Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 58 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #571
katia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86629
What I Drive: 2007 Tahoe LT

FF Reputation: 1 katia Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you so much for your answer to my earlier questions.

One more quick question, because I am ordering, what sort of haggling ability do I have? I have read anywhere from almost no haggling ability to being able to get under invoice just because the dealer knows it won't be sitting on the lot. Or would you recommend just going with the x plan pricing and not even bother?

Also, should I plan on putting down a deposit? Is that the norm?

Thank you again!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #572
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by katia View Post
Thank you so much for your answer to my earlier questions.

One more quick question, because I am ordering, what sort of haggling ability do I have? I have read anywhere from almost no haggling ability to being able to get under invoice just because the dealer knows it won't be sitting on the lot. Or would you recommend just going with the x plan pricing and not even bother?

Also, should I plan on putting down a deposit? Is that the norm?

Thank you again!
X-Plan you cannot negotiate, to get a better deal than X-Plan you would have to negotiate to roughly $300-$500 below invoice to get a better deal. You should probably put $500 down to secure it under your name and most dealers request at least $500-$1,000 down.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #573
redav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86142
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
This has probably been answered, but I don't remember.

For the $750 rebate with the brochure:
- It has an expiration date that is ~60 from when you order the brochure.
- If you custom order a vehicle, it takes ~45-90 days to arrive.

What is the best strategy to use the brochure coupon when custom ordering a vehicle?
- If you get the coupon before ordering the car, it may expire before the car arrives
- If you order the car first, you may not get a coupon in the brochure, or the car could show up before the coupon.

Does the coupon get used when you close on the car or when you order it? Can the dealership "lock in" the coupon discount?

On a different note, I don't recall seeing anywhere HOW to get an x-plan PIN. Where do I go for that? Do I go through my employer? Is the Costco program the same as x-plan?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #574
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
This has probably been answered, but I don't remember.

For the $750 rebate with the brochure:
- It has an expiration date that is ~60 from when you order the brochure.
- If you custom order a vehicle, it takes ~45-90 days to arrive.

What is the best strategy to use the brochure coupon when custom ordering a vehicle?
- If you get the coupon before ordering the car, it may expire before the car arrives
- If you order the car first, you may not get a coupon in the brochure, or the car could show up before the coupon.

Does the coupon get used when you close on the car or when you order it? Can the dealership "lock in" the coupon discount?

On a different note, I don't recall seeing anywhere HOW to get an x-plan PIN. Where do I go for that? Do I go through my employer? Is the Costco program the same as x-plan?
I would recommend ordering a brochure when you order the vehicle. If you don't get it in a week then try again until you do. As soon as the car is marked sold in Ford's system the coupon is used. That is the only way to lock in the discount.

Certain companies qualify for X-Plan including Wal-Mart, Lockheed Martin, 3M, AT & T, Apple, Anheuser- Busch, Continental Airlines, Fed Ex, Hilton Hotels, Kellogg Company, Lowe's, etc.
Check with your HR dept to see if you qualify, Costco is similar but not exactly the same.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #575
redav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86142
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Certain companies qualify for X-Plan including Wal-Mart, Lockheed Martin, 3M, AT & T, Apple, Anheuser- Busch, Continental Airlines, Fed Ex, Hilton Hotels, Kellogg Company, Lowe's, etc.
Check with your HR dept to see if you qualify, Costco is similar but not exactly the same.
Thanks for the info. My HR is pretty much useless. The company is General Electric (GE Oil & Gas, more specfically).

So, it looks like I need to get the "partner code" from my HR dept and then enter it in the Ford Partner website?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #576
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
Thanks for the info. My HR is pretty much useless. The company is General Electric (GE Oil & Gas, more specfically).

So, it looks like I need to get the "partner code" from my HR dept and then enter it in the Ford Partner website?
GE is part of X-Plan, if they are no help your dealer can generate a PIN for you.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #577
keelhaul
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85745
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 keelhaul Good Standing Member
I've been trying to get a brochure or email sent to me for a few weeks now with no luck. I ordered a car from a cousin's dealership, I'm assuming my name is in the system somewhere (though I haven't put down a deposit or anything since they're a couple hours away). Is that why I haven't gotten a discount email or brochure?

I put my wife's info into the Ford website last night, hopefully that'll do it. The car's built and en route. Is there any way I can check if I qualify for the discount?
Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #578
Sleighter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86518
What I Drive: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL w/ NAV.

FF Reputation: 1 Sleighter Good Standing Member
imccrea - Thanks again for this fantastic thread and all of the information. I drive 30k+ miles a year and am concerned about the longevity of some of the electrical components like MFT.

Would you recommend an ESP or extended warranty?
Is it best to purchase one when I purchase the vehicle, or wait until the bumper-bumper is close to expiring?
Also is there x-plan pricing for ESP as well as the vehicle purchase?
Old 06-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #579
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
imccrea - Thanks again for this fantastic thread and all of the information. I drive 30k+ miles a year and am concerned about the longevity of some of the electrical components like MFT.

Would you recommend an ESP or extended warranty?
Is it best to purchase one when I purchase the vehicle, or wait until the bumper-bumper is close to expiring?
Also is there x-plan pricing for ESP as well as the vehicle purchase?
No X-Plan pricing but if you google ESP warranty you can get some good pricing. Pricing goes up the more mileage is on the vehicle so if you intend to keep it a long time then get it right away.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #580
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keelhaul View Post
I've been trying to get a brochure or email sent to me for a few weeks now with no luck. I ordered a car from a cousin's dealership, I'm assuming my name is in the system somewhere (though I haven't put down a deposit or anything since they're a couple hours away). Is that why I haven't gotten a discount email or brochure?

I put my wife's info into the Ford website last night, hopefully that'll do it. The car's built and en route. Is there any way I can check if I qualify for the discount?
Just need your last name and your zip code and I can check.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.