all of the employee cars at my work. they hit every single car in the lot, including a brand new malibu and lexus GS, but did not touch mine....god bless. They bashed the windows in and stole change/GPS's/cellphones/checkbooks. Havent tinted my windows and I had nothing laying out on the seats, so I guess they skipped it thinking it had nothing in it, but I still count my blessings. Desperate Baltimore crackheads

anyways, I wanted to check to see how it works, because a few other cars in the lot have alarms and didnt go off. maybe they were passive anti-theft systems (engine immobilizers, not alarms), but my FoFo definitely has a perimeter alarm as part of the 203A package (its on the window sticker too). After playin around with the focus, I am scared now

When the 2012 is Armed:
- trying to open the doors DOES NOT sound the alarm.
- trying to open the trunk DOES NOT sound the alarm.
- pressing the unlock button inside, which is out in the open on the center stack DOES NOT sound the alarm
- banging on the window (well not too hard obviously) DOES NOT sound the alarm
- banging on the car itself (again not too hard, its new lol) DOES NOT sound the alarm

and heres the kicker:
- Open a window, Arm the car (this is to simulate a smashed open window), then press the unlock button (even Baltimore crackheads can probably see the unlock button) DOES NOT sound the alarm

I began to think that Ford jipped me and didnt include the alarm, until I DID finally get it to go off:
Arm the car, then unlock it manually with the key in the door. the chime counts down, then all hell breaks loose. So my question is, how retarded is Ford? If someone gets their hands on my keys, they can just hit the unlock button (let alone drive away with my car haha). thank God I am protected by a thieves that steal keys, dont know how to press buttons or drive cars, but just want to manually open doors. I am so close to bashing in one of my windows to see if the alarm would go off.....
Old 06-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
tcklord
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80858
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey Metallic SES

FF Reputation: 1 tcklord Good Standing Member
That is the same way it works in my 2011. One time my keyfob fell off in my work parking lot and I went to a store without noticing because I had already hit the unlock button. When I got to my destination I locked the doors manually. When I went to unlock I only had the key but had to put some stuff in the back so the 30 second timer started and the alarm went off since I didn't start the car before that oops. I too wonder if breaking a window will set it off.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #9
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Ok Apparently on the website there is a vehicle security system advertised under accessories for the 12 focus, however its not available to add when you build the car online. Maybe this is a separate accessory, but if so, why include the perimeter alarm in that package, and what purpose does it serve? what a useless waste. I will check with the dealer, but I have a feeling they wont know shit until this car has been out longer

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/acces...#page=Feature1
Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

sorry to be a post whore but I found the answer on Ford's website glossary:

Anti-theft Systems
- Perimeter anti-theft alarm system
- Guards the vehicle’s doors, hood and trunk/lift gate. When an unauthorized entry occurs, the system triggers and will:– Flash the head lamps, parking lamps and theft-indicator lamp on the instrument panel
- Sound the horn. Note: It will not be triggered by breaking glass or entry into the vehicle through a window. The perimeter anti-theft alarm system is designed to work with the factory-installed Remote Keyless Entry System.SecuriLock® passive anti-theft ignition system

:( Windows are not covered. how stupid. cars will get broken into a hundred times before they are stolen, especially since most new cars come with sophisticated anti-theft systems. Would help if there was a lockable glovebox or console. thanks Ford, windows are totally vulnerable

Bookmarks & Social Networks