Photographers Thread - Post your work - Page 311 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Photos & Camera Fanatics

Photos & Camera Fanatics Post your photoshop, photography artwork or camera tips and tricks here.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #3101
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My friends have various hardware from 2012 mark 3s to GSXRs to B8 S4s and I love shooting for them and I would never charge them a single dime for it, that just seems wrong.

Especially in the beginning you don't just start charging till you have a portfolio that can impress random strangers and the work ethic to make it worth someone paying you.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #3102
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JüstCantFocüs View Post
then why you asking silly gurl
Cuz I want to know if its a good price lol

Sent from my GT-S5830D using FF Mobile
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #3103
AdmiralZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72045
What I Drive: '10 Black Titan ret. '03 LG ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 AdmiralZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
She is an actual photographer and does excellent work, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Lol....sorry. This is funny. I'm sure she is an actual photog. But there are a lot, and when I say a lot I mean tons, of people that say they are photographers because the have a DSLR, i see this way to often. There are tons of people who think the are actual photographers, but half of them are legit. Me, ray, lyonsroar, mikealicious, and a few others on here to name a few.

When you can explain to a 'real' photographer why you used the settings you did, the light you used, why you composed it the way you did. Why you didn't use a higher ISO when you should have etc. then maybe you are the real deal. But there are too many people out there that have a DSLR and they think that because they take pretty pictures of their dog, cat, baby, snake, flowers, they are photographers. And it pisses the REAL photogs off, like me.

Doesn't mean I won't help you learn, but if you want to be a real photog, you need to talk the talk and walk the walk. Not just purchase a DSLR and call it good. Learn aperatures, shutter speeds, ISOs, composition, lighting, history of photography, what makes a good image what doesn't. Laws, photojournalism. This stuff is what makes you the Real McCoy.

/rant. SO SORRY, Rhiannon. That wasn't at you. It's just a general overall statement, the pulse of the photog community, if you will. But may not be the sentiment of everyone, again just a generalization. Sorry!
Hatch Nation #107 Ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_HT View Post
I'm from europe, land where having sex with strangers is like having a cup of coffee in the morning ;)
Old 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #3104
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralZX3 View Post
Lol....sorry. This is funny. I'm sure she is an actual photog. But there are a lot, and when I say a lot I mean tons, of people that say they are photographers because the have a DSLR, i see this way to often. There are tons of people who think the are actual photographers, but half of them are legit. Me, ray, lyonsroar, mikealicious, and a few others on here to name a few.

When you can explain to a 'real' photographer why you used the settings you did, the light you used, why you composed it the way you did. Why you didn't use a higher ISO when you should have etc. then maybe you are the real deal. But there are too many people out there that have a DSLR and they think that because they take pretty pictures of their dog, cat, baby, snake, flowers, they are photographers. And it pisses the REAL photogs off, like me.

Doesn't mean I won't help you learn, but if you want to be a real photog, you need to talk the talk and walk the walk. Not just purchase a DSLR and call it good.

/rant. SO SORRY, Rhiannon. That wasn't at you. It's just a general overall statement, the pulse of the photog community, if you will. But may not be the sentiment of everyone, again just a generalization. Sorry!
Doing what you guys do is an investment of time that even I don't commit to, it really is that much effort and that's why I respect the people I do know as photographers even more.

Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #3105
F'nClassy
Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
My friends have various hardware from 2012 mark 3s to GSXRs to B8 S4s and I love shooting for them and I would never charge them a single dime for it, that just seems wrong.

Especially in the beginning you don't just start charging till you have a portfolio that can impress random strangers and the work ethic to make it worth someone paying you.
my friend is not just just getting started, she has a good portfolio, so I can understand

HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #3106
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon666 View Post
my friend is not just just getting started, she has a good portfolio, so I can understand

If she's a friend, she wouldn't charge. Just saying...

My friend does workshops but when it comes to shoots he doesn't charge us. He'll I've offered and he has refused.

Asking your friends to pay is bad business.

Unless your friend has a portfolio that is looked at by international publications and is published themselves and you know, genuine business things. Then I'd reconsider that you're being charged.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #3107
F'nClassy
Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralZX3 View Post

Doesn't mean I won't help you learn, but if you want to be a real photog, you need to talk the talk and walk the walk. Not just purchase a DSLR and call it good. Learn aperatures, shutter speeds, ISOs, composition, lighting, history of photography, what makes a good image what doesn't. Laws, photojournalism. This stuff is what makes you the Real McCoy.

If I didn't know/think/believe that she wasn't a real photographer, I wouldn't get the pics done by her if she asked me to pay. But since she is legit, I'm ok with paying...I've just never had professional photos and was seeing if $50 was a good price....I'm assuming she did at least drop the price for me
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #3108
F'nClassy
Eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
If she's a friend, she wouldn't charge. Just saying...

My friend does workshops but when it comes to shoots he doesn't charge us. He'll I've offered and he has refused.

Asking your friends to pay is bad business.

Unless your friend has a portfolio that is looked at by international publications and is published themselves and you know, genuine business things. Then I'd reconsider that you're being charged.
Maybe I should have been more specific and say she's not a close friend...
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Old 09-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #3109
|Heath_Bar|
Prăk-Tí-Kűhl

Fan#: 99942
What I Drive: 2014 Performance Blue Hatchback

FF Reputation: 20 |Heath_Bar| Great Standing Member
what happened to the photos... :(
Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #3110
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium