Year update with 2013 focus... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
I am Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110673
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion SE

FF Reputation: 1 I am Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Year update with 2013 focus...

Well it's been over a year since I bought my 2013 focus titanium. It's been interesting and frustrating to say the least. As far as the dct, it started the loud noises a couple weeks after purchasing, had the run around with dealerships, customer service, etc. This issue has gone away though. It was about 10k miles when it went away (15k now). So far it's been running smoother and quiet with no issues in performance. I have gotten more noises inside my car though, rattles, squeaks, etc. Part of it is from the passenger side of the roof (have a sunroof). Some days it's noisy and other days it's quiet. Lately it's been quiet. So pretty much all annoyances have gone away at this point and finally enjoying the car.

My question for you guys...
Have any of you had the same thing happen where after a while the dct was fine, but then got worse with higher mileage?

Any of you have high mileage (70k and higher) and have no problems or recurring problems?

I'm just wondering if this car will just end up having issues in the future and if I should just trade it in on a Fusion or not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 60 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Moved this to the MkIII section for a better fit & more responses.

Luck

S.R. #275

Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
If you can... Trade it. The Fusion is way better car than the Focus
Old 04-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
tru88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114979
What I Drive: 2014, Sterling Gray, SE Focus

FF Reputation: 1 tru88 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Focused View Post
Well it's been over a year since I bought my 2013 focus titanium. It's been interesting and frustrating to say the least. As far as the dct, it started the loud noises a couple weeks after purchasing, had the run around with dealerships, customer service, etc. This issue has gone away though. It was about 10k miles when it went away (15k now). So far it's been running smoother and quiet with no issues in performance. I have gotten more noises inside my car though, rattles, squeaks, etc. Part of it is from the passenger side of the roof (have a sunroof). Some days it's noisy and other days it's quiet. Lately it's been quiet. So pretty much all annoyances have gone away at this point and finally enjoying the car.

My question for you guys...
Have any of you had the same thing happen where after a while the dct was fine, but then got worse with higher mileage?

Any of you have high mileage (70k and higher) and have no problems or recurring problems?

I'm just wondering if this car will just end up having issues in the future and if I should just trade it in on a Fusion or not.

That's the one thing I don't like about the new cars....a lot of plastic means a lot of noise. My pass side door makes a little bit of noise on the highway from wind and was told that because of the cars being built with more plastic you're going to get that. But man ya gotta trust your vehicle, once ya lose that, dump it because all you'll do is worry about it. I believe there are quite a bit of people here with high mileage focuses and they have had no issues. You never hear about the people who are happy about things, it's always gonna be when someone is unsatisfied with something.

I'm not sure if cunff if you've had any DCT issues, I know you've said paint issues but idk why ya are on the hating side of things with these cars. Have you driven a fusion? If so how do you know that it's a better car? I've heard plenty of bad about the ecoboost cars
Old 04-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
pintoman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111686
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Ingot Sil Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 pintoman Good Standing Member
I think that there are many of us with newer DCTs (2013) would be asking the same question.....what is the dependability of the DCT as miles add up....I understand that the BMW will go 150,000, hope the Focus DCT will do the same, or more. I love the DCT and the shift does smooth out after more miles (4900) on it.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
I am Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110673
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion SE

FF Reputation: 1 I am Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
Is the new taurus a good car too? They look nice.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #7
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
For what it's worth, I drove on the original (oil soaked) clutch for 62k miles. Though, the experience was less than pleasant.

I'm at 80.5k total now (18.5k on the new clutch) with the revised software. I don't doubt the clutch will withstand the mileage, but I am wary of how graceful the shifts will be as it ages. As of now, I have no reason to worry so I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post

I don't fully understand why you're even on this site considering the fact that all you ever do is bash the Focus. You clearly don't know much about the platform and the only 'advice' you ever have is to get a new car.

Kinda hypocritical, eh?

Anyways, OP-I've seen some instances of DCT's failing at higher mileage, but only the standard clutch problems and from what I can recall it hasn't been a lot. My observation is that if the clutches go they go relatively early. It seems that Ford dealerships have gotten better at getting them fixed because those that have had them replaced generally don't seem to be having the problems return.

Even if you're worried I would say hold onto it for a while and enjoy it while it's enjoyable. You'll get closer to having equity and won't be throwing out the baby with the water if nothing goes wrong.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
tru88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114979
What I Drive: 2014, Sterling Gray, SE Focus

FF Reputation: 1 tru88 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I don't fully understand why you're even on this site considering the fact that all you ever do is bash the Focus. You clearly don't know much about the platform and the only 'advice' you ever have is to get a new car.

Kinda hypocritical, eh?
That's what I've been wondering. Every thread I look at it's always comments from this person ripping on this or that, yet I've never seen them complain about any issues with their car pertaining to this or that. And they always say to get a new car, yet they still have their focus and are posting pics of it everywhere. It's really annoying.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Titanium DCT Dilemma

FF Reputation: 1 Tubeway Army Good Standing Member
I passed 1 year last month, 14K miles, DCT is still the same annoying, unpredictable mess it was a year ago. I want to trade the car in so bad, but I'm not in a good position to do it right now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks