2012 Focus Sport Package - Changes? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #61
Grisby
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87598
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Hatch 201A 5M Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Grisby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hmmmm, the mystery deepens.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #62
silvertoy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88044
What I Drive: 2013 PB, Inside/out ST2 Nav w/ Moon

FF Reputation: 2 silvertoy Good Standing Member
Has anyone entertained the possibility that the Handling package might actually be more softly sprung than the touring to accommodate the harshness of the 18" wheels?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #63
nateyo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88182
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nateyo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
I have been communicating with a Jamie@Ford on Facebook regarding this issue.

My latest correspondence was asking about the three types of shocks/struts "Standard" "Touring" and "Handling" listed in the FordParts.com inventory and here is the response I received.

Jamie At Ford
If you would like me to research what specific parts are on your Focus, I will be happy to do so. I cannot, however, provide insight as to why there are “3 different named set-ups” at this time. While I understand you are on a mission to make Ford confirm or deny a parts description for your vehicle, those are matters that can be taken up further with the Office of General Council.

It appears I have hit a nerve with this investigation.
Maybe someone can speak with their local Ford service centers parts department to see if this department can share any knowledge on the different categories of shocks/struts for your 2012 Focus.
You could just actually follow up on that.

http://www.superlawyers.com/michigan...a9341e766.html
Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #64
Dgc333
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85422
What I Drive: 2012, candy blue, SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Dgc333 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertoy View Post
Has anyone entertained the possibility that the Handling package might actually be more softly sprung than the touring to accommodate the harshness of the 18" wheels?
That is not unusual. It is the whole package of tires, springs, shocks and sway bars that will determine the handling performance.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:48 AM   #65
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 11 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyo View Post
You could just actually follow up on that.

http://www.superlawyers.com/michigan...a9341e766.html
My intentions were not to put Ford into a defensive position. My intentions were to have Ford clear up the confusion they created with their media PR release http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=33466 "announcing a pair of available packages for mid-level SE and up-range Titanium models.” This release was in October 2010, fast forward to an article Car & Driver wrote this spring 2011 on the SE with Sport Package, and the writer of the article originally wrote about the sport suspension, but later posted in the comment section that he spoke with Ford and was told the sport suspension was not part of the SE Sport Package, which started me asking the questions to Ford North America.

Ford N.A. told me the sport suspension was not on any trim levels of the new Focus, only the handling package offered on the Titanium trim line.
But when I noticed that Ford is selling standard, touring & handling shocks/struts in its fordparts.com , i asked about this, and received as you read above the very defensive response.

So I have come to the conclusion that Ford Corporate is not the best place to ask about its products bits and pieces, but would hopefully get some clarity from dealership parts departments.

BTW the handling package on the Titanium is not softer set up, this suspension set up is the same as the Euro tuned standard suspension set up
Old 08-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #66
nateyo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88182
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 nateyo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
My intentions were not to put Ford into a defensive position. My intentions were to have Ford clear up the confusion they created with their media PR release http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=33466 "announcing a pair of available packages for mid-level SE and up-range Titanium models.” This release was in October 2010, fast forward to an article Car & Driver wrote this spring 2011 on the SE with Sport Package, and the writer of the article originally wrote about the sport suspension, but later posted in the comment section that he spoke with Ford and was told the sport suspension was not part of the SE Sport Package, which started me asking the questions to Ford North America.

Ford N.A. told me the sport suspension was not on any trim levels of the new Focus, only the handling package offered on the Titanium trim line.
But when I noticed that Ford is selling standard, touring & handling shocks/struts in its fordparts.com , i asked about this, and received as you read above the very defensive response.

So I have come to the conclusion that Ford Corporate is not the best place to ask about its products bits and pieces, but would hopefully get some clarity from dealership parts departments.

BTW the handling package on the Titanium is not softer set up, this suspension set up is the same as the Euro tuned standard suspension set up
Ok I understand that but it seems the dealers have no idea about the stuff anyway haha. I mean they're selling us very expensive pieces of equipment and not being clear about it, I think we have the right to push them into a defensive and get some clear answers. I want to know exactly what I'm paying for when I drop a couple hundred dollars on an extra package you know?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #67
yetanothername
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84736
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch Sport

FF Reputation: 2 yetanothername Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyo View Post
Ok I understand that but it seems the dealers have no idea about the stuff anyway haha. I mean they're selling us very expensive pieces of equipment and not being clear about it, I think we have the right to push them into a defensive and get some clear answers. I want to know exactly what I'm paying for when I drop a couple hundred dollars on an extra package you know?
+1

When you decide if you're going to buy an option package, you look at the price for the package and what it includes, and ask yourself "is that worth it?". So you might think the sport package is a good price in part because it includes a sport suspension, then you find out it later it doesn't. That's not right. Not saying Ford did it on purpose, and that I wouldn't have bought it anyway, but still.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #68
mattlqx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87201
What I Drive: '12 SE 5-dr MT Yellow, '13 Boss 302

FF Reputation: 1 mattlqx Good Standing Member
That's really bogus when nobody wants to answer your simple question that was created by their complex marketing techniques. The worst part is that nobody at Ford Customer Relations will step-up and research the issue internally and give you a clear answer. The answer is less important than how they're treating the question.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #69
lscrx
Focus Addict

Fan#: 41668
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE hatch 5mt

FF Reputation: 2 lscrx Good Standing Member
I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but has there been any consensus on the sport package? I parked next to a non-sport SE sedan the other day and it appeared that the front sat at about the same height, and the rear (of the non-sport) was a 1/2" higher.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #70
kevintm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88360
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow SE hatch (AT)

FF Reputation: 1 kevintm Good Standing Member
For the sport package, I think there was a change made at some point. I have a 2012 Yellow Focus SE w/ the sport package. For comparison, in the rear right my Red / white striped tag says C346 RR BV61-5560-NFD E29EJ. I believe this one is a little bit stiffer then the standard Shocks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks