Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 25 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #241
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
imccrea:

Can you tell me if I got a good deal on my Focus?

Focus 2012 SEL Sedan
303A Spec (MyTouch+Sony+SEL Premium)
Winter Package

According to Edmunds:
MSRP: 23,855
Invoice: 22,114

My purchase price bought thru Military Car Sales (AAFES-Exchange Car Sales):
21125.50 (including all rebates) basically $1K off edmunds invoice price.

Rebates I would qualify for: Recent Grad & Military
or maybe even $750 brochure & Military? ZIP is 39531.

On another note, I totally forgot that my bother-in-law works for Ford racing and my sister said he gets discounts. I would assume this would be the X-plan. How much would my vehicle go for under the X-plan?

I would not finance through ford, so the $500 finance offer is out of the question. 1.9% for 60 months thru my credit union.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #242
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoyloco View Post
imccrea:

Can you tell me if I got a good deal on my Focus?

Focus 2012 SEL Sedan
303A Spec (MyTouch+Sony+SEL Premium)
Winter Package

According to Edmunds:
MSRP: 23,855
Invoice: 22,114

My purchase price bought thru Military Car Sales (AAFES-Exchange Car Sales):
21125.50 (including all rebates) basically $1K off edmunds invoice price.

Rebates I would qualify for: Recent Grad & Military
or maybe even $750 brochure & Military? ZIP is 39531.

On another note, I totally forgot that my bother-in-law works for Ford racing and my sister said he gets discounts. I would assume this would be the X-plan. How much would my vehicle go for under the X-plan?

I would not finance through ford, so the $500 finance offer is out of the question. 1.9% for 60 months thru my credit union.

Thank you in advance.
I actually have a different invoice amount than you do, $22,460, probably due to the fact that some invoice websites don't account for certain fees. You're still good at the price you paid, roughly $750 below invoice if you only have $500 rebate or $250 below if you have 2 rebates of $500.

You're a little better off than X-Plan on your deal.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #243
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Hello Immcrea I need your advice!!!!

I have been dealing with a dealership here in which I have already put down a $500 non-refundable deposit for them to make the order as they can not find my car or any dealership willing to trade with them.

I did find exactly the car I want about 3 hours away, and told them I was quoted for $25,800 for the Focus. (which I was not, the one in New Jersey I am quoted for $26,200 same options color and everything) though they did tell me they would match the $25,800 if I put down a refundable deposit and could pick it up this weekend.

My question to you is... is it worth losing the $500 deposit and going 3 hours away just to get the exact car that I want? I mean, I have no problem waiting 6-8 weeks for the order but if I can save 500-600$ that'd be great. My friend who used to work as a dealer suggested sending the e-mail from the dealership in the other state to my current dealer and telling them that I can get the car for $25,800 what do you suggest?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #244
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
Hello Immcrea I need your advice!!!!

I have been dealing with a dealership here in which I have already put down a $500 non-refundable deposit for them to make the order as they can not find my car or any dealership willing to trade with them.

I did find exactly the car I want about 3 hours away, and told them I was quoted for $25,800 for the Focus. (which I was not, the one in New Jersey I am quoted for $26,200 same options color and everything) though they did tell me they would match the $25,800 if I put down a refundable deposit and could pick it up this weekend.

My question to you is... is it worth losing the $500 deposit and going 3 hours away just to get the exact car that I want? I mean, I have no problem waiting 6-8 weeks for the order but if I can save 500-600$ that'd be great. My friend who used to work as a dealer suggested sending the e-mail from the dealership in the other state to my current dealer and telling them that I can get the car for $25,800 what do you suggest?
So the car you ordered is exactly the car you want right but they quoted $500 more on an order unit vs. the one you found elsewhere that is available now?

If it's a matter of $500 to get the car now vs. 6 - 8 weeks I would wait personally. But it also depends what this other dealer is priced at that has the vehicle available now. If they're only discounting $200 then you could hopefully get $500 off.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #245
BabyDavid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85554
What I Drive: Kona Blue Hatchback 2012

FF Reputation: 1 BabyDavid Good Standing Member
Dear imccrea,
here's our situation:

One of our cars is seriously on life-support, a 2002 Kia Rio We want it's replacement to be the 2012 Focus 5door SEL 300A, in Kona Blue, with Winter Package and Power Code Remote Start. We also want the Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror but don't want the Premium Package. Our ZIP is 48067. We also qualify for the Z Plan. I've sent off requests for the Brochure for the $750 discount. My friend's sister-in-law is a salesperson at a Ford Dealership.

