2013 Ford Focus About to Turn 10K - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
hotplaying
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113214
What I Drive: Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 hotplaying Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Ford Focus About to Turn 10K

My Ford Focus St is about to hit 10K, it is my daily driver to and from work which is almost a 50 mile round trip. I avg about 25 mpg a tank unless I drive it like it was meant to or if I get stuck in a lot of traffic.
Icemaggedon just ended in DFW and my car has never looked dirtier from all the sand and salt on the roads. I still haven't done any upgrades on it but maybe will buy a programmer to increase the boost.... not sure. I figure in about 2 years I may trade this one in for a 2016 so why mess with it? I love the car and am stoked I did exactly what Motor Trend said in their ST vs Subaru BTR article and I quote "We regard the Focus ST as one of the best examples of front-drive cars North America has ever seen, but we can't get past its lack of steering feel, torque-steer, and boy-racer attitude. We think it's one hell of a deal if you buy the base car without all the toys"

My coworker has the same ST with the my touch and recaro seats. Her mytouch is so slow, and she wants to trade my cloth seats for her recaros (our cars are the same color) I don't think I am gonna bite on that trade.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz2nQGrZvK5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
Pennut
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91326
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 Pennut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My 2012 Focus SE with the sport option has the same seats as your ST. Just don't have the embroidered St logo on them of course. I find them to be comfortable if hard to clean sometimes. Cleaning the black mesh portion can be a pain sometimes with the little holes. I was eating a candy bar and got some chocolate down in there. I know there were a lot of complaints about the MFT when it first came out. thought they had improved on it though. Not to make you feel bad, but I have never gotten below 30 mpg no matter what conditions I drive, but that is the trade off for a performance car. So how has the reliability been so far over all on your ST?
Old 12-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
TKG26
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117681
What I Drive: 2013/Grey/Ti-Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TKG26 Good Standing Member
St has normal seats? Aaaah the number one reason we went titanium over ST was we hated the recaro seats! Ok our asses didn't fit right ok i said it.. lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using FF Mobile
Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotplaying View Post
Her mytouch is so slow
Yeah, nevermind that the MFT system has more features and sounds much better than the base systems.
That second or two that you have to wait just kills it.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)

Eeeek, the C-Max I'm looking at has MFT. How about the bluetooth and phone support? Streaming music ok? USB music ok? HDD stored music ok? Steering wheel controls ok? The C-Max has both steering controls and instrument cluster read-out LCD- do Focis have that sort of LCD in the instrument cluster? Does that help with distraction?

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
St has normal seats? Aaaah the number one reason we went titanium over ST was we hated the recaro seats! Ok our asses didn't fit right ok i said it.. lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using FF Mobile
The ST1 (base ST model) has the sport bucket seats not the Recaros.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #7
hotplaying
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113214
What I Drive: Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 hotplaying Good Standing Member
My car has ran flawlessly so far, it goes fast as hell when I want it to. It stops on a dime, and turns like it is on rails. It was an easy decide for me for this. I didn't like the feel of Recaros, and the mytouch wasn't responding well on the two diffferent cars I drived. I like the bluetooth but people can't hear me good if the air is on

Bookmarks & Social Networks