Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 57 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #561
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katia View Post
So I have tried calling Ford about incentives and rebates for me, but couldn't get a hold of them.

I am on the x plan. I am looking to order a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback, white platinum tricoat, charcoal black leather, handling package and exterior protection package. Depending on what rebates I can grab, I might add a few other things.

I am trying to figure out what incentives and rebates I am applicable for and which I can combine. I am a student and a first time car buyer.

I have heard about Bonus Cash Ford 2012 A/X/Z/D - Plan Customer Cash #90544, Bonus Cash Ford 2012 College Student Purchase Program #33468 - National, Bonus Cash Ford 2012 First Time Buyer Program #33572 - National, Bonus Cash Ford 2012 Technology Instant Rebate #33358 - National. I also read in these forums the mention of ordering the brochure (which I did last night) to try and get $750 but I also read that if you are on the x plan you get a $750 automatically? Not sure on that.

On top of the aforementioned, I saw this in another forum: "Incentive protection is a relatively new program through Ford that many dealers have not explored. Tell them to go to fmc dealer, online enrollment, incentive protection."

Is this for real? And if it is, then does it effectively lock in my rebates when I order the car and upon its arrival give me the opportunity to take either better offers that are available then or keep my rebates I locked in when ordered but not lose rebates.

I am just confused and want to make sure I don't kick myself later on. I am 24 and a female and going to talk to dealers has not gone well for me. E-mail has worked best just because otherwise I am not taken seriously.

Thanks for your help!
First off don't kick yourself for being female, some of the best negotiators I've dealt with are women.

Now onto your questions. If you are X-Plan you cannot combine college student/military/first time buyer with the X-Plan partnership unfortunately. All the programs you listed you have to be coming out of a Ford lease (90544) or some other qualifier.

However the brochure discount can be combined with X-Plan. Incentive protection is if you order the vehicle and there is a $500 rebate and the vehicle arrives and there is $0 you get the $500. Ford cannot guarantee interest rates however, so like on our F series with 0% you cannot order a truck and guarantee that rate. Sounds like you should be able to get the $500 plus $750 assuming you get a brochure. Then e-mail your local Ford dealer you prefer and have them build your vehicle for X-Plan and price it out for you. They cannot charge more than $100 for documentation fee so if they try to lap you with a $500 fee walk away.

Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #562
KrisB
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86362
What I Drive: 2012 yellow blaze focus

FF Reputation: 1 KrisB Good Standing Member
I read somewhere on here, don't remember where, someone said the $750 brochure rebate ended on June 6th. Is that true? I ordered a brochure prior to that day, but haven't rcvd it yet. If it did end, am I able to use it still since I ordered one in time?

Sent from my ADR6300 using FF Mobile
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #563
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisB View Post
I read somewhere on here, don't remember where, someone said the $750 brochure rebate ended on June 6th. Is that true? I ordered a brochure prior to that day, but haven't rcvd it yet. If it did end, am I able to use it still since I ordered one in time?

It varies for each person, your expiration date will say on your mailer.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #564
safetyguy14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86232
What I Drive: '12 Grey Metallic Focus Hb Ti

FF Reputation: 1 safetyguy14 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisB View Post

I can't speak to the June 6 date, but I applied for the brochure last Friday and got the rebate email on Monday.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #565
Dolphsky25
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86097
What I Drive: None yet

FF Reputation: 1 Dolphsky25 Good Standing Member
Vin# and delivery date

On Sunday June 5 ordered my ford focus hatchback white metallic titanium fully equipped. Can you tell me by when I should get a vin # and how long it takes to be made and get to me in Brooklyn new York .
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #566
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphsky25 View Post
On Sunday June 5 ordered my ford focus hatchback white metallic titanium fully equipped. Can you tell me by when I should get a vin # and how long it takes to be made and get to me in Brooklyn new York .
Depends on when it gets pulled from Ford. Your sales guy should be able to update you on Thursdays. If they have allocation it will get scheduled for a week, as soon as it does your VIN gets generated.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #567
Dolphsky25
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86097
What I Drive: None yet

FF Reputation: 1 Dolphsky25 Good Standing Member
Allocation

What does it mean if a dealer has allocation?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #568
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphsky25 View Post
What does it mean if a dealer has allocation?
If you order a car and the dealership does not have the ability to order that vehicle it gets pushed back into July. If they have 2 for June they can order you 1 and order one for the lot inventory.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #569
NC12Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86336
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 NC12Focus Good Standing Member
Just got this email response from my ford salesman when asking him if my car had gotten a VIN# yet. Can you translate it for me? Is 6/20 the build date? Are any of these numbers the Vin?

The unit is serialized with a projected production date of 6/20. As soon as I get an ETA I will let you know. Thanks!

R015 X 22 4-DR S UJ NW 201A Z 06/20 SCHEDULED TBD 1FAHP3F22CL187694
Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #570
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC12Focus View Post
Just got this email response from my ford salesman when asking him if my car had gotten a VIN# yet. Can you translate it for me? Is 6/20 the build date? Are any of these numbers the Vin?

The unit is serialized with a projected production date of 6/20. As soon as I get an ETA I will let you know. Thanks!

R015 X 22 4-DR S UJ NW 201A Z 06/20 SCHEDULED TBD 1FAHP3F22CL187694
Bold is your VIN, you have the same production week of Jeff here. It should build right alongside and will ship out the same. Expect 10-17 days from this date for delivery.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.