2000zX3sct = disappointment - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Floodyou76
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105749
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Floodyou76 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2000zX3sct = disappointment

I wasn't going to post this up, but with the response he gave me, well, changed my mind.

I bought an AEM short ram intake from this guy just the other week. When I get it in the mail, I was very disappointed with what I got.

Turns out what he (assuming "he" since he was the owner) forced two oversized coarse-threaded screws into the MAF mount holes, tearing up the threads that were originally a fine thread. So, that wouldn't be too bad, except that the screws are so fat(how fat were they they?), so fat that they don't even fit though the holes in the actual MAF itself...so, clearly, these screws were never used to mount the MAF, but just forced in for whatever reason.

So, I PM him about it explaining the situation...and after making excuses saying that he never even used it, that he just bought it, then turned around and sold it right away (Is that even allowed??)...he then turns and says. "How do I know you didn't just do that just so you can rip ME off? (paraphrased)

Here is the exact PM conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000zX3sct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodyou76
Quote:
Quote:
shipping? tracking?
Hey , sent it out last Friday . Should be receiving it soon . The track info is in my car so I can get that for you tomorrow.

Hey, I got the intake, but we have some serious issues.o

First, the screws you shoved in there are not the screws that it was meant for. You shoved in a course-threaded screw and the threads are fine threaded. the threads are all F'd up now and to top it off, I cant even reuse those screws you shoved in the holes because the holes on the MAF sensor itself aren't that big...so its pretty much useless.

What do you want to do about this?
I dunno what to tell you man , I'm sure you can think of something to make it work. I never even laid my hands on that intake except for packing it up . I bought the intake and put it for sale right away. I do apologize as I wouldn't send something out if I knew it wasn't functional. I don't have the funds as I'm pretty much broke cause of school fees. Then again how do I know you did t just mess it up and try to scam the money back ?

Its not like I asked him for a full refund, but its not worth the full amount I paid for it either, since well, I am not sure what I'm gonna do to fix it...maybe a helicoil??

Anyway, this guy is a douche and I just wanted to say so. Im filing with paypal for $20 back, at least. I think that is reasonable for the cost of a helicoil set and the time to fix it to be useable, no?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
etownftball75
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97356
What I Drive: 2003 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 etownftball75 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey thanks for the heads up, that is not cool on all parts. I would go for 50 back from paypal

Sent from my SCH-R530U using FF Mobile
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Did you buy it from the BST section here?

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 09-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Floodyou76
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, y?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Not to bust your balls but,

The picture he posted clearly shows the screws.
Now I do understand that you may not have known they were wrong prior to removing your MAFS.

You may be able to find a short stud with #8 one one side and something smaller on the other. I recall something similar being used in fiberglass.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
Floodyou76
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, you can see screws. that doesnt mean anything. Some intakes has coarse screws, like the stock one, and others are fine threaded, most aftermarket intakes.

The issue is that coarse screws were shoved in it, destroyed the threads and is too large to fit in the maf holes, rendering the intake completely useless as-is
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I got an idea for you. cut your losses here obviously and get a 3 inch maf tube from cfm with comes with PROPER SCREWS and run a coupler and tube off it with a filter. not be as pretty but will get the job done
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 09-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
We don't need no pretty!

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 10-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
rallyrs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19498
FF Reputation: 3 rallyrs Good Standing Member
Damn-those look like wood screws!
2.3 Duratec/MZR,slushbox-sold
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
2000zX3sct
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97335
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 2000zX3sct Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
funny how he left out his rudeness.

wow. You are unbelievable. Well, don't expect to sell anything else easily on here. I'll be filing with Paypal over this.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
shipping? tracking?
Hey , sent it out last Friday . Should be receiving it soon . The track info is in my car so I can get that for you tomorrow.

Hey, I got the intake, but we have some serious issues.o

First, the screws you shoved in there are not the screws that it was meant for. You shoved in a course-threaded screw and the threads are fine threaded. the threads are all F'd up now and to top it off, I cant even reuse those screws you shoved in the holes because the holes on the MAF sensor itself aren't that big...so its pretty much useless.

What do you want to do about this?
I dunno what to tell you man , I'm sure you can think of something to make it work. I never even laid my hands on that intake except for packing it up . I bought the intake and put it for sale right away. I do apologize as I wouldn't send something out if I knew it wasn't functional. I don't have the funds as I'm pretty much broke cause of school fees. Then again how do I know you did t just mess it up and try to scam the money back ?

Bookmarks & Social Networks