Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 51 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #501
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timinac View Post
Well, so much for our cars being on the same train to Oklahoma City.

In Transit Received - 143q21 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 6P, Kansas City Mc, MO May-31-2011

ETA Jun-04-2011
Did you get that update from blue oval?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #502
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleGnome View Post
I just found out from the blue oval forums that my car is unscheduled-clean. So the wait continues...
I think I would be really pissed at this point. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to read about people ordering after you and getting their cars already. Have you tried to find the car regionally, the dealer may be able to get one from as far away as a couple hundred miles? Though, I'm not sure I would stay with such a clueless salesman, I wouldn't trust his advice or expertise anymore.

Laguna Seca Pedals
Old 06-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #503
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleGnome View Post
Would anyone be able to tell me a vin# if I give them a dealer # and order # since my dealer cannot/will not give me the vin? Dealer told me it could be another 6 weeks and it's already been 5. After numerous requests I feel there is somthing they are not telling me.
If you have not put any money down on that car, I would go to another dealer and place an order.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #504
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
If you have not put any money down on that car, I would go to another dealer and place an order.

I agree, 5 weeks, you should have a VIN.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #505
timinac
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84542
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3 Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 timinac Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuivan View Post
Did you get that update from blue oval?
Yup.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #506
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
I would take your business elsewhere. Jeff came in last night and ordered a Titanium sedan through me and I have a VIN not even 12 hours later for him. 5 weeks is totally unacceptable unless it is a Kona Blue or Red Candy.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #507
demaille
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85108
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Grey Wagon ZXW SES

FF Reputation: 1 demaille Good Standing Member
Thank you, imccrea, for this thread. Very helpful. I have a question about using a credit card when purchasing a car. I've always bought cars for cash but for my last Ford purchase in '06 I thought I'd use a credit card since it was linked up to airline frequent flyer miles. I planned to pay the credit card bill in total when it came in to avoid interest and even called my credit card company to clear the purchase in advance so I'd have no problem at the dealership. My credit is excellent and my card limit was more than enough to cover the cost. The dealer however--who accepts credit card payments--refused to allow more than 5K of the price to be put on a card. The total would have been 18K and change (hence over 18,000 frequent flyer miles if I'd been able to do it that way). Is this standard practice or was my dealer being a hard ass? I'm planning on a purchase of a 2012 so I'd like to know what my options are.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #508
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by demaille View Post
Thank you, imccrea, for this thread. Very helpful. I have a question about using a credit card when purchasing a car. I've always bought cars for cash but for my last Ford purchase in '06 I thought I'd use a credit card since it was linked up to airline frequent flyer miles. I planned to pay the credit card bill in total when it came in to avoid interest and even called my credit card company to clear the purchase in advance so I'd have no problem at the dealership. My credit is excellent and my card limit was more than enough to cover the cost. The dealer however--who accepts credit card payments--refused to allow more than 5K of the price to be put on a card. The total would have been 18K and change (hence over 18,000 frequent flyer miles if I'd been able to do it that way). Is this standard practice or was my dealer being a hard ass? I'm planning on a purchase of a 2012 so I'd like to know what my options are.
Standard practice, we pay transaction fees so we cap at $3,000, last dealership I worked for was $2,500. If I remember it is about a 3% fee so they would pay $540 to run it on the card.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #509
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by demaille View Post
The dealer has to pay the merchant rate back to the card issuer to the tune of somewhere between 1.5%-3.0%. It's completely normal for dealer to put a limit as to how much they will take. With their profits narrowing lately on the type of deals everyone hear is demanding, that's heavily cutting into what they make.

Though I bet if you offer to pay an extra 2%-3%, they'll make an exception for you.

Laguna Seca Pedals
Old 06-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #510
uberjeff
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85949
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 uberjeff Good Standing Member
Nice! Thanks Ira! I'm shocked it is moving along so quickly. At this rate I might be driving it by the end of the month. Big kudos to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
I would take your business elsewhere. Jeff came in last night and ordered a Titanium sedan through me and I have a VIN not even 12 hours later for him. 5 weeks is totally unacceptable unless it is a Kona Blue or Red Candy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks