Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 26 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #251
marabdl86
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 80825
What I Drive: Toyota Camry

FF Reputation: 1 marabdl86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My brother works for Pioneer Natural Resources, he told me his company is part of the Ford X plan. I don't work for the company and want to purchase a Ford Focus in my name. Could I use the X plan and purchase the car in my name? If not, what discounts do you recommend ask for. I'm a first time car buyer. looking at getting a Focus SEL with 17 inch alloy wheels and leather seats. thanks zipcode is 81082

Last edited by marabdl86; 05-10-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #252
RustyPonds
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84824
What I Drive: Grey 2012 Focus Ti Hatchback w/Nav

FF Reputation: 1 RustyPonds Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohuigin View Post
Hey Rusty,

I saw this while I was poking around Ford's accessories website. On the left menu, expand "electronics" and under that you'll find "remote start system":

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...M5Z_5844210_AA

I'm not exactly sure which one to get, but it seems to me that you can hook up a remote starter to any 2012 focus as long as it has an automatic transmission. You can select your dealer based on your zip code, so if you'd like, send off a quote to him so he can have it by the time your Focus arrives.

Hope this helps,

-B
Thanks Ohuigin!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #253
RustyPonds
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84824
What I Drive: Grey 2012 Focus Ti Hatchback w/Nav

FF Reputation: 1 RustyPonds Good Standing Member
Also, looking at the remote start options, are those the ones that would come with the car if the order was put in right? I though the FOB looked a little different.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #254
Stereodude
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85623
What I Drive: 02 Maxima SE

FF Reputation: 2 Stereodude Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
My brother works for Pioneer Natural Resources, he told me his company is part of the Ford X plan. I don't work for the company and want to purchase a Ford Focus in my name. Could I use the X plan and purchase the car in my name? If not, what discounts do you recommend ask for.
I don't know about that, but it seems unlikely. Perhaps someone else can offer a more definitive answer. However, if you've got an American Express card or are a Costco member they both have car buying plans you might want to check out. With the AmEx program a loaded Titanium is basically the same price as X plan. I'm not sure about the Costco pricing (since I didn't want to go through the whole process and have a dealer contact me).
Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 AM   #255
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I don't know about that, but it seems unlikely. Perhaps someone else can offer a more definitive answer. However, if you've got an American Express card or are a Costco member they both have car buying plans you might want to check out. With the AmEx program a loaded Titanium is basically the same price as X plan. I'm not sure about the Costco pricing (since I didn't want to go through the whole process and have a dealer contact me).
The Amex program uses the Truecar system and dealer network. Using Truecar directly does not require an Amex card, and anyone can use it. People have been posting anywhere from invoice to $250 and $400 over invoice on the Costco program, so that seems variable from what people have been saying recently. Also I think I heard x-plan includes the ad fees, and limits the doc fees to $75. Using the car buying programs can usually get what sounds like a better deal than x-plan, but watch out for fees which can quickly rise into the 4 digits.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #256
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Hey immcrea,

How do you think I made out on this deal?

White 5DR Hatchback Titanium
401 Spec A package
Navigation
Moonroof
Handling
Winter Package

$26,900 before taxes and rebates. I also have $1,250 in rebates and the $500 deposit I already put down.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #257
NowIknow
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85649
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 NowIknow Good Standing Member
Warranty and Service plan pricing

Hello everyone. Thanks for having this thread, itís been very informative.

This weekend we bought my wife a 2012 White Platinum Titanium w/ Nav and Handling package on x-plan pricing (which I found out about here) and I thought I had all my ducks in a row but I forgot about the warranty portion of the sale. Normally I never buy warranties but this car has so much in the way of electronics that I just wanted to be safe, plus my wife would feel a lot better about it. I donít mind so much but I feel like I got ripped off by the finance guy because I hadnít done my homework beforehand. So, I just want to know if I paid way too much and what I can do about it.

Hereís what I got: PremiumCARE extended warranty w/$50 deductible (not $100 standard deductible), no rental options, 72 months/100,000 miles for $2600. Also, Premium Maintenance Plan w/ 5000 mile intervals (not standard 7500), 72 months/ 100,000 miles for $1995. We live in Southern California, BTW.

