Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #551
Stereodude
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85623
What I Drive: 02 Maxima SE

FF Reputation: 2 Stereodude Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
I have a dealer in my region that ordered the exact car I want and is willing to offer me 200 over invoice but swears I'll be better off with x-plan pricing. In your opinion which will net me a better deal in the end?
Can't you get them to give you a bottom line out the door figure each way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #552
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath128 View Post
I was wanting to find a 400a base Hatchback. Originally I was looking at the Red Candy Metallic but I've never seen an unoptioned in that color and I know attempting to order one would be a pain so my fall back was Sterling Gray Metallic.

The whole situation is a bit iffy to me since me and my girlfriend both want to be co-signors on the vehicle, use my vehicle for trade-in and her grandfather is the one giving access to the Z-Plan. When I asked the local dealer if that was even possible he rapidly became uninterested.

I'm a vet and she is a student if either of those are applicable as well.

Also, wow that was a fast reply.
Well if it's her grandfather she needs to have Z plan put in her name. I'm not sure if you aren't married if you can be on it. I'd have to consult Plan pricing rules. Your deal is something we would do everyday, but some dealers are reluctant.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #553
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I'm a happy Honda owner that is really impressed with Ford's recent offerings and especially the Focus. It is years ahead of its class competitors. I'm excited to be a future ford owner now.

With that said, I'm looking to buy a '12 Focus SEL sedan in Sterling gray with charcoal leather, 303A, Nav, winter package, without any additional options. I just receive an X-plan pin through EAA and am trying to decide which option to go to for pricing.

Imccrea: thanks for your support in this thread and all of your knowledge. I have a dealer in my region that ordered the exact car I want and is willing to offer me 200 over invoice but swears I'll be better off with x-plan pricing. In your opinion which will net me a better deal in the end?

I've also ordered 2 separate ford brochures but haven't received them and I'm really hoping they have the 750 coupon in them.

Last question: the dealer is telling me that the car they ordered that I want doesn't have an eta and only shows as "in production." it has a VIN already assigned and shows up on their online dealer inventory, is there any way to find out what it's ETA is at this point because I'm looking to buy or order sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all of your help.
$200 over invoice is worse than X-Plan. However if you are a student then you cannot get X-Plan and student discount so you would be better off. However if you're taking advantage of the $500 FMC plus $750 rebate then X plan is the way to go. Their dealer order guy can tell you an ETA in case your brochure runs out before it shows up.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 AM   #554
automated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86028
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 automated Good Standing Member
Still trying to get the dealer to honor the $100 cap on the doc fees , he has just straight-up balked and said that since plan participation is optional, I can either pay the $409 fee or walk away. I spoke with Ford and 2 people confirmed that he had to honor the cap, while two others said that they can charge whatever they want, since NC is a state that doesn't cap doc fees.

Edit: Ok got my situation straight, had the local dealer trade the vehicle with the dealer in NC (neither the vehicle I'm getting nor the one they're trading for it have actually hit the lot). They said we could qualify for Z plan instead of D, so getting the vehicle for $20,839, plus $100 in Doc Fees and $320 for transit. All in all I'm pretty happy, or I will be when it arrives. SEL 301A, 4 door, Grey, Moonroof. The only other things I would have liked were the spoiler, active shutters, and power seats, but it was either setup down to SE and lose the MFT/other SEL options, or pay more to step up to a Titanium. And finding a Titanium with only a moonroof was really difficult. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by automated; 06-08-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #555
Sleighter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86518
What I Drive: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL w/ NAV.

FF Reputation: 1 Sleighter Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Can't you get them to give you a bottom line out the door figure each way?
I've tried with 4 different dealers in my area to get bottom line numbers, and they are all reluctant to give out numbers until I'm ready to ink a deal. They don't want to be pulled into a bidding war with each other.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #556
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
I've tried with 4 different dealers in my area to get bottom line numbers, and they are all reluctant to give out numbers until I'm ready to ink a deal. They don't want to be pulled into a bidding war with each other.
Well you need to tell them you will sign up today if they get the right price. That is what dealers want to hear. Especially since you have a $750 you don't want that to expire if there is a vehicle available and you don't have to order you know?

Also X-Plan on the vehicle at Santa Margarita is $24,626.64
Old 06-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #557
Sleighter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86518
What I Drive: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL w/ NAV.

FF Reputation: 1 Sleighter Good Standing Member
I would purchase same day if I had the 750 in hand. I ordered the brochures but havent received them yet. Once I get the 750 I'd be willing to sign.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #558
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
I would purchase same day if I had the 750 in hand. I ordered the brochures but havent received them yet. Once I get the 750 I'd be willing to sign.
You don't need it in hand they can look it up and if it's in the system you get it.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #559
Kadath128
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86569
What I Drive: 2002 VW Passat

FF Reputation: 1 Kadath128 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Well if it's her grandfather she needs to have Z plan put in her name. I'm not sure if you aren't married if you can be on it. I'd have to consult Plan pricing rules. Your deal is something we would do everyday, but some dealers are reluctant.
Yeah I've been really surprised at how massively uninterested every dealer in the NW has been so far. Its rather irritating to repeat myself to three or four salesmen to be told "I don't know if we can do that. Ill have to get back to you" then never have calls and emails returned. wouldn't be so bad if I could at least get them tolet me know what they can accommodate as opposed to just being stone-walled.

Its starting to make me just want to purchase another car even if we'd lose the excellent Z plan pricing.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #560
katia
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86629
What I Drive: 2007 Tahoe LT

FF Reputation: 1 katia Good Standing Member
So I have tried calling Ford about incentives and rebates for me, but couldn't get a hold of them.

I am on the x plan. I am looking to order a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback, white platinum tricoat, charcoal black leather, handling package and exterior protection package. Depending on what rebates I can grab, I might add a few other things.

I am trying to figure out what incentives and rebates I am applicable for and which I can combine. I am a student and a first time car buyer.

I have heard about Bonus Cash Ford 2012 A/X/Z/D - Plan Customer Cash #90544, Bonus Cash Ford 2012 College Student Purchase Program #33468 - National, Bonus Cash Ford 2012 First Time Buyer Program #33572 - National, Bonus Cash Ford 2012 Technology Instant Rebate #33358 - National. I also read in these forums the mention of ordering the brochure (which I did last night) to try and get $750 but I also read that if you are on the x plan you get a $750 automatically? Not sure on that.

On top of the aforementioned, I saw this in another forum: "Incentive protection is a relatively new program through Ford that many dealers have not explored. Tell them to go to fmc dealer, online enrollment, incentive protection."

Is this for real? And if it is, then does it effectively lock in my rebates when I order the car and upon its arrival give me the opportunity to take either better offers that are available then or keep my rebates I locked in when ordered but not lose rebates.

I am just confused and want to make sure I don't kick myself later on. I am 24 and a female and going to talk to dealers has not gone well for me. E-mail has worked best just because otherwise I am not taken seriously.

Thanks for your help!

Bookmarks & Social Networks