Kona Blue no longer available - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #61
NetEng
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85764
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NetEng Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im a bit worried on my order now. It was placed on Apr 2 but I have not heard of a VIN yet, I called the dealer yesterday who said they have not heard anything but he would check with the order guy on Monday and see if what kind of status they get. I have a feeling since he is saying there is no VIN assigned I wont be getting a Kona Blue Focus. Ill find out for sure on Monday though I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #62
cpogordon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85208
What I Drive: 2009 VW Tiguan

FF Reputation: 1 cpogordon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetEng View Post
Im a bit worried on my order now. It was placed on Apr 2 but I have not heard of a VIN yet, I called the dealer yesterday who said they have not heard anything but he would check with the order guy on Monday and see if what kind of status they get. I have a feeling since he is saying there is no VIN assigned I wont be getting a Kona Blue Focus. Ill find out for sure on Monday though I guess.
If they ordered your car April 2nd it should already be built and on the way to the dealer lot - if they ordered it. Sounds like your salesman doesn't follow through. Should of had a VIN in two weeks, should have been built 30 days after you ordered it, and should be showing up at your dealers lot any day - if they ordered it. Tell them you want a copy of the Vehicle Order Report - now!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #63
NetEng
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85764
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NetEng Good Standing Member
So I called my dealer today, my salesman was out but another said he was going to go into my salesman's office and take a look at the paperwork as he said there was a VIN assigned. They gave me a VIN but it appears now that the one I was given is not going to be for my car, they gave me the VIN number for an SE, not the titanium that I ordered. So at this point I have no idea what I am getting, I have a good feeling I am not going to get the Kona Blue I ordered though. It appears that a trip to the dealer tomorrow is going to be in order...
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #64
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Sorry about all the problems you all are having. If you lived near Atlanta I would send you to the dealership I went to. They have been great. The salesman calls me every week with an update. I never asked him to, but he has been incredible. I ordered April 19th, have a VIN, window sticker and my car should be built May 19. When I ordered my salesman told me that having a moonroof could potentially delay the process some since I guess those are manufactured elsewhere. Point is, he has bee very helpful and forth coming with information.

My car: Blue Candy Titanium, Hatch with everything but handling package and the colored seats. I cannot wait!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:30 AM   #65
marabdl86
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80825
What I Drive: Toyota Camry

FF Reputation: 1 marabdl86 Good Standing Member
can someone post pictures showing the difference between kona and sonic blue. I did a search for sonic blue and I honestly like it more. Kona looks too dark in certain light
Old 05-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #66
BottleGnome
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85769
What I Drive: 2012 SEL in Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 1 BottleGnome Good Standing Member
I found out this morning that my focus would not be available in the kona that I wanted. My order was placed in the end of April. I was able to switch and unfortunately have to settle for oxford white. I was offered the blue flame color but it just doesn't cut it in my book compared to the kona. My car was supposed to be built yesterday 5/16, and the dealer sounded optimistic that it should be built tomorrow 5/18. My fingers are definitely crossed.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #67
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
can someone post pictures showing the difference between kona and sonic blue. I did a search for sonic blue and I honestly like it more. Kona looks too dark in certain light
Taste is a funny thing! I ended up going with Sterling Grey, but I almost went for the Kona because I liked that it was too dark in certain light, or absence of light. Almost like you were getting two colors for the price of one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleGnome View Post
I found out this morning that my focus would not be available in the kona that I wanted. My order was placed in the end of April. I was able to switch and unfortunately have to settle for oxford white. I was offered the blue flame color but it just doesn't cut it in my book compared to the kona. My car was supposed to be built yesterday 5/16, and the dealer sounded optimistic that it should be built tomorrow 5/18. My fingers are definitely crossed.
I'm sorry to hear that BottleGnome. I've seen the same 2012 oxford white sedan driving around my neighborhood and it is one classy looking car. I'm not sure what trim level you ordered, but if you could afford the arctic two-tone leather interior, that would be downright gorgeous!

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #68
Looky33
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85492
What I Drive: 1999 Deep Red Dodge Dakota

FF Reputation: 1 Looky33 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetEng View Post
I ordered mine on the 15th of April and it was submitted on the 21st. Got a VIN number about 2 weeks after that and see a window sicker on line with a build date of 5/21. It is Kona Blue. I would defininetly call the dealer and ask for an order confirmation number and VIN.. You should have all of this if not the car by now if they placed the order in early April.

Good luck and hope it works out.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #69
BottleGnome
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85769
What I Drive: 2012 SEL in Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 1 BottleGnome Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post

I'm sorry to hear that BottleGnome. I've seen the same 2012 oxford white sedan driving around my neighborhood and it is one classy looking car. I'm not sure what trim level you ordered, but if you could afford the arctic two-tone leather interior, that would be downright gorgeous!

-B
I should correct myself when I say settle. I am quite happy to be getting the car in oxford white. I was just so dead-set on getting kona because it looked so nice that I was a little disappointed. I'm over it now. I ordered an SEL with MFT, and medium stone leather seats. It sucks that to get turn signals in the mirrors I would have had to get a winter package that is totally unnecessary where I live. Hopefully my car is being built today and shipping shortly after.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #70
GoGators
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85209
What I Drive: 2012, Kona Blue, Focus SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 GoGators Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleGnome View Post
I should correct myself when I say settle. I am quite happy to be getting the car in oxford white. I was just so dead-set on getting kona because it looked so nice that I was a little disappointed. I'm over it now. I ordered an SEL with MFT, and medium stone leather seats. It sucks that to get turn signals in the mirrors I would have had to get a winter package that is totally unnecessary where I live. Hopefully my car is being built today and shipping shortly after.
If you ordered an SEL you get the integrated turn signals standard. My SEL has them and I didn't order the winter package.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->