Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 85 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2011, 07:18 PM   #841
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisTalons View Post
$19,700 being invoice, and I will be getting it for $20,017, that's not bad at all. Now with the private cash coupon from Ford. That is money from Ford and not the dealership, correct? Do you know any way to get the coupon or brochure guaranteed or quicker, because I put in a request for the brochure on Ford's website over 2 weeks ago and have not received an email or anything in the mail. I am hoping to go buy the vehicle on Tuesday or so.
no sure fire way to get it quicker
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #842
AegisTalons
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88162
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus SE 5-Dr Stick

FF Reputation: 1 AegisTalons Good Standing Member
I just got my catalog in today, and not a moment too late because I fly out to California later today. The catalog comes with the private cash coupon. Woot! So that should bring down the price by $500 which makes my Focus SE $19,500. I am happy. Thank you imccrea for all your patience and helping everyone out on the forums. You are providing an invaluable service. You sir, you rock.

Cheers
AegisTalons
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #843
CJCJS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88399
What I Drive: 2006 CR-V

FF Reputation: 1 CJCJS Good Standing Member
$750 voucher

Hello: imccrea

I got a 2011 ranger with a little hail damage for $19,900
minus all rebates including trade-in (-$6750)
Plus taxes, title & fees (+$1924.19)
So I paid $15,074.19.
I know the dealer gets money from ins. claim for the damage, they said they discounted $6146 from invoice (They showed me an Invoice that said something like $24,046 but according to www.car-buying-strategies.com The true dealer cost is $23,313).
My questions:
1. What is the true dealer cost and is this different from the "Invoice" they showed me?
2. Apprx. how much did they get from their ins.?
3.Is this $19,900 as low as they could go?
Thank you!

Ps. I put a down payment on it and signed a contract but have not been able to get back there for over a week (waiting on brochure with voucher). The salesman called today and said that rebates and incentives will be changing effective tomorrow (8/2) and that he was worried I wouldn't qualify for the rebates I already got but my question is, since I signed the contract already can they turn around and take away the rebates I already got??? Thank You.

Last edited by CJCJS; 08-01-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: not clear enough
Old 08-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #844
FCSEL
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88418
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL, 5sp, Lux, Nav

FF Reputation: 1 FCSEL Good Standing Member
Hello imccrea,

I just put in a 1,000 deposit and signed a contract with a dealership. I had not planned on finalizing anything on that day and they told me my the deposit is all refundable.

The ford.ca website shows a destination allowance of $1000 and an employee discount of $2165 with a total discount of $3165.

The dealership gave me a $3610 discount, but they charged a $495 documentation fee and a $385 globali.com registration fee.

1. Is this a good deal, considering I'm paying $50 more than the website price due to the documentation fee (not considering the globali fee)?
2. They mentioned that if for any reason I don't like the car, I can have my deposit back, but is it too late to remove the globali registration? They didn't explain it to me well and it seemed like they just "snuck" it into the paperwork.
3. Would you have any information on the invoice price in Vancouver, Canada for the following: 5-door hatch SEL, 301A (Audio Package), Luxury Package, Navigation, and 64R 17" Alloy Wheels? Is that something I can ask my sales rep for?

Thanks so much in advance.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #845
calsonicgtr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86004
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 calsonicgtr Good Standing Member
Im going to be getting my Focus very soon, and I am trying to see the maximum combonation of incentives I can use. I have a $750 private cash offer, and I am also a recent college grad. My dealer says that I cant combine the three (above 2 plus $500 for financing through Ford) and that the maximum I can do is the $500 college and the $500 financing. Can I not combine the $750 private with the $500 financing, or is my dealer confused?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #846
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCJS View Post
Hello: imccrea

I got a 2011 ranger with a little hail damage for $19,900
minus all rebates including trade-in (-$6750)
Plus taxes, title & fees (+$1924.19)
So I paid $15,074.19.
I know the dealer gets money from ins. claim for the damage, they said they discounted $6146 from invoice (They showed me an Invoice that said something like $24,046 but according to www.car-buying-strategies.com The true dealer cost is $23,313).
My questions:
1. What is the true dealer cost and is this different from the "Invoice" they showed me?
2. Apprx. how much did they get from their ins.?
3.Is this $19,900 as low as they could go?
Thank you!

Ps. I put a down payment on it and signed a contract but have not been able to get back there for over a week (waiting on brochure with voucher). The salesman called today and said that rebates and incentives will be changing effective tomorrow (8/2) and that he was worried I wouldn't qualify for the rebates I already got but my question is, since I signed the contract already can they turn around and take away the rebates I already got??? Thank You.
To be honest I really have no idea how much they get paid on an insurance claim. The holdback on a Ranger is between $600 and $867 so that is their true cost but they probably have pack on a truck of $500 at least.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #847
imccrea
Focus Addict

Hello imccrea,

I just put in a 1,000 deposit and signed a contract with a dealership. I had not planned on finalizing anything on that day and they told me my the deposit is all refundable.

The ford.ca website shows a destination allowance of $1000 and an employee discount of $2165 with a total discount of $3165.

The dealership gave me a $3610 discount, but they charged a $495 documentation fee and a $385 globali.com registration fee.

1. Is this a good deal, considering I'm paying $50 more than the website price due to the documentation fee (not considering the globali fee)?They just discount the vehicle more than the employee price and then add their Doc. fee back in. We do the same thing and the discount should be the same as listed on the invoice. If you're paying $50 more than the website price then they charge $50 doc fee on employee deals.

2. They mentioned that if for any reason I don't like the car, I can have my deposit back, but is it too late to remove the globali registration? They didn't explain it to me well and it seemed like they just "snuck" it into the paperwork.Not sure what a globali registration fee is. Did they explain it to you in detail?
3. Would you have any information on the invoice price in Vancouver, Canada for the following: 5-door hatch SEL, 301A (Audio Package), Luxury Package, Navigation, and 64R 17" Alloy Wheels? Is that something I can ask my sales rep for?
Unfortunately I cannot access invoice in Canada.
Thanks so much in advance.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #848
Benchmark
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84891
What I Drive: 2007 Civic Si

FF Reputation: 1 Benchmark Good Standing Member
Is the $500 rebate for financing through Ford regional? I went to Ford's website and couldn't find it. When does the current one expire and what are the current rates?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #849
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
Is the $500 rebate for financing through Ford regional? I went to Ford's website and couldn't find it. When does the current one expire and what are the current rates?
region specific, I would need a zip code to find out for you
Old 08-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #850
Benchmark
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84891
What I Drive: 2007 Civic Si

FF Reputation: 1 Benchmark Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
region specific, I would need a zip code to find out for you
Actually, it came back on Ford's website. It's $500 (by 10/3/11) and the rates are:
2.9% for 36 months
3.9% for 48 months
4.9% for 60 months
6.9% for 72 months

Can you help me find these two cars?
SE Hatch Auto with 203A, Sport Package & nothing else
Silver or Gray
MSRP: $21,980

SEL Hatchback with 302A & nothing else
Silver or Gray
MSRP: $23,290
Silver or Gray (I'll consider other non-premium colors if there are no silver or gray)

Thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.