Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 44 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #431
Saleen S7 TT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86148
What I Drive: 2005 IBM Pontiac GTO

FF Reputation: 1 Saleen S7 TT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So I'm looking at a fully loaded Focus Titanium sedan besides navigation, park-assist and the 18" wheels (has 17" rims). Not sure if it has rain-sensing wipers but I could care less about that. How much could I get this vehicle for out-the-door? Price on site came to 27,585 and I am in Minnesota.

Thanks for any help! I don't want to sell my '05 GTO but I may need to because of tickets and a possible new job requiring good mpg and decent cargo space.

Also, have they made any updates to the mytouch in the past week or so? It's the one thing holding me back because I heard it's slow/laggy. Otherwise, I think I would really enjoy this feature.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #432
Wontfinishlast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65496
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatch Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Wontfinishlast Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR55 View Post
That's exactly what I did! Hoping it comes in soon!
I did that too and I got goose egg
Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #433
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Mike-
From what I've heard from others in your area Galpin is not negotiating off of MSRP on new hatches. Costco should yield the best price as the dealership Costco sends you has an agreement to sell a vehicle at X price for the car so you don't have to worry about sticker purchase.

Now to get the best deal on the trade treat it as a separate transaction. Get the Focus to the Costco price then present your trade-in. Have a difference figure in your mind that you'd like to be at. Keep in mind if you order you can always sell your trade-in before it comes in so you don't have to worry about taking a lower offer.

Quote:
Hi imccrea
This is a great thread! I just discovered this forum last night so trying to digest all I can before I go in to buy. I'm planning on getting a Titanium Hatch unless I figure out the SEL is a better deal. Although seems like its not as I want the gadgets! MyFord Touch (Which hopefully works better than in previous cars)

I have a few questions- I'm planning on using Costco as sort of the base of what a good deal is and then either go thru them or a dealer depending on who is better.
I am also planning on trading in my Mazda 6 2003 - what is the best way to get a good deal on a trade-in?

I may end up getting the car form the dealer I originally got the Mazda from- (Glapin in LA, Ca) so hoping I can use that to my advantage?

Any advice on trading in would be appreciated.

Also as you saw above I now want to see if I can get this $750 from Ford as well for ordering the brochure- but not sure if waiting for that is a good idea- or if they even include that anymore

Again thanks for any help!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #434
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
That's exactly what I did! Hoping it comes in soon!
My brochure only took one week to arrive - so I did not receive and email, but didn't need one since the brochure got here so quick. They may be mailing them out much quicker now. Mine contained the $750 privacy cash offer.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #435
MikeR55
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86138
What I Drive: 2003 Mazda 6

FF Reputation: 1 MikeR55 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Mike-
From what I've heard from others in your area Galpin is not negotiating off of MSRP on new hatches. Costco should yield the best price as the dealership Costco sends you has an agreement to sell a vehicle at X price for the car so you don't have to worry about sticker purchase.

Now to get the best deal on the trade treat it as a separate transaction. Get the Focus to the Costco price then present your trade-in. Have a difference figure in your mind that you'd like to be at. Keep in mind if you order you can always sell your trade-in before it comes in so you don't have to worry about taking a lower offer.
Thanks! Interesting to hear about Glapin. I was also thinking of taking it around to see what dealer gave me the best trade in price- but doesn't sound like that is really done? As you are saying keep it separate. I'm guessing I'd get more money selling it privately but not sure I have the time to deal with that.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #436
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen S7 TT View Post
So I'm looking at a fully loaded Focus Titanium sedan besides navigation, park-assist and the 18" wheels (has 17" rims). Not sure if it has rain-sensing wipers but I could care less about that. How much could I get this vehicle for out-the-door? Price on site came to 27,585 and I am in Minnesota.

Thanks for any help! I don't want to sell my '05 GTO but I may need to because of tickets and a possible new job requiring good mpg and decent cargo space.

Also, have they made any updates to the mytouch in the past week or so? It's the one thing holding me back because I heard it's slow/laggy. Otherwise, I think I would really enjoy this feature.
You'd probably have to order the vehicle, not many Titanium's are out there and the rain sensing comes standard on 401 pkg.
If it has premium paint, winter pkg, 17" wheels you have an MSRP of $25,945 and invoice of $24,388 + $500 rebate.
Not sure on your taxes but you should be fine at $24,000 ++
Old 05-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #437
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Thanks! Interesting to hear about Glapin. I was also thinking of taking it around to see what dealer gave me the best trade in price- but doesn't sound like that is really done? As you are saying keep it separate. I'm guessing I'd get more money selling it privately but not sure I have the time to deal with that.
If you're trying to buy off a lot it's hard to get the best trade-in because not many have the inventory. Galpin might tell you that they have the only 1 in your area and this is your trade-in price and if you don't like it get lost. They could also be cool and say "not a problem".

I'm saying don't tell the dealership you have a trade til you get the price you like.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #438
lrbr30022
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85804
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 lrbr30022 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I cannot speak for your state - but I know in Georgia you end up with a tax savings by trading your car in. Reason is the tax on the new vehicle is calculated AFTER the trade-in price is deducted. My tax is 7% so trading in is saving me about $900 in tax. I may be able to get a couple hundred more by private sale - but the convenience of trading/buying at the same time is well worth that couple hundred.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #439
mongie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 86130
What I Drive: Do not own at the moment

FF Reputation: 1 mongie Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
There is barely $1,000 markup so if he is selling it for $24,377 cap cost it's probably $500 over invoice since there is no rebate on a lease.
Cannot remove acq. fee, only security deposit if you purchase wear care.
Not a bad lease payment but I would see all the details because the acq. fee alone is $595 and if he is forgetting this the payment will balloon $15/month.
He claims for qualified clients he can waive the acquisition fee... Sounds strange?
Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #440
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,532, Level 22
Points: 1,532, Level: 22 Points: 1,532, Level: 22 Points: 1,532, Level: 22
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbr30022 View Post
I cannot speak for your state - but I know in Georgia you end up with a tax savings by trading your car in. Reason is the tax on the new vehicle is calculated AFTER the trade-in price is deducted. My tax is 7% so trading in is saving me about $900 in tax. I may be able to get a couple hundred more by private sale - but the convenience of trading/buying at the same time is well worth that couple hundred.
Same in NJ and most states.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.