Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 45 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #441
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongie View Post
He claims for qualified clients he can waive the acquisition fee... Sounds strange?
Very, more like wave security deposit. To be honest some Ford sales guys aren't very familiar with leases as Ford didn't have them for a few years. I worked Mazda for 18 months which leases like crazy and they've never waved a acquisition fee ever.
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #442
redav
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86142
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2002, Yellow Mazda

Posts: 210
FF Reputation: 1 redav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just found this forum a few days ago, & I want to thank everyone who's contributed. It's very informative.

I am car shopping, and the Focus is high on my list. I expect to buy in a few months. I've read through most of this thread, but there are some things that I just don't get. (I understand that since my expected buy-date is so far away, there's no telling what incentives or inventory will be available, so I won't ask specifics about those things.)

I am not familiar with all the names & types of incentives that posters have mentioned: private cash, x-plan, z-plan, financing rebates, FMC, brochure coupon, etc. Maybe it has already been answered, but exactly what are these rebates, how are they different, how do they work, and are they typical? (I believe I qualify for x-plan because I work for GE. How would I get a PIN? I am also a member at Sam's & Costco.) Does Ford have a buyer loyalty program (a discount for existing Ford owners)?

If I buy a Focus, I'd get a hatch in either an SEL or Ti. I'd be completely satisfied with the SEL+301A, but it isn't available in yellow. I really like the race red, too, but I am identified by a "little yellow car." All my friends would be utterly lost if I ever changed.

So if I opt for the yellow, it bumps me up to the Ti+400A, and then I'd throw in the Y-spoked wheels, too. (I'd rather have 16" wheels, but the Ti doesn't have them. The Y-spoked ones look much better than the std Ti ones, so I'm sure I could sell/swap them for some 16s. Does the Ti use the same brakes as the SEL? Would there be any issue swapping out the wheels?) I'm debating whether it's worth the extra cost to move up trim levels--I know the Ti has keyless ignition, and I think it has sport seats while the SEL doesn't. How else are they different? I'd also consider the electric Focus if Ford would ever release some real info on it.

There are few SEL & Ti models around here (Houston, 77070), and virtually no yellow ones. It seems like all the higher-end Foci are loaded with extras (nav, leather, moonroof) that I don't want. Is this trend likely to continue? Is it likely that I'd find what I'm looking for on the lot, or would it definitely be custom? Has the yellow blaze or race red been affected by paint shortages?

Thanks again.
redav is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #443
Rodthagodx
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86161
Location: Warwick, RI
What I Drive: Toyota Camry 98

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 Rodthagodx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Fiesta 2011

This is by far the best thread I've seen for Ford cars and I really appreciate the time you have been putting in here. That said here's my situation. I'm planning on purchasing a new Ford Fiesta 2011. I chose the car I wanted, went to the dealership and then of course stumbled across all the rebates while wandering the lot on my phone. I put a deposit down but held off on finalizing the purchase in hopes of receiving a $750 rebate. Two days ago i ordered a Fiesta brochure hoping to get a $750 voucher quickly and I'm still waiting and haven't received any emails like others said they have (granted this is a short amount of time I've heard of people receiving them in two days.) This should stack with the $500 rebate included in my purchase already but it's almost June and I haven't receive anything from Ford. Any ideas on what the June incentives will be? I would hate to not receive a voucher and lose on the $500 rebate just because i'm waiting (not to mention the car). I know they can be location based my zipcode is 02886. In addition, is there any other rebate I should try to use as well (ie joining sam's club or costco just to get the additional rebate something not too crazy but manageble). Thank you for your time and have a good day!
Rodthagodx is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #444
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85804
Location: Cumming, GA
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

Posts: 243
FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
I am not familiar with all the names & types of incentives that posters have mentioned: private cash, x-plan, z-plan, financing rebates, FMC, brochure coupon, etc.
I can only speak to the privacy cash. When you go online and request Ford mail you a brochure, most folks get a $750 privacy cash offer in their brochure. This offer is only good for 60 days so you need to time it right.
lrbr30022 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #445
cpogordon
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85208
Location: Pensacola, FL
What I Drive: 2009 VW Tiguan

Posts: 72
FF Reputation: 1 cpogordon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
I can only speak to the privacy cash. When you go online and request Ford mail you a brochure, most folks get a $750 privacy cash offer in their brochure. This offer is only good for 60 days so you need to time it right.
And that is 60 days from the date you requested it, not 60 days from when you get it.
cpogordon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #446
kolhaun
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Fan#: 55108
Location: Georgia, Caucasian region
What I Drive: 2002, blue, ford focus ZTS

Posts: 4
FF Reputation: 1 kolhaun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi,
I have Focus 2002 ZTS 2.0. English is not my mother language and I struggle a bit with technical terminology. I want to replace cooling system hoses (all) but do not know how they are called in English. Could you help and send me a list / name of all hoses so I could search them on the amazon. Thanks in advance
kolhaun is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #447
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Most dealers will order loaded up SEL and Titanium as the majority of customers will want this. I would recommend ordering one to get everything you want.
We also won't order many Yellow Blaze as it is a tough sell color.

X-Plan is def. the way to go for pricing, no negotiation needed and just sign paperwork when it shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
I just found this forum a few days ago, & I want to thank everyone who's contributed. It's very informative.

I am car shopping, and the Focus is high on my list. I expect to buy in a few months. I've read through most of this thread, but there are some things that I just don't get. (I understand that since my expected buy-date is so far away, there's no telling what incentives or inventory will be available, so I won't ask specifics about those things.)

I am not familiar with all the names & types of incentives that posters have mentioned: private cash, x-plan, z-plan, financing rebates, FMC, brochure coupon, etc. Maybe it has already been answered, but exactly what are these rebates, how are they different, how do they work, and are they typical? (I believe I qualify for x-plan because I work for GE. How would I get a PIN? I am also a member at Sam's & Costco.) Does Ford have a buyer loyalty program (a discount for existing Ford owners)?

If I buy a Focus, I'd get a hatch in either an SEL or Ti. I'd be completely satisfied with the SEL+301A, but it isn't available in yellow. I really like the race red, too, but I am identified by a "little yellow car." All my friends would be utterly lost if I ever changed.

So if I opt for the yellow, it bumps me up to the Ti+400A, and then I'd throw in the Y-spoked wheels, too. (I'd rather have 16" wheels, but the Ti doesn't have them. The Y-spoked ones look much better than the std Ti ones, so I'm sure I could sell/swap them for some 16s. Does the Ti use the same brakes as the SEL? Would there be any issue swapping out the wheels?) I'm debating whether it's worth the extra cost to move up trim levels--I know the Ti has keyless ignition, and I think it has sport seats while the SEL doesn't. How else are they different? I'd also consider the electric Focus if Ford would ever release some real info on it.

There are few SEL & Ti models around here (Houston, 77070), and virtually no yellow ones. It seems like all the higher-end Foci are loaded with extras (nav, leather, moonroof) that I don't want. Is this trend likely to continue? Is it likely that I'd find what I'm looking for on the lot, or would it definitely be custom? Has the yellow blaze or race red been affected by paint shortages?

Thanks again.
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #448
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Don't know if you will receive a mail-in rebate that quick, usually it's a few weeks or at least 10 days.
No word on June incentives but I know our region is running out of Fiesta's quickly. We are down to 2 on the lot and there are no S sedans left in the state in automatic. I would imagine the $500 carrying over to June but cannot promise.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodthagodx View Post
This is by far the best thread I've seen for Ford cars and I really appreciate the time you have been putting in here. That said here's my situation. I'm planning on purchasing a new Ford Fiesta 2011. I chose the car I wanted, went to the dealership and then of course stumbled across all the rebates while wandering the lot on my phone. I put a deposit down but held off on finalizing the purchase in hopes of receiving a $750 rebate. Two days ago i ordered a Fiesta brochure hoping to get a $750 voucher quickly and I'm still waiting and haven't received any emails like others said they have (granted this is a short amount of time I've heard of people receiving them in two days.) This should stack with the $500 rebate included in my purchase already but it's almost June and I haven't receive anything from Ford. Any ideas on what the June incentives will be? I would hate to not receive a voucher and lose on the $500 rebate just because i'm waiting (not to mention the car). I know they can be location based my zipcode is 02886. In addition, is there any other rebate I should try to use as well (ie joining sam's club or costco just to get the additional rebate something not too crazy but manageble). Thank you for your time and have a good day!
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #449
GhiaFan
Focus Addict
 
GhiaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50498
Location: Tallinn Estonia
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posts: 1,427
FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redav View Post
I'd also consider the electric Focus if Ford would ever release some real info on it
Thanks again.
Focus Electric is due late 2011 (end of November -December)
No pricing announced yet and no info when Ford will open the order banks.
I notice in your location is Houston which is one of the cities Ford has designated to offer the Focus BEV (electric)

Here is a preliminary spec sheet though
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...Elec_Specs.pdf

and also link to Ford Electric mini-site http://media.ford.com/mini/2011ces/a...x.html?lang=EN
and
http://www.ford.com/electric/focusel...7m3n0p20110126


hmm maybe another HID source for those new Focus owners wanting to get HID :-)
GhiaFan is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #450
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't see the Electric being a bargin at many dealers. I'm thinking it will hold a premium like a Boss 302 unfortunately making it a bad purchase.

Just my .02.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Focus Electric is due late 2011 (end of November -December)
No pricing announced yet and no info when Ford will open the order banks.

Here is a preliminary spec sheet though
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2...Elec_Specs.pdf

and also link to Ford Electric mini-site http://media.ford.com/mini/2011ces/a...x.html?lang=EN
and
http://www.ford.com/electric/focusel...7m3n0p20110126

imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.