Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 97 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #961
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhane View Post
I did the bare MFT 301A package. Don't feel the need for rain sensing wipers, etc.
According to KBB, invoice is 21,611 on that. So you should be able to do a bit better. If you don't like haggling, I would suggest going to eaa.org, signing up for $40 and getting a membership. With the membership you can get an x-plan pin. X-Plan should be somewhere in the realm of $21,700 with only $100 in dealer fees (as opposed to the upto $600 dealers can charge)

The dealer should be able to tell you what the x-plan on that vehicle was (it should be on your order confirmation somewhere from what I have heard)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #962
samhane
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88855
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 samhane Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
According to KBB, invoice is 21,611 on that. So you should be able to do a bit better. If you don't like haggling, I would suggest going to eaa.org, signing up for $40 and getting a membership. With the membership you can get an x-plan pin. X-Plan should be somewhere in the realm of $21,700 with only $100 in dealer fees (as opposed to the upto $600 dealers can charge)

The dealer should be able to tell you what the x-plan on that vehicle was (it should be on your order confirmation somewhere from what I have heard)
I don't think I can use all of my rebates with the X plan. I have $750 private cash, $500 Law Enforcement rebate for a total of $1250 and if I go through ford finance I get another $500 off for a total of $1750 off in rebates. Don't know if I'm going through ford yet.
I'm pretty sure I can't use the $500 Law Enforcement rebate with any plan. Have to check on the other rebates.

I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good and fair deal, I know the dealer has to make money too I just don't want to leave alot of money on the table. And this was the best price I found on my area.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #963
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I don't think I can use all of my rebates with the X plan. I have $750 private cash, $500 Law Enforcement rebate for a total of $1250 and if I go through ford finance I get another $500 off for a total of $1750 off in rebates. Don't know if I'm going through ford yet.
I'm pretty sure I can't use the $500 Law Enforcement rebate with any plan. Have to check on the other rebates.

I just wanted to make sure I was getting a good and fair deal, I know the dealer has to make money too I just don't want to leave alot of money on the table. And this was the best price I found on my area.
double check your private cash, from what I read it is $750 on all but the Focus and Fiesta, and $500 on Focus (it is in the fine print possibly). Also, law enforcement MAY not combined with private cash (it depends on the fine print, if law enforcement is considered private, I don't think it will)

The $500 for Ford financing I know is stackable... Also: a suggestion for Ford Financing, do it to get the $500, then on your first bill refinance elsewhere at a better rate (PenFed is 1.99%, so I'm gonna do ford financing for my $500, then refinance :) )
Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #964
samhane
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin732 View Post
double check your private cash, from what I read it is $750 on all but the Focus and Fiesta, and $500 on Focus (it is in the fine print possibly). Also, law enforcement MAY not combined with private cash (it depends on the fine print, if law enforcement is considered private, I don't think it will)

The $500 for Ford financing I know is stackable... Also: a suggestion for Ford Financing, do it to get the $500, then on your first bill refinance elsewhere at a better rate (PenFed is 1.99%, so I'm gonna do ford financing for my $500, then refinance :) )

Nope it's definitely $750 on Focus and he said they'll combine it with the Law Enforcement with no problem along with the $500 from ford finance if I use that. But LE rebate can't do AXZD plans
Old 09-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #965
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
I was wondering if I'm getting a decent deal on a 12 Focus I ordered. Dealer quoted 22,100 before rebates for a Red Candy 5 door SEL with only extra added option being the MyFord Touch. Is there still abit of dealing to be done or am I getting a good deal?
They're quoting X-plan based on $22,100 on that. As long as your D & H fees more than $400 you should be good.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 09-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #966
samhane
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
They're quoting X-plan based on $22,100 on that. As long as your D & H fees more than $400 you should be good.

Thanks.
I'm guessing by D&H fees you mean destination fees? If so then yes the fee is $795. My original quote for a Sterling grey 5 door SEL with the 301A was 21,776 which he said was $100 over dealer invoice. I then changed the color to Red Candy Metallic which added $400 which brought it to 22,176.

Looking at the fees on the sheet I have it's $795 destination, $312 for ADV Assessment, and $46.20 for fuel charge. Are they charging me for filling the car up for me is that normal?
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #967
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Thanks.
I'm guessing by D&H fees you mean destination fees? If so then yes the fee is $795. My original quote for a Sterling grey 5 door SEL with the 301A was 21,776 which he said was $100 over dealer invoice. I then changed the color to Red Candy Metallic which added $400 which brought it to 22,176.

Looking at the fees on the sheet I have it's $795 destination, $312 for ADV Assessment, and $46.20 for fuel charge. Are they charging me for filling the car up for me is that normal?
destination is different than D & H. On the worksheet it will show sales price, then Dealer Handling.
Ira McCrea
Old 09-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #968
samhane
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
destination is different than D & H. On the worksheet it will show sales price, then Dealer Handling.
I dont see it on my sheet that I have. he did a vehicle order confirmation sheet to give me a quote when I test drove a 12 focusthen I ordered it a week later over the phone I guess it's on that paperwork I didn't get a copy of the actual order.

So you're saying don't pay more than $400? Is Dealer Handling when they clean the car and what not?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #969
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
I dont see it on my sheet that I have. he did a vehicle order confirmation sheet to give me a quote when I test drove a 12 focusthen I ordered it a week later over the phone I guess it's on that paperwork I didn't get a copy of the actual order.

So you're saying don't pay more than $400? Is Dealer Handling when they clean the car and what not?
Well it's something customers don't think about, I'm not saying don't pay over $400, if you got a smoking good deal then $499 is okay but just don't be shocked if a $499 or $599 fee shows up when the Focus arrives.
Ira McCrea
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #970
Stryker412
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79767
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Stryker412 Good Standing Member
I'm about to pick up my 2012 Ti this week. I had it built with the 400A plus the Winter package. A friend of mine from college is the salesperson, however I know he still has to earn some money off the commission.

So what current incentives are available? I got the $500 from the catalog already. They're also offering me $6800 on my 2007 Focus for Trade-in (although half of that is going towards the pay-off). What is the line I should draw between good deal and asking too much of him?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->