Focus Fanatics Forum banner

We Catch the 247-hp 2012 Ford Focus ST at the Nürburgring

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  usapatriot 
#1 ·
We've just caught a mule of Ford’s upcoming Focus ST as it heads into testing at the Nürburgring in Germany. While the body is stock Focus, the Brobdingnagian wheels and the center-mounted exhaust tell us that this is definitely the 247-hp, 260-lb-ft hot hatch. We expect Ford’s answer to the VW GTI to arrive in late fall.

Center Exhaust

See less See more
#2 ·
LOVE the wheels
But expected late fall? Everything from Ford has told us we have to wait until early 2012. Don't get me wrong, nothing would make me happier than finding out that this is to be released early, but nothing else has hinted at that.

And another thing I've been curious about involving these mules. The front of the ST has the wide open grille to help cool the intercooler. How could they get accurate test results without testing an ST with an open grille?

#6 ·
and another thing i've been curious about involving these mules. The front of the st has the wide open grille to help cool the intercooler. How could they get accurate test results without testing an st with an open grille?
good point... And i think the wheels look nice but would like them better in that like gray/graphite color i've seen in other pics

#10 ·
They've hinted that it would. I can't imagine anything else they'd use it on, so I can't see why they wouldn't. And yes, I agree (and I'd join you in the Ford rep abuse). I'd probably still buy it without revoknuckle, but I'd possibly consider other cars too, such as the MS3 and WRX. The fact the the Focus ST will be a powerful FWD Focus without torque steer is a HUGE selling point.
^^ o cool u got info. how heavy is the focus ST?? also what is its 0-60mph run time and its 1/4 mile???
I don't think that has been released yet... but if someone knows, they better share!

#9 ·
^^ o cool u got info. how heavy is the focus ST?? also what is its 0-60mph run time and its 1/4 mile???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.