Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 31 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #301
tigertiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85787
What I Drive: 2004 green ranger; 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tigertiger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Hey Tiger,

Couldn't locate your VIN, but was $500 the only rebate/incentive/offer that they gave you? You should be getting a bit more off than that. Judging by your MSRP, it looks like you found yourself a loaded Titanium, and dealerships have been a bit tougher to move off of MSRP on that particular trim level. Your regional market also has some influence on your final price, because getting $500 off in one place may be like getting $1000 in another. It's all relative!

Double check your VIN and so we can help ya out.

-B
I think that's the correct VIN#. It was an SEL not a Titanium but it had every conceivable option except perhaps the self parking. Like I said, it's been a while since I've bought a car but it seemed like I was being asked to pretty much pay sticker price and my dad always told me only people with money to throw away do that.

Thanks for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #302
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
Do all ford cars come with 2 keys at least??
New cars come with 2 keys (integrated fobs on select models) and owner's manual with full tank of gas.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #303
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Hello again immcrea!

So I'm working on figuring out a way to tack my cars path across the US, and have been given a phone number to call. However it sounds like I may need a password to access the information. Is this the Fleet Identification Number (FIN code)?

Thanks again buddy!

-B
FIN is only for companies that order large quantities through Ford, not for individual purchases.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #304
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
I think that's the correct VIN#. It was an SEL not a Titanium but it had every conceivable option except perhaps the self parking. Like I said, it's been a while since I've bought a car but it seemed like I was being asked to pretty much pay sticker price and my dad always told me only people with money to throw away do that.

Thanks for the reply!
Sounds like all they are giving you is the $500 FMC rebate and no discount. I would try for $500 over invoice if they are holding to that price or try another dealer. If you aren't in a hurry order one from a dealer that will be more aggressive even if it means going further from home.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #305
AmishGuy91
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 85045
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 AmishGuy91 Good Standing Member
Is the $500 technology rebate (for pre-orders) compatible with the $750 private cash offer from the mailed brochure?

I went to the dealer on Saturday and he successfully put both in the computer. Now he's out of town and another salesmen says per his GSM, they are not compatible.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #306
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGuy91 View Post
Is the $500 technology rebate (for pre-orders) compatible with the $750 private cash offer from the mailed brochure?

I went to the dealer on Saturday and he successfully put both in the computer. Now he's out of town and another salesmen says per his GSM, they are not compatible.
I would need last name, ZIP and prefer VIN as well to see. I'm about 80% certain they do but probably not the $500 FMC plus tech plus private.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #307
xracerbob
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34662
What I Drive: 2005 Focus ST, destroyed at 241,622

FF Reputation: 1 xracerbob Good Standing Member
I was informed that no more Kona Blue cars will be built this year and I need to select another color. Is this correct? The dealer blamed the same paint supplier situation that caused the Tuxedo Black and Red to be discontinued.
Zetec powered F2000 racecar
Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #308
imccrea
FF Affiliate

That is the correct reason.

Currently here is the replacement plan as of 4-21:
Kona Blue replaced by Sonic Blue in late June
Red Candy replaced by "Red Candy" in late June
Tuxedo Black replaced by Black in late June.

All colors above are slated to run out within the next week if they haven't run out already. I had an Edge cancelled today which wasn't suppose to run out til early June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracerbob View Post
I was informed that no more Kona Blue cars will be built this year and I need to select another color. Is this correct? The dealer blamed the same paint supplier situation that caused the Tuxedo Black and Red to be discontinued.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #309
jeff2009
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85828
What I Drive: 2009 Eclipse

FF Reputation: 1 jeff2009 Good Standing Member
So........

@imccrea

So....if you place an order today for Red candy, will the order be fufilled for the new paint color or will the order be cancelled. I want to place an order tomorrow (tuesday) and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want my order to be cancelled.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #310
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2009 View Post
@imccrea

So....if you place an order today for Red candy, will the order be fufilled for the new paint color or will the order be cancelled. I want to place an order tomorrow (tuesday) and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want my order to be cancelled.
Well on Focus I'm sure it just would take 2 months before it gets scheduled to build. The only way to find out is put the order in and see what happens. It might get canceled or just delayed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks