Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #231
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuivan View Post
Ok question for you ford sales guys, my sales rep said that GPS map updates would be free via syncmyride web site. Someone on another thread said that's not true you have to buy a new SD card.

Can someone verify this for me please?

Thanks
Not to my knowledge, I was told by parts and service to either call 1-888-628-6277 or go to navmaps.com. However I went to the site and it was more of a nautical map than car nav maps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #232
ehrie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85545
What I Drive: 2007 Mercury Milan

FF Reputation: 1 ehrie Good Standing Member
Hello, could you give me the invoice information for what I'm considering. I have a feeling the dealers around here are taking me for a ride, no pun intended.

2012 Titanium

-401A
-Winter Package
-Voice Activated Nav
-Remote Start

The color is unimportant as long as it's one of the colors that does not add to the price. un to my head Kona Blue or Silver are prefered.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #233
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Hey guys.

So after I got screwed by Tustin Ford, I made the drive up to the #1 volume dealership in the world and made my deal. Galpin Ford was awesome. It just so happened that they ordered the exact car I wanted: a sterling grey titanium hatch with the handling package (VIN #: 1FAHP3N20CL154954). The MSRP of this car is $24,085. When I got there, I told the dealer that I was looking at that specific car (which hasn't arrived yet). His intial offer was the $500 rebate from the "Swap your ride" event, and discounted another $200. After I gave him my $750 private cash offer, I was looking at a price of $22,835. I then asked the dealer if they honored the Costco membership program, but he said that the 2012 focus isn't covered in that program. At this point I was $1450 under MSRP, but I dug a little deeper, fully expecting to get nothing in return. I asked them to take another $700 off, and this is where it got interesting. Instead of taking $700 off of the initial price of the car, they ran my credit; and it came back so clean, they offered me a "preferred" finance rate. Now remember, the rate that we are "locked in to" if we finance through ford to get the $500 rebate is 4.9% for 60 months. Galpin offered me the $500 rebate, and a finance rate of 3.9% for 60 months, with no prepayment penalties. Rougly, this translates to me saving $700...just what I asked for. So heads up everyone, if you're credit is good enough, those finance rates ingrained into the "Swap your ride" program CAN BE ADJUSTED! In the end, I'm getting the exact car I want, straight off the train for $21,935 (before tax & licenses) or $2,150 under MSRP. I put down my $500 deposit and am just awaiting for arrival.

Couldn't be happier

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 05-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #234
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrie View Post
Hello, could you give me the invoice information for what I'm considering. I have a feeling the dealers around here are taking me for a ride, no pun intended.

2012 Titanium

-401A
-Winter Package
-Voice Activated Nav
-Remote Start

The color is unimportant as long as it's one of the colors that does not add to the price. un to my head Kona Blue or Silver are prefered.

Thanks!
Assuming you're looking hatchback?

Invoice will be around $23,745.44 without specialty paint color.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #235
entity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 entity Good Standing Member
Financing question:

I was unaware that the $500 rebate was with Ford's financing when I went to look at the Focus. My salesman was quick to point out that I'd be able to refinance with my credit union (better APR while still taking advantage of rebate). Is this true? Does it state in the agreement that you are locked in?

Thanks for all your insight!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #236
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
Financing question:

I was unaware that the $500 rebate was with Ford's financing when I went to look at the Focus. My salesman was quick to point out that I'd be able to refinance with my credit union (better APR while still taking advantage of rebate). Is this true? Does it state in the agreement that you are locked in?

Thanks for all your insight!
You can refi after getting the $500. We are told to keep the loan 3 months the refi with credit union or bank at a lower rate. You are not locked in unless states vary by law.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #237
ehrie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85545
What I Drive: 2007 Mercury Milan

FF Reputation: 1 ehrie Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Assuming you're looking hatchback?

Invoice will be around $23,745.44 without specialty paint color.
Thank you, and yes the hatch. So i need to keep shopping then, I was right I'm thinking the offers I've gotten so far are crap.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 PM   #238
clevenson
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85482
What I Drive: Toyota Yaris Red

FF Reputation: 1 clevenson Good Standing Member
I looked on my invoice and saw that my priority is 80. Is that good or bad . Can they bump me up now that the order has been placed?
Old 05-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #239
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifocus View Post
what is the 500 dollar swap your ride rebate ? How do you get it
All you need is decent credit and then just walk into your ford dealership before the end of the month (unless they extend it again). To get the $500 rebate, you need to finance through ford. Start here: http://www.ford.com/incentives/

Good luck,

B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 05-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #240
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevenson View Post
I looked on my invoice and saw that my priority is 80. Is that good or bad . Can they bump me up now that the order has been placed?
I'll have to ask about the number Monday. I want to say 10 is best but I have to confirm.

Bookmarks & Social Networks