Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 90 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #891
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitez View Post
Yes, the price checked out against Ford's X-plan website. The site rounds up the number (it was showing 21864 and actual number was 21863 and a few cents). I did not look at actual invoice to see the X-plan price, but it cross-checked with the site so I didn't think it was necessary.

Just curious about your method -- is that actual X-plan or you're avoiding X-plan paperwork by doing it your way.. You still end up wtih same number, obviously... (PS.. apparently the doc fee is not $75 any more..)
We still do X-Plan paperwork and get PIN numbers, just a different way to do it.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #892
Tumdace
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88175
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 Tumdace Good Standing Member
Hey just got the VIN for my car, being built, dealer says mid sept. which is nice because that comes out to around 6-7 weeks.

Where is that website to put the VIN # in to show how far along it is and where its being built and all that jazz?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #893
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
We still do X-Plan paperwork and get PIN numbers, just a different way to do it.
Got a quick question. I am in IRAQ and will be heading home in a few weeks. I ordered up a titanium hatch through the Military excange service for delivery to a dealer in northern Virginia in late october. I am wondering if they will get the vin as quickly as others in this and other threads and if they don't is there anyway I will be able to get it so I can track it through the website?

They gave me a price but my X-plan was cheaper by a little over a grand so they matched it which was a good thing.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #894
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89165
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti & 2005 Saab 92X Aero

Points 1,620, Level 23
Points: 1,620, Level: 23 Points: 1,620, Level: 23 Points: 1,620, Level: 23
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 cacophonous Good Standing Member
imccrea - question for you

I am getting ready to order a new 2012 Focus. I live in a small town in Michigan and the dealer here said 6-8 weeks but could be more to get car. Probably Titanium in Gray with moon roof and winter package and black machined rims.

Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Michigan says they are the third largest dealer in the nation and can get it in 4-5 weeks.

Does that sound right? Does a bigger dealer have more influence over Ford?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #895
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
I am getting ready to order a new 2012 Focus. I live in a small town in Michigan and the dealer here said 6-8 weeks but could be more to get car. Probably Titanium in Gray with moon roof and winter package and black machined rims.

Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Michigan says they are the third largest dealer in the nation and can get it in 4-5 weeks.

Does that sound right? Does a bigger dealer have more influence over Ford?
Most dealers will trade their stock for a car that matches what you are looking for. That is different than doing a factory order, and is probably where the difference is.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #896
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Points 1,620, Level 23
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
Most dealers will trade their stock for a car that matches what you are looking for. That is different than doing a factory order, and is probably where the difference is.
Hi Targon,

Thanks for replying.

I am actually doing a factory order at either dealer. I would rather order from the dealer in my town since that is where I will have it serviced, however if Varstiy can do a factory order in 4-5 weeks I may reconsider.

I don't think there are any already built with the exact options I want but that would be great.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #897
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophonous View Post
Hi Targon,

Thanks for replying.

I am actually doing a factory order at either dealer. I would rather order from the dealer in my town since that is where I will have it serviced, however if Varstiy can do a factory order in 4-5 weeks I may reconsider.

I don't think there are any already built with the exact options I want but that would be great.
No they can't get it ordered quicker, they just have more allocation so they could get one pulled faster but not 4 weeks fast.
Ira McCrea
Old 08-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #898
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJTX View Post
Got a quick question. I am in IRAQ and will be heading home in a few weeks. I ordered up a titanium hatch through the Military excange service for delivery to a dealer in northern Virginia in late october. I am wondering if they will get the vin as quickly as others in this and other threads and if they don't is there anyway I will be able to get it so I can track it through the website?

They gave me a price but my X-plan was cheaper by a little over a grand so they matched it which was a good thing.
It's ordered through a entirely different program so I'm not sure how fast they get the VIN. You can ask them if they have a VIN so they can supply it to you for tracking but I'm not that familiar with the military order service besides they get ordered from non Ford dealers.
Ira McCrea
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #899
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
Quote:
It's ordered through a entirely different program so I'm not sure how fast they get the VIN. You can ask them if they have a VIN so they can supply it to you for tracking but I'm not that familiar with the military order service besides they get ordered from non Ford dealers.
They order direct from the factory. I have a ford order number just not a vin yet. they also have a tracking site so I will just stick with that. thanks tho
Old 08-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #900
cacophonous
Focus Addict

Points 1,620, Level 23
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
No they can't get it ordered quicker, they just have more allocation so they could get one pulled faster but not 4 weeks fast.
So if they have more allocation it could result in getting the car sooner than a smaller dealer? Maybe closer to the 6 weeks instead of 8?

Anything in the pipe for:

Hatch
Sterling Gray Ti
400a
Moon
Winter
Black Machined 17" Rims

Doubt it but thought I would ask.

Oh and thanks for your service on this forum.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.