I know I have 30 days to cancel for $75 fee each, then prorated after that. I have called a few dealerships around and been quoted $1550, $2090, or $2400 for the same extended warranty. The guy who quoted me $1550 told me that their cost was $1250. Online a Ford dealer quoted $880, but that seems too low like maybe it wouldnít be a Ford plan.

For the Maintenance plan I was quoted prices of $1865, $1935, and $2065 (w/$500 discount if I bought both maintenance and warranty for this dealer). However, Iím thinking I donít need service at 5k if Ford recommends 7500 miles, which drops the quotes by $330 each.

Can you tell me what would be a fair price for these plans? I donít mind the dealer making a profit, just hate to be taken advantage of.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #258
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
My brother works for Pioneer Natural Resources, he told me his company is part of the Ford X plan. I don't work for the company and want to purchase a Ford Focus in my name. Could I use the X plan and purchase the car in my name? If not, what discounts do you recommend ask for. I'm a first time car buyer. looking at getting a Focus SEL with 17 inch alloy wheels and leather seats. thanks zipcode is 81082
It has to be under his name or he has to be on the paperwork to get you the X-Plan discount. As the other guy mentioned AMEX participates with ZAG for pretty aggressive pricing. There are first time buyer programs for the Focus if you put money down, Ford will actually match your down payment up to $500.

It's strict to qualify but still, $500 is $500. I'm actually familiar with Pioneer here in Denver, I see you have a Colorado zip code. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #259
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Hey immcrea,

How do you think I made out on this deal?

White 5DR Hatchback Titanium
401 Spec A package
Navigation
Moonroof
Handling
Winter Package

$26,900 before taxes and rebates. I also have $1,250 in rebates and the $500 deposit I already put down.
Cappa-
Sounds like a sweet car, based on what I'm seeing it has an MSRP of around $27,235 and an invoice of $25,523. I think you could have done a little better, at least under $26,000 but as some have found here dealers will not negotiate off of MSRP in Cali.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #260
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowIknow View Post
Hello everyone. Thanks for having this thread, itís been very informative.

This weekend we bought my wife a 2012 White Platinum Titanium w/ Nav and Handling package on x-plan pricing (which I found out about here) and I thought I had all my ducks in a row but I forgot about the warranty portion of the sale. Normally I never buy warranties but this car has so much in the way of electronics that I just wanted to be safe, plus my wife would feel a lot better about it. I donít mind so much but I feel like I got ripped off by the finance guy because I hadnít done my homework beforehand. So, I just want to know if I paid way too much and what I can do about it.

Hereís what I got: PremiumCARE extended warranty w/$50 deductible (not $100 standard deductible), no rental options, 72 months/100,000 miles for $2600. Also, Premium Maintenance Plan w/ 5000 mile intervals (not standard 7500), 72 months/ 100,000 miles for $1995. We live in Southern California, BTW.

I know I have 30 days to cancel for $75 fee each, then prorated after that. I have called a few dealerships around and been quoted $1550, $2090, or $2400 for the same extended warranty. The guy who quoted me $1550 told me that their cost was $1250. Online a Ford dealer quoted $880, but that seems too low like maybe it wouldnít be a Ford plan.

For the Maintenance plan I was quoted prices of $1865, $1935, and $2065 (w/$500 discount if I bought both maintenance and warranty for this dealer). However, Iím thinking I donít need service at 5k if Ford recommends 7500 miles, which drops the quotes by $330 each.

Can you tell me what would be a fair price for these plans? I donít mind the dealer making a profit, just hate to be taken advantage of.
Firstly, that repair warranty sounds really high. Secondly, did you completely understand what the warranty truly covers? Are the electronics that you're concerned about REALLY covered. I've bought extended warranties in the past, and every single time I had a repair issue, it was something not covered. I will never buy another extended warranty again. They're there to make the dealer almost PURE profit.

What does the maintenance plan cover? If it covers ALL maintenance like all brake hardware, fluid changes (tranny, brake, coolant, etc..), belts, hoses, wipers, filters (oil, fuel, air, cabin, etc...), light bulbs, etc, you MIGHT break even (even then, probably not). These cars are pretty low maintenance in the first 100k.

Still, you didn't ask if you should have bought them, only if you spent too much, and to answer that question, yes.

Bookmarks & Social Networks