Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 184 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #1831
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

Points 3,024, Level 33
Points: 3,024, Level: 33 Points: 3,024, Level: 33 Points: 3,024, Level: 33
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 3 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The reason I ask is that I wouldn't buy their "VIP" club - essentially free oil change/tire rotations/state inspections plus some other crap that I could care less about. I never buy extended warranties, paint seal, etc. etc. when I buy car...all a rip-off IMHO. This one however was ok with me, just not for what they were charging ($900). When I went to do the deal and sign the checks, they came back with "We are having a special towards the end of the month on the VIP Club - $500 off." I said fine, for $400 that is a great deal to me, I will get pay back in 2 years and will have the car much longer so I went for it. Figure $50 for an oil change/tire rotation and $16 for a state inspection. I drive 25K a year so that is close to $200 a year I am spending regardless. What I am wondering...did they just give me a $500 Ford incentive that I wasn't aware of? It wasn't on the list of incentives that I singed and it was handled as a discount on the sales order..not an incentive. Who knows - I have a feeling the sales guys get a spiff on the sale of these so he just knocked $500 more off the car to get me to buy...which is ok with me if that was the case.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #1832
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTFreak View Post
when is the new fiesta available?
Order banks are open, I'm thinking 6-10 weeks out.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 04-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #1833
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Points 3,024, Level 33
Level Up 83% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Ford's site is showing $2,250 now with $500 bonus cash and $500 for the manual so $3,250 total cash incentive vs. $2,750 I got last week. Not sure if you have to finance through Ford to get the $2,250 vs. the $1,750 I got. Not sure when this extra $500 kicked-in.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #1834
drtorre
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113918
What I Drive: 2010 honda

FF Reputation: 1 drtorre Good Standing Member
I ordered a 2013 Focus Titanium from a local dealer last week. He said it should arrive in 6-8 weeks. From what i just read, the order bank closed earlier in April. Was it still possible to order a 2013 a week ago or is my dealer playing games?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #1835
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Points 3,024, Level 33
Level Up 83% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Yep, looks like $3250 now!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #1836
jac1304
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114083
What I Drive: 2010 Honda Pilot

FF Reputation: 1 jac1304 Good Standing Member
Wait or buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
Yep, looks like $3250 now!
Wondering if buying now or wait. Will incentives get any better?
Looking at titanium.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #1837
imccrea
Focus Addict

Unfortunately Ford doesn't tell us when the best time to buy a car is so you have to chance it with rebates, since 2012's debuted I think most I've seen on a 12/13 Focus is about $3,500-$3,750 depending if you have a trade-in or finance with FMC.

Regarding ordering 13's parts are becoming tough to get so the sooner the better to order.
Ira McCrea
Old 04-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #1838
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Points 3,024, Level 33
Level Up 83% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
There will always be a better deal..just buy it.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #1839
mattvrablik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114314
What I Drive: 2013 SE HB w/ 5sp & Appearance Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 mattvrablik Good Standing Member
Just about ready to purchase, but want to check facts

Ok, so Sunday was when I started soliciting prices. By Friday I was doing some test drives, and confirming that I actually preferred the SE HB over the ST (more like cognac rather than tequila :).

Over email, I was getting progressively better prices from each dealer. And everyone was saying "oh, yeah, we can order that for you, for xx,xxx.xx dollars".

But when I finally visit a dealer last night, and talk with another over the phone in detail today, everyone is now backing off on ordering, saying that they can't guarantee what the price will be, because incentives will be different at that point.

Second dealer over the phone also stated that the cutoff date for ordering 2013's was on about the 30th, and that he can no longer get me one except on the lot or through trade. As for 2014, he says these rebates won't apply.

They are offering very good deals on what is available, but very little is available:

Dealer #1: Performance Blue SE HB, Manual, 201A, Winter Package, Moonroof: $18,950 + Tax/Registration.
Dealer #2: will trade for: Ruby Red SE HB, Manual, 201A, + All weather protection package: $18,195 + Tax/Registration.

Both are reasonable prices, but I really didn't want any features other than 201A proper, and Race Red for the color. I was getting quotes for my configuration (Race Red SE HB, Manual, 201A) for as low as $18,150 until the truth came out.

I'd rather just wait and get what I really want, if it simply means a few more months...but will I end up paying a lot more? Trying to decide a strategy to move forward.

Thanks !

Matt@mvmft.com

P.S. - I'd totally consider purchasing out of state if it was not too far to drive back and too difficult to register in CA.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #1840
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvrablik View Post
Ok, so Sunday was when I started soliciting prices. By Friday I was doing some test drives, and confirming that I actually preferred the SE HB over the ST (more like cognac rather than tequila :).

Over email, I was getting progressively better prices from each dealer. And everyone was saying "oh, yeah, we can order that for you, for xx,xxx.xx dollars".

But when I finally visit a dealer last night, and talk with another over the phone in detail today, everyone is now backing off on ordering, saying that they can't guarantee what the price will be, because incentives will be different at that point.

Second dealer over the phone also stated that the cutoff date for ordering 2013's was on about the 30th, and that he can no longer get me one except on the lot or through trade. As for 2014, he says these rebates won't apply.

They are offering very good deals on what is available, but very little is available:

Dealer #1: Performance Blue SE HB, Manual, 201A, Winter Package, Moonroof: $18,950 + Tax/Registration.
Dealer #2: will trade for: Ruby Red SE HB, Manual, 201A, + All weather protection package: $18,195 + Tax/Registration.

Both are reasonable prices, but I really didn't want any features other than 201A proper, and Race Red for the color. I was getting quotes for my configuration (Race Red SE HB, Manual, 201A) for as low as $18,150 until the truth came out.

I'd rather just wait and get what I really want, if it simply means a few more months...but will I end up paying a lot more? Trying to decide a strategy to move forward.

Thanks !

Matt@mvmft.com

P.S. - I'd totally consider purchasing out of state if it was not too far to drive back and too difficult to register in CA.
Shot you an email Matt, let me know what you think.
Ira McCrea

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.