Wrench dash light - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
JCH841
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79303
What I Drive: 2013 Blue ST3

Points 906, Level 16
Points: 906, Level: 16 Points: 906, Level: 16 Points: 906, Level: 16
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 JCH841 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not sticking up for Ford, or anyone else, but it's hard to find a good mechanic. I do all my own work except for state insections, tire installs and alignments. And then I go to one place and deal with one service advisor. If he's off that day I come back when he's there. Alot of schools have dropped auto shop, so unless someone invests in tech school, they get OJT until they've proven themselves and a dealer sends them to a factory school. I know cars are not boats, but I ran the training program for a major boat engine manufacturer for 5 years and we had a lot of guys pretending to be mechanics. My favorite was the one that claimed to find short circuits by replacing the blown fuse with an outboard shear pin (solid steel pin) and looking for the smoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #22
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,399, Level 98
Points: 27,399, Level: 98 Points: 27,399, Level: 98 Points: 27,399, Level: 98
Level Up 5% Completed
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsroar View Post
YES! I'm getting tired of the "Ford customer service" posts. What are they actually helping with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Cockburn View Post
I just can't stand every time I try to have a conversation with a service person at Ford with whats wrong with my car, I get treated like I'm an idiot.

Also what is "Deysha" going to escalate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_2000_se View Post
Anyone else see this one coming like a freight train?
Guys, you should be thankful that Ford Corp is paying any attention to our little website at all. As you can read above, a call from Corp will cause a dealer to get off their butts and diagnose something. In defense of the dealer, I cannot fix a vehicle that doesn't present a problem. It has to run wrong, throw a code, or something for me to be able to figure it out at all. Now that most cars have platinum plugs installed at the factory- that's just one more clue I won't be able to use.

I've always been impressed since day one when Deysha first appeared in Tech chat many moons ago. I'm happy that Ford is taking an interest in the E-world of auto repair, and until recently I haven't seen FCS intrude on repair threads on older Foci that are out of warranty.

What I'm saying is that y'all need to lay off my GFF's

As far as suggestions go, Deysha and Natasha, first off thanks for helping our members who are having trouble with their dealers- that will really help Ford Corp in the long run. Second, is there any way that you can search for TSBs or other assistance in helping our users with older cars diagnose their issues? Most problems on here have simple causes, but every once in a while I run into something beyond the knowledge of our users. When it comes to repairing a car that is more than 6 years old, I don't think anyone is going to go to a dealer if they feel that they can repair it at home. The ones who are going to take it to a dealer aren't the kind of people to post on these websites, and likely already have an extended service contract.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #23
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1037
What I Drive: 2002 silver se, 2009 blk ses

FF Reputation: 1 johnkos Good Standing Member
Well as of right now I'm happy to have their help.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
a_2000_se
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62964
What I Drive: 2000 SE SOHC SPI, Compression @ 164

Points 4,699, Level 43
Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 15 a_2000_se Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkos View Post
Where do i go from here? The dealer said if there is no trouble code in the computer there isn't much they can do.

The car is a 2009 Focus SES.
Up until now there was no 'Code'. I think even 'AutoZone' could have got this one right with a simple code reader (depending on what the code was).

You should be happier than a pig in poo poo - your car is fixed and the wife is happy and safe.

But it is a 2009 and probably still under warranty - where else would you take it other than a dealership when the 'check engine light' shines up with a code?

My personal favs from FCS is the multitude of: "...it must be really frustrating..... sorry to hear...."

I think Detroit is going soft...... gear heads want you to grow a pair. lol.

I love my dealership still sending me "you've missed many scheduled services on your vehicle" - Nah, I have a folder thicker than a NYC telephone book with "services" I've performed over the last 11 years since the car was new..... bless their hearts.
Replaced #4 Piston, Rings, Rod+Bearings, AERA Re-Manufactured Cylinder Head and a light Hone. Then CLEANED the hell out of everything.
60k+ miles.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #25
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 18,286, Level 85
Points: 18,286, Level: 85 Points: 18,286, Level: 85 Points: 18,286, Level: 85
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Since the problem's solved/fixed and the thread is already on the downhill ...

If you do not help, are not willing to help, don't know how to help, have nothing constructive that may in some way help with the problem at hand ... curb your damn fingers!
This is the tech section, which is for help; weather that be from other forum members or FoMoCo it's still help.
This is not the section to argue or discuss how you don't like the pants you're wearing.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
a_2000_se
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62964
What I Drive: 2000 SE SOHC SPI, Compression @ 164

Points 4,699, Level 43
Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43 Points: 4,699, Level: 43
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 15 a_2000_se Great Standing Member
A month or more between failures, soft fails, and then a code. Hope it is fixed but 24 hours to make that call.

Tell us at least what the 'Code' was from the service invoice so we can ad it to the knowledge database.

Inquiring minds want to know.....
Replaced #4 Piston, Rings, Rod+Bearings, AERA Re-Manufactured Cylinder Head and a light Hone. Then CLEANED the hell out of everything.
60k+ miles.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

The code was P2112... internal fault in throttle body.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #28
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,235, Level 35
Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35 Points: 3,235, Level: 35
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

I understand that some posters do not want to be told to take their Focus to the dealer. I recommend the dealer because often it's the best solution for many issues. If a poster is clearly wanting to do it themselves, I do not respond. If a poster is unsure, however, then I do recommend the dealership as they may not be aware of the services a dealer provides.

Coverage of any TSB repair is determined by eligibility under the provisions of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, which is when I am able to assist. As johnkos posted, I do escalate concerns quickly so they get resolved. (I am glad they were able to correct your issues! )

I hope in time you will see the value of my participation in this community.

~Natasha

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #29
johnkos
Focus Enthusiast

I have an extended warranty so I'll be happy to take it to the dealer. I had one on my 2002 and it paid for itself easily with the many visits I had with trans problems. I'll expect it to be useful for this car too.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:51 AM   #30
Corrine
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87005
What I Drive: 2011 Metallic Grey Ford Focus sel

FF Reputation: 1 Corrine Good Standing Member
Wrenchlight coming on while driving

I have this same thing happen to me and mine is a 2011 Ford Focus. I took it to the ealership and they said there is nothing they can do unless the light is on so i need to leave it running and drive it up there. I explained that it has no power, so i cant drive it. I was told even if you have to push the pedal to the floor and drive 30kms an hour, then thats what you need to do to get it there. Again, NO POWER! NO GAS! NO DRIVING! I was told to get it towed there then if it happened. I asked, "will a tow truck tow it while it is running (since i need to leave it running) and was told, "probably not" by the service manager. Now isnt that helpful. (yes i am being very sarcastic in saying that). The dealership has done nothing to try fix the problem and instead has encouraged me to continue driving it and "hope" that it happens during their business hours. (not likely to happen, because i am at work during their business hours) I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau today and intend to take it as far as i have to to get this resolved. My lawyer would be more than happy to take my money while i bring this issue to light. I am a past and present Ford owner. After the lack of customer care and concern i have received, I will likely never be a future owner.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.