Photographers Thread - Post your work - Page 383 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Photos & Camera Fanatics

Photos & Camera Fanatics Post your photoshop, photography artwork or camera tips and tricks here.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #3821
07XL1200c
road tripper

Fan#: 106908
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Metallic Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 07XL1200c Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)

Posted via FF Mobile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #3822
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Interesting composition. It would be a bit more believable if some of the flares went behind the trees and more magazine/commercial if the bike was better exposed.

But an interesting test.

Ray
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #3823
07XL1200c
road tripper

True I playing around. I may try to do better but not sure how to better expose bike though.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #3824
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XL1200c View Post
True I playing around. I may try to do better but not sure how to better expose bike though.
Posted via FF Mobile
Invest in some lighting and a means to control it.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #3825
07XL1200c
road tripper

that was using my cell phone for the picture and all i have a cheap point and shoot fujifilm digital camera. i tried to lighten the exposure in my editing app but it becomes to grainy then
Old 01-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #3826
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XL1200c View Post
that was using my cell phone for the picture and all i have a cheap point and shoot fujifilm digital camera. i tried to lighten the exposure in my editing app but it becomes to grainy then
You can still use the on board flash to trigger a speed light.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #3827
07XL1200c
road tripper

Speed light? I've tried but it still does show that well.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #3828
Focusology
Country Static

Fan#: 85956
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT

FF Reputation: 6 Focusology Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
Depends on the lighting. If you stay on a specific shutter speed, you'll either need to open up the aperture to lighten up the photo or stop it down to make it darker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
Just as YellowJellyBean stated here, you just control Aperture to control the lighting. If you chimp it for a moment, you should be good once you have taken a few shots and catch it there. The hard part is keeping the focus on a moving object as they are moving at a quick rate and still capturing motion in your shot.

A usually stay around 1/125th - 1/160th of a shutter on my shots and on a sunny day am between 16-22 f-stop. All depending on the time of day and if it's cloudy or not.

Practice focus also when zoomed in. Learn to brace your camera more to hold a better steady position when shooting. Try kneeling and shoot utilizing your knee as a tripod.

On the more consumer cameras, they don't have a continuos focus control. So, learn to push the half way focus button or using your Focus control button (depending on what you have and shooting style or button arrangement).

If you do have a camera with continuos focus control, move your focal point to single point and adjust the point off to the right or left and aim for a car's headlight while keeping composition.

It's alot of info, but hope that all helps.

Ray
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I go out to shoot. All gonna come with practice I guess lol. Definitely gonna need to go out and practice some soon. Especially with low light shooting, like at night and indoors.
Hatch Nation #11

2003 Focus SVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGrown View Post
The cargasm is never over. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCustom View Post
Its quite annoying, its like saying pizza rolls and bagel bites are the same
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #3829
03SCSVT
Got Bewst?

Fan#: 89182
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow JRSC SVT

FF Reputation: 5 03SCSVT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
Sorry, ECU = Extreme Close Ups. Like the one of the gauges you got.

No worries was just wondering if you and Focusology were exchanging info to each other. 400-600 shots ... yeah I can see that if you are in burst mode following a car.

I've learned to lower that number and be a bit more picky with my shots.

I met a great photographer in Los Angeles a couple of months back at a shoot and he was giving a lecture on the photography world today and how (he felt) the digital age of DSLRs is destroying the essence of photography.

How you are probably wondering. Well, his explanation was that with digital photography, people are getting these cameras and just shooting away with out thinking about the content, the reason or the connection you want to portray to the photograph. Kinda like, soul-less shooting. He sticks to film because it makes you think about what you are about to shoot. Not only because you can't view it instantly after everyshot, but also because you have only a limited amount. And film is no longer cheap.

I liked that thought and now aim to better understand what I am taking a photo of and how I can improve a photo with the least amount of post-processing.

Ray
I actually can take 500 shots easy without being on burst mode, I did burst mode one drift and I got like 2500 photos. Close to 10GB worth! The events we go to are a sunrise to sundown with like 25 drifters and a ton of other cars in the lot that are just dropdead gorgeous. But I do understand and really agree with his point of view. The digital camera has to some extent made everything public because there is an unlimited amount of "film" and storage. Plus, I know I do not think nearly as much about the shot as if I had a film. Just the way it is I guess. I am just 19 so I never had a lot of experience in film photography but I still own a couple SLR's that shoot film. I might try them sometime if I can find the correct film for them.

And to better answer your question, Joey (Focusology) and I are pretty good friends, so I guess we do share a lot of the photos with eachother. We took them together but I dont think either one of us shows the other the actual shots till we get them up online. I actually have a full photoshoot somewhere on my old computer of Joey's SVT before it was fully slammed. Hes a good kid.

Thanks for the compliments again about the gauges. I was just slightly outside the drivers side window on my old friends neon taking that, Im sure I looked like a fool but what does it matter lol. It was like 3am in his garage and we had the lights on because we were polishing them and wanted to see the difference between the clean polished on and the hazy one. HUGE difference.
Hatch Nation #12
Old 01-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #3830
03SCSVT
Got Bewst?

Fan#: 89182
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow JRSC SVT

FF Reputation: 5 03SCSVT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusology View Post
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I go out to shoot. All gonna come with practice I guess lol. Definitely gonna need to go out and practice some soon. Especially with low light shooting, like at night and indoors.
Febuary theres the antifreeze event at Concord Motorsports Park. Usually called kiss the walls because EVERYONE hits the walls. Be there or be square. Last time we were at CMP we had like 4 people get towed out. Great photos to be had there!

For everyone else that doesnt live in the Charlotte area, if you want to shoot drift cars, find a local drift or go to Formula D! So much fun!

And Joey, feel free to come down to my hood and lowlight photo sesh with both our SVT's? I say one weekend when the weather is good, I know some nice spots for the downtown in the background. Shady area but is ehh safe around sunset lol
Hatch Nation #12

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->