2012 Focus - Rough Idle - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #31
gearhed67
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92936
What I Drive: 2012 black s

FF Reputation: 1 gearhed67 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I definately agree with you naomi about tsb's being VIN specific and I am definately not saying that this is the issue with my car or anyone elses. I just get tired of taking my vehicles to the ford dealer service departments (and I have been to a few to include this focus for other issues) and to be told "I see the sympton but we dont know whats wrong with it." Anyway here is the TSB info: this tsb does apply to other vehicles but this is FocusFanatics so

TSB #10-21-6

DTC P2111 OR P2112, OR LOWER THAN DESIRED ENGINE IDLE SPEED, ENGINE IDLE SPEED FLUCTUATES WITH OR WITHOUT DTC'S.

2010-2011 focus

ISSUE
2.0L may exhibit diagnostic trouble codes P2111, P2112, or the idle speed drops lower than desired and or fluctuates. The idle speed concern can be intermisttent and DTC's P2111, P2112 may or may not be present.

Applies to 2.0L engine with build dates from 2/11/2010 to 8/2/2010

SERVICE PROCEDURE

If vehicle exhibits any of the following symptoms, replace the throttle body

DTC P2111 and or P2112

Idle speed lower than desired

Idle speed fluctuates

I hope this helps somebody. I am going to try to find some time to get my car to the dealer but the bad thing is its intermittent and they may need to keep it for a few days. But once I do I will post the results from the visit.

Oh Flewse thanks for the tip thats a pretty cool feature. Unfortunately I have a base model and I dont have any buttons. According to the window build sheet I have a standard epuiped "options"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #32
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhed67 View Post
I definately agree with you naomi about tsb's being VIN specific and I am definately not saying that this is the issue with my car or anyone elses.
I hope this helps somebody. I am going to try to find some time to get my car to the dealer but the bad thing is its intermittent and they may need to keep it for a few days. But once I do I will post the results from the visit.
Hey Gearhed67,

Thanks for your understanding! Yes, please keep me posted on the results and if you need assistance send me a PM.

I wish you a safe and Happy Holiday!

Noemi

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #33
gearhed67
Focus Rookie

Ok I still havent taken my car to the dealer but I just got a recall notice in the mail. It is titled Emission Recall 11E04. Under "What is the issue" it states, "On your vehicle, the software calibration may not meet emissions diagnostic requirements, reducing its ability to fully monitor the effectiveness of certain powertrain components." Now whether or not this is related to the rough/low idle issue I dont know. I will call the dealership tomorrow and make an appointment to drop the car off. I will leave an update when I get it back.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
gearhed67
Focus Rookie

Alright I just picked up my car from the dealer and to no surprise they cannot duplicate the rough low idle issue which is exactly what I expected the outcome to be. I will keep watching it but maybe the pcm reprogram from the recall fixed it. I only drove 7 or 8 miles so far but right now I am not a satisfied customer. If only LTD's got good gas mileage.:(
Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #35
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhed67 View Post
Alright I just picked up my car from the dealer and to no surprise they cannot duplicate the rough low idle issue which is exactly what I expected the outcome to be. I will keep watching it but maybe the pcm reprogram from the recall fixed it. I only drove 7 or 8 miles so far but right now I am not a satisfied customer. If only LTD's got good gas mileage.:(
Hi gearhed67,

Sorry to hear about the outcome. Send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage as well as your personal and dealer contact info. I'll have the Customer Service Manager in your area provide some assistance.

Noemi

Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
gearhed67
Focus Rookie

So I talked to the customer service rep from Ford today and they told me the same thing as the dealer "unless you can duplicate the issue we cant do anything about it". How about Ford duplicates the issue. Maybe I'll just mount a camara in my dash to video the gauges or I can teleport a ford tech into the car when it does it. This is beginning to irritate me.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #37
beerbombs
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87541
What I Drive: 2012 Grey SEL

FF Reputation: 1 beerbombs Good Standing Member
bye by focus :(

It is unfortunate that I must say that I couldn't take the problems with my 2012 Focus. I traded it in yesterday. I now have a Fusion.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #38
2005_Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95980
What I Drive: 2005, Sterling Gray, Focus ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 1 2005_Focus Good Standing Member
Jill (beerbombs), The Fusion is a really nice sharp car, and I have seen a lot of them on the road. I have neighbors that drive them and I have heard no complainants. I hope everything works well for you with the new ride.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #39
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbombs View Post
It is unfortunate that I must say that I couldn't take the problems with my 2012 Focus. I traded it in yesterday. I now have a Fusion.
Hi beerbooms,

Awww...I'm sorry you traded your Focus, but happy you're still a Ford family member. Enjoy your Fusion's new car smell and let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005_Focus View Post
Jill (beerbombs), The Fusion is a really nice sharp car, and I have seen a lot of them on the road. I have neighbors that drive them and I have heard no complainants. I hope everything works well for you with the new ride.
Hello 2005_Focus,

Thanks for the encouraging words to our fellow poster.

Take care!

Noemi

Old 04-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
mustang1986
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97259
What I Drive: 2009 Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mustang1986 Good Standing Member
I have a 2009 Focus. Bought it new in August 2009. Had run great until December 2011. Was sitting in traffic waiting to make a turn and it died. Not the foot slipping off clutch killing it died just smooth died. Started right back. That's when we noticed the rough idle RPMs will bounce around. Dropping down between 1000 to 0. It will either die or stutter. We have taken it several times to the dealer. First they flashed the computer, that didn't work. Then they changed the PCM, that hasn't worked. Now they say they can't get it do what we say it does. My husband even recorded the RPMs bouncing around, that didn't seem to matter to them. They suggested that the next time I notice it pull in and get them to come out and check it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks