Photographers Thread - Post your work - Page 245 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Photos & Camera Fanatics

Photos & Camera Fanatics Post your photoshop, photography artwork or camera tips and tricks here.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #2441
soundFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97713
What I Drive: 2011 Sangria Red SES

FF Reputation: 1 soundFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
hmm. Quality lens until the keys in your pocket decide to wage war with Carl Zeiss.... and he will lose. Terribly.
Oddly, the lens of my iPhone has avoided scratches for over a year. I think I've posted this before but it's taken surprising pictures.

I really like the water droplet ones though...

Quote:
I am thinking about buying an old Film Nikon just to put up for display in my home office.
Some are great. Some are crap. The old Photomic F is an AMAZING camera, but will run $150-200 for a working example. Nikkormat Fs were their "entry" level at the time and are fantastic. They're built like a tank, and full featured, just not modular like an F/F2. A good one of these can be had for $25-40. The FE/FE2 are also well equipped cameras that still have the Nikon look with semi pro features. The FA is a more modern camera, but can be used with any AI-S Nikon lens so long as it's not for FX sensors only. Not built like a tank like their earlier cameras but it does have a titanium shutter.

I would say a Nikkormat would be the best bang for your buck though if you just want a wall hanger but if you ever want to shoot with it you must use a lens that has an indexing tab. The FTN was the top of the line model and the one I just sold was a fantastic camera. If you want to shoot with one from time to time I'd suggest an FA, but check compatibility with your gear first. Some to avoid include the EM's that were kind of cheap entry level models; also skip the FG, and newer plastic bodied FM10, and N series. The Nikkormat E series aren't bad, but are plastic bodied and not the value the FA and Nikkormat FTN are. The newer plastic bodied autofocus models have no collector value and to me are frankly kind of cheap looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #2442
mix1983
Life Is Good

Fan#: 61101
What I Drive: 2000 Honda Civic EX 5spd

FF Reputation: 5 mix1983 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quality phones use Gorilla Glass for the lens cover. Either way, if you put the phone in your pocket with keys, you're doing it to yourself. That's just common sense not to do it.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #2443
Ecoh72
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62507
What I Drive: 2003 Toredor Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 Ecoh72 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)

Here's my water droplet iPhone shot. You can achieve some nice looking images if you focus and hold it steady in the right light. Amazing how far the camera phone has come
SoCal Crew #72
www.facebook.com/ecohphoto
'03 Toredor Red ZX3 (DD)
'67 VW Bug Cal Look
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #2444
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
my phone I posted on the last pages lives with my keys. I agree the lens is strong.

I was making teh funnies.

edit: btw now I have to go make a water droplet photo of something.

edit again: since we are on the topic of water droplets, I came across an older one of mine lol

SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #2445
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Should have used these photos for the month I did the "Get Em Wet" topic. lol

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #2446
mikebontoft
Toxx

damn it. oops.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #2447
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member

IMG_1683_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr
Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #2448
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Nice photo Dietrich.

Is that your ride?

Have you tried building a rig for car photos?

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #2449
lyonsroar

Fan#: 63166
What I Drive: 2009 Volkswagen GTI

FF Reputation: 31 lyonsroar Great Standing Member
Yessir. That's mine. :)

I haven't built a rig. I've thought about it, but having my camera hanging out at the end of a long pole gives me the heebie jeebies.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #2450
mikebontoft
Toxx

You can't be a professional until you've broken some expensive equipment, that rings true for any trade I think (for example.... 3k scan tool? yeah, it done broked :()

Bookmarks & Social Networks