If you've any advice I'd be very grateful. Here are the questions I've thought of myself:

1. What price should we expect and what % savings does it work out to?
2. I've been rehearsing negotiation strategies, is there any scope for negotiation with the Z Plan?
3. Does the Brochure's $750 discount apply to Z Plan purchases?
4. If it does, do we have to wait for the Brochure to (maybe) arrive?
5. How do we get the Autodimming Mirror without dropping $1395 on the Premium Package?
6. Is it better to get a Remote Start device aftermarket?
7. Is my friend's sister-in-law going to be making any money on a Z Plan sale?
8. How does the dealership calculate trade-in values for cars on life-support?
9. Would we be better off selling the Kia privately?
10. How much would an upgrade to the Titanum Trim cost?

Sorry for so many questions, we're novices. THANKYOU.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #246
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Dear imccrea,
here's our situation:

One of our cars is seriously on life-support, a 2002 Kia Rio We want it's replacement to be the 2012 Focus 5door SEL 300A, in Kona Blue, with Winter Package and Power Code Remote Start. We also want the Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror but don't want the Premium Package. Our ZIP is 48067. We also qualify for the Z Plan. I've sent off requests for the Brochure for the $750 discount. My friend's sister-in-law is a salesperson at a Ford Dealership.

If you've any advice I'd be very grateful. Here are the questions I've thought of myself:

1. What price should we expect and what % savings does it work out to?A/Z Plan is 3% below invoice. You can build one online and figure out what it would be as there are none that are like the vehicle you want in the US.
2. I've been rehearsing negotiation strategies, is there any scope for negotiation with the Z Plan? There is no negotiation allowed on Z plan, you cannot sell Z plan below or above the price stated on the invoice.
3. Does the Brochure's $750 discount apply to Z Plan purchases? You cannot apply brochure discount's to any A/Z/D plan
4. If it does, do we have to wait for the Brochure to (maybe) arrive? N/A
5. How do we get the Autodimming Mirror without dropping $1395 on the Premium Package? You can get it as an accessory, however it's more likely an expensive one, you might be able to order it with just the auto dim mirror from factory which might save money
6. Is it better to get a Remote Start device aftermarket? Depends entirely on the unit, the Ford one's will be guaranteed to work and come warrantied but are also more expensive. Certain after market units have better features at the same cost. I would checkout cartoys or the like.
7. Is my friend's sister-in-law going to be making any money on a Z Plan sale? The dealer gets reimbursed for selling below invoice so they show a profit. If they make money it's maybe $300- $400
8. How does the dealership calculate trade-in values for cars on life-support?They calculate how much the metal is worth! No it's probably a $500 car if it runs.
9. Would we be better off selling the Kia privately? This would cause less hassle for the dealership and you if he offers you $100
10. How much would an upgrade to the Titanum Trim cost?If I read in another thread correctly someone priced one out at $370 difference for the base models of both.

Sorry for so many questions, we're novices. THANKYOU.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #247
BabyDavid
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85554
What I Drive: Kona Blue Hatchback 2012

FF Reputation: 1 BabyDavid Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Dear imccrea,

1. What price should we expect and what % savings does it work out to?A/Z Plan is 3% below invoice. You can build one online and figure out what it would be as there are none that are like the vehicle you want in the US.
2. I've been rehearsing negotiation strategies, is there any scope for negotiation with the Z Plan? There is no negotiation allowed on Z plan, you cannot sell Z plan below or above the price stated on the invoice.
Thanks! I'm looking at Truecar.com. Do you mean "Factory Invoice" less 3%? Which includes Destination Fees ($725) and Regional Add Fees ($610)? If so am I correct in figuring we'll be paying $21755 minus 3%?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #248
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDavid View Post
Thanks! I'm looking at Truecar.com. Do you mean "Factory Invoice" less 3%? Which includes Destination Fees ($725) and Regional Add Fees ($610)? If so am I correct in figuring we'll be paying $21755 minus 3%?
If it includes all dest. & regional fees then that is the invoice, so yes!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #249
RustyPonds
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84824
What I Drive: Grey 2012 Focus Ti Hatchback w/Nav

FF Reputation: 1 RustyPonds Good Standing Member
imccrea,

My stupid dealer forgot to add my requested remote start on my 2012 Focus. I know it is a dealer install, so this should not be an issues adding it after the fact, right?

Will anything special need to be ordered? I am a week or so out from taking delivery. Should he order any parts (if needed) now?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #250
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPonds View Post
imccrea,

My stupid dealer forgot to add my requested remote start on my 2012 Focus. I know it is a dealer install, so this should not be an issues adding it after the fact, right?

Will anything special need to be ordered? I am a week or so out from taking delivery. Should he order any parts (if needed) now?

Thanks!
Hey Rusty,

I saw this while I was poking around Ford's accessories website. On the left menu, expand "electronics" and under that you'll find "remote start system":

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...M5Z_5844210_AA

I'm not exactly sure which one to get, but it seems to me that you can hook up a remote starter to any 2012 focus as long as it has an automatic transmission. You can select your dealer based on your zip code, so if you'd like, send off a quote to him so he can have it by the time your Focus arrives.

Hope this helps,

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->