Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 34 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #331
JulesMaximus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85851
What I Drive: 2003 Nissan Maxima SE - Sheer Silve

FF Reputation: 1 JulesMaximus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
From what I've heard California is a tough market currently for the Focus. Patience might be a good virtue or find a dealer out of state or your region to order one since that seems to be what you're doing.
Why is California a tough market? Tough for consumers? Can't imagine why that would be, we have tons of dealers, should have tons of inventory, one of the largest car markets in the country new and used. Some of the highest gas prices in the nation, the Focus, especially the new one should do quite well here. I see quite a few of those Honda CR-Z's on the road and it is the land of the Prius.

Tough for dealers? Why would I care about that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #332
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looky33 View Post
I agree.. I went in to look at cars expecting the "douche" treatment but had a very pleasant salesman with no pressure. He let me drive the conversation and since I got the X-plan, price wasn't an issue. Dont let the bad apple spoil the fun, vote with your dollar and go elsewhere.

By the way imccrea I believe the 750 private coupon is valid with the X-plan correct?
Correct, you cannot however combine X-Plan and college student program.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #333
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesMaximus View Post
Why is California a tough market? Tough for consumers? Can't imagine why that would be, we have tons of dealers, should have tons of inventory, one of the largest car markets in the country new and used. Some of the highest gas prices in the nation, the Focus, especially the new one should do quite well here. I see quite a few of those Honda CR-Z's on the road and it is the land of the Prius.

Because it's an in demand vehicle and it has to be sold California emissioned so that takes away a customer buying from me in Colorado at $X price because I can't sell it as a California emission vehicle.
Give it a few weeks or a couple months and once inventory becomes nice we'll forget about sticker on a Focus.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #334
Wholla09
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85885
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ford Focus Titan

FF Reputation: 1 Wholla09 Good Standing Member
I just recently ordered a focus. I didn't use xplan for the initial buy order. Can I go back to a dealer and use xplan pricing when I actually purchase the car?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #335
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholla09 View Post
I just recently ordered a focus. I didn't use xplan for the initial buy order. Can I go back to a dealer and use xplan pricing when I actually purchase the car?
You shouldn't have an issue depending on the dealer. Just call your sales person and tell them, if they give you crap then forget it. Also depends on the price you negotiated.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #336
BabyDavid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85554
What I Drive: Kona Blue Hatchback 2012

FF Reputation: 1 BabyDavid Good Standing Member
Quote:
Everything but kona blue, red candy, tuxedo black.

Blue candy is good.
So the rumours are true! And this means that it is now impossible to Order a car in Kona Blue What we want is; Kona Blue; 5-door; SEL; 300A;Winter Package... Zip 48067 (last week I asked about the same specs but with Remote Start as well).
Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #337
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesMaximus View Post

That is the problem, the demand is so high why would dealers work with you on a price?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #338
osuivan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85122
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 osuivan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholla09 View Post

My sales guy was ok with that. He said no problem, to bring the PIN in when we close on the car.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #339
Wholla09
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85885
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ford Focus Titan

FF Reputation: 1 Wholla09 Good Standing Member
Quote:
You shouldn't have an issue depending on the dealer. Just call your sales person and tell them, if they give you crap then forget it. Also depends on the price you negotiated.
I called the dealership, and they said they would honor it. Otherwise I would have debated giving up my deposit, and going to another dealership.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #340
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Hey mystic,

I just ran your VIN # through Etis and it doesn't look like your car has been built yet. Also, I tried looking for a window sticker for you as well, but one by that VIN # hasn't been generated yet. My advice would be to start looking around at incoming dealer ordered stock inventory as a back up plan in case your Candy Red isn't Candy Red anymore.

-B
Thanks Ohuigin, finally got a build date of 05/25, so I guess I was concerned for no reason. I'm happy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks