Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 55 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #541
TerryVA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86339
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus, Sedan TI

FF Reputation: 1 TerryVA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well the dealer said they could not apply it. That we already agreed on price. So not sure if I have any recourse or not. I put down $500 on my order which was placed yesterday. I did get a $24,6k price for Black titanium hatchback, winter package, artic white interior, machine/painted rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #542
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
I put $500 down on mine, and found out after I ordered it that I could get xplan, and they said yea no problem because no contract has been signed as to the price.

Unless you signed a contract (not the order confirming what you picked) then you should be able to get the xplan.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #543
TerryVA
Focus Enthusiast

Is there a way to tell what the xplan would cost compared to what I agreed too? I think I got a good deal but do not know the xplan details.

Also, they said that they already discounted it and they are not making any money on the car. *cough BS.

Should I call Ford customer service to verify the plan can be used? From my previous post of what I paid, do you think it would be lower?

Thanks,
Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #544
uberjeff
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85949
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 uberjeff Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryVA View Post
Is there a way to tell what the xplan would cost compared to what I agreed too? I think I got a good deal but do not know the xplan details.
I'll try and check it for you. Were there any other options like the 401A Titanium premium package, nav, or moonroof?

It seems like you got a good deal. I built it out with 401A (required for White Leather package), Winter Package, White Trim Package, and 17" Painted Alloy Wheels and I came up with $24,626. Where x-plan might save you some cash would be on the dealer doc fees. They are capped at $100 with x-plan. My dealer normally charges $499, but I've heard of others in the $800 region. If they aren't hosing you with an extreme doc fee I'd say you did very well.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM   #545
TerryVA
Focus Enthusiast

Hatchback
black titanium with 401A package
Artic White interior
Winter package
17in machine/painted wheels

No nav or moonroof, no other options.

thanks,
Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #546
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryVA View Post

Also, they said that they already discounted it and they are not making any money on the car. *cough BS.

Should I call Ford customer service to verify the plan can be used? From my previous post of what I paid, do you think it would be lower?

Thanks,
I do believe X-Plan buyers can replicate an X plan price. As others said unless your dealer has a high Documentation fee then you might have pretty much the same deal. The benefit for X plan is the dealer is reimbursed for selling near invoice from Ford.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #547
Kadath128
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86569
What I Drive: 2002 VW Passat

FF Reputation: 1 Kadath128 Good Standing Member
I've been looking for a base Titanium in my area for a while and not only can I not find one but dealers have been reluctant to order one as well. Even looking out 200 miles from 98604 I've been unable to find what I am looking for.

I'm purchasing using the Z plan and am worried about dealers trying to add extra fee's to catch my on my first time buying a new car. I know the Z-Plan price is on the invoice and I am supposed to be shown it as well, but what are the limits as far as additional fees?

Essentially, what final price should I be looking at for a base titanium? What are the fee limits?

I read most of the thread and didnt see many questions concerning Z plan, just X.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #548
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath128 View Post
I've been looking for a base Titanium in my area for a while and not only can I not find one but dealers have been reluctant to order one as well. Even looking out 200 miles from 98604 I've been unable to find what I am looking for.

I'm purchasing using the Z plan and am worried about dealers trying to add extra fee's to catch my on my first time buying a new car. I know the Z-Plan price is on the invoice and I am supposed to be shown it as well, but what are the limits as far as additional fees?

Essentially, what final price should I be looking at for a base titanium? What are the fee limits?

I read most of the thread and didnt see many questions concerning Z plan, just X.
Z Plan is the same as X Plan with regard to the rules on Documentation fees. Max of $100 per Z plan. Are you looking 400a or 401A base?

Let me know what you are looking for on the base titanium (also sedan v hatch) and I'd be happy to price a Z plan for you. If dealers are not willing to order this I would look elsewhere or I can drop ship one to you.

As long as you aren't looking for odd colors you should be able to get one ordered.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #549
Kadath128
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86569
What I Drive: 2002 VW Passat

FF Reputation: 1 Kadath128 Good Standing Member
I was wanting to find a 400a base Hatchback. Originally I was looking at the Red Candy Metallic but I've never seen an unoptioned in that color and I know attempting to order one would be a pain so my fall back was Sterling Gray Metallic.

The whole situation is a bit iffy to me since me and my girlfriend both want to be co-signors on the vehicle, use my vehicle for trade-in and her grandfather is the one giving access to the Z-Plan. When I asked the local dealer if that was even possible he rapidly became uninterested.

I'm a vet and she is a student if either of those are applicable as well.

Also, wow that was a fast reply.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #550
Sleighter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86518
What I Drive: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL w/ NAV.

FF Reputation: 1 Sleighter Good Standing Member
Hi everyone,
I'm a happy Honda owner that is really impressed with Ford's recent offerings and especially the Focus. It is years ahead of its class competitors. I'm excited to be a future ford owner now.

With that said, I'm looking to buy a '12 Focus SEL sedan in Sterling gray with charcoal leather, 303A, Nav, winter package, without any additional options. I just receive an X-plan pin through EAA and am trying to decide which option to go to for pricing.

Imccrea: thanks for your support in this thread and all of your knowledge. I have a dealer in my region that ordered the exact car I want and is willing to offer me 200 over invoice but swears I'll be better off with x-plan pricing. In your opinion which will net me a better deal in the end?

I've also ordered 2 separate ford brochures but haven't received them and I'm really hoping they have the 750 coupon in them.

Last question: the dealer is telling me that the car they ordered that I want doesn't have an eta and only shows as "in production." it has a VIN already assigned and shows up on their online dealer inventory, is there any way to find out what it's ETA is at this point because I'm looking to buy or order sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all of your help.

Bookmarks & Social Networks