Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off" - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #21
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

Points 1,952, Level 26
Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26 Points: 1,952, Level: 26
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
Yes I understand the Minnesota thing, I grew up in Upstate NY so I've had my share of -20. I solved that by moving . All I wish is that the remote start (when offered) was integrated into the keyfog like GM has been doing for almost a decade (probably the only thing they did right IMHO).
I agree, it would be nice if it was integrated into one fob. I have the same cold weather solution in my plans. I own a home in Sun City, AZ and will be permanently moving there in 6 years.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #22
jeff2009
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85828
What I Drive: 2009 Eclipse

FF Reputation: 1 jeff2009 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
There is a good possibility you could cancel. It renders it useless because you have to turn the car off and then back on, seems silly to me. You also may have to leave a prox key within the car which sounds like a recipe for having your vehicle broken into as the door unlocks when you touch the inside of the door handle if the key is near. There may be a work around but it seems like it would make the cool keyless thing not cool or totally keyless.
Can anyone who has a titanium focus confirm that the keyless entry is always accessible if the remote start is installed?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #23
entity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Here is the PDF that another member sent me. I have yet try it, but I will report back once I do.

Feel free to test it out and let everyone else know how it went. Maybe a how-to? :)

Remote start programming 710620.pdf
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #24
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2009 View Post
Can anyone who has a titanium focus confirm that the keyless entry is always accessible if the remote start is installed?
I have the Titanium with dealer remote start. I have no problems with the keyless functions. However, as I noted in my original post, once in the car after a remote start, I can find no way to avoid an engine stop and restart before departing. I have not received a call back from my dealer who promised to look for a "workaround".

I don't expect this is a major tragedy (since I don't expect to use it that often) but its just lame for it to work this way having bought the top of the line setup. As with every technology company now, things are rushed out before they are thought through . There is no such thing as a thorough beta test phase anymore.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #25
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
There is a good possibility you could cancel. It renders it useless because you have to turn the car off and then back on, seems silly to me. You also may have to leave a prox key within the car which sounds like a recipe for having your vehicle broken into as the door unlocks when you touch the inside of the door handle if the key is near. There may be a work around but it seems like it would make the cool keyless thing not cool or totally keyless.
I remote started without leaving the regular keyfob in the car. Then again, I was only about 25 feet from the car with both fobs. I don't know what the range of the std fob (keyless entry) is vs. the remote start fob.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #26
DemskeetSkeet
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88167
What I Drive: 2012, Black Focus Hatch SEL 302a

FF Reputation: 1 DemskeetSkeet Good Standing Member
Does anyone know where the "programming" button is? I cannot for the like of me find it anywhere in the 2012 Focus Hatch SEL.
Build Date: 08/16/2011
Picked up: 08/25/2011
Old 10-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #27
Magazyne
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90473
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Magazyne Good Standing Member
Exclamation

I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with IA Push Button Start and recently had the remote start installed by the dealer. I found the programming button on the passenger side. I was able to successfully disable the annoying honk when remote starting and also change the setting to remote start on 2 button presses instead of press & hold.

I only have one remaining problem. The "Open Door Shut Off" feature is supposedly in Option Bank 2, however, Option Bank 2 ends at Option #6 (Horn Honk on Start). I can't seem to get to Option #7 to change the "Open Door Shut Off" behavior. Does anyone know why?

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #28
DemskeetSkeet
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magazyne View Post
I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with IA Push Button Start and recently had the remote start installed by the dealer. I found the programming button on the passenger side. I was able to successfully disable the annoying honk when remote starting and also change the setting to remote start on 2 button presses instead of press & hold.

I only have one remaining problem. The "Open Door Shut Off" feature is supposedly in Option Bank 2, however, Option Bank 2 ends at Option #6 (Horn Honk on Start). I can't seem to get to Option #7 to change the "Open Door Shut Off" behavior. Does anyone know why?

Thanks!
Well you've gotten farther than most of us so great work there! Where is the program button at? If I can find mine with your help I could try mine out to see what happens!

Thanks & nice work!
Old 10-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #29
Magazyne
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90473
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Magazyne Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemskeetSkeet View Post
Well you've gotten farther than most of us so great work there! Where is the program button at? If I can find mine with your help I could try mine out to see what happens!

Thanks & nice work!
You'll have to look under the dash and around the floor area in both the driver's and passenger side. It may be tucked behind a panel or the carpet so it's concealed pretty well. Every installer chooses a different location. It looks like just a regular wire with a button on the end. The button is about the size of a pencil eraser :)
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #30
DemskeetSkeet
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magazyne View Post
You'll have to look under the dash and around the floor area in both the driver's and passenger side. It may be tucked behind a panel or the carpet so it's concealed pretty well. Every installer chooses a different location. It looks like just a regular wire with a button on the end. The button is about the size of a pencil eraser :)
Thanks. Mine is run along the top of my windshield and then tucked behind the white piller on the left side of the windshield.

I was curious how far down it is on the wire from the start of the antennae?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.