Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 168 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #1671
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm not familiar with the state laws and stuff, but I fail to see the problem in you driving to CO trading in your car at their dealership and driving off with the car you want there. You might be subject to CO TTL and so forth which may, or may not be less or more then your TTL fees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #1672
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven0215 View Post
We will see how it goes with the new dealership. I wouldn't have another car to drive if i sold mine and since I would have to order what I wanted it would be hard to make all the timing work out. If it wasn't for those issues then colorado isn't really that far of a drive/ and or flight for me.
Let me know what you have to trade and I'll see what I can do. Shoot me an email.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #1673
Raven0215
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103842
What I Drive: None Currently

FF Reputation: 1 Raven0215 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Let me know what you have to trade and I'll see what I can do. Shoot me an email.
Everything went alright with the new dealer today and I got the car ordered. If something goes wrong then I will be contacting you. I appreciate all your help. I wish I would have stumbled across this forum sooner and I might have just gone ahead and done the deal with you. I think the trade might have been a hiccup as it is a high mileage car 135k but only a 2008 civic. Put about 36k a year on for work.

Thanks again,
Old 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #1674
pwk5017
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104270
What I Drive: 2012 5sp Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 pwk5017 Good Standing Member
This may have been covered, but what are typical dealer/documentation fees? Can you ask the dealer upfront what these fees are before visiting the dealership? Do thte fees vary. I am going to purchase a 2012 tonight and I am going to make a gametime decision to either do xplan or negotiate. xplan puts it at 20,100, dealer invoice looks to be 19,477. Its a 2012, so I am hopeful I would get it at or very close to invoice, but the dealer fees etc. are the only unknowns in my equation. Suddenly, if they counter to 19,700 and hold firm on that and there is a $500 dealer fee etc. that I dont know about, I am higher than xplan, and I would have wasted 45 mins of my life. Any help on determining this unknown would be excellent.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #1675
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Just ask them, if their dealer fee is higher just do x plan
Ira McCrea
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #1676
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Doc fees: Not to preempt imccrea, but the answer is that they vary hugely from state to state and dealer to dealer, sometimes from customer to customer.

Some states impose a cap on doc fees. (In California, it's $85; average dealer doc fee is $56.) Ford imposes a $100 cap for X-plan purchases. A quick web search tells me PA has no cap on doc fees, but you should check for yourself.

Some states require that if a dealer charges a doc fee, then all customers must be charged the same doc fee. Not capped, necessarily, just consistent.

And some places are the wild west, where they just make up any number they like.

Yes, you can ask up front, and you should. When pricing a car, the only number that matters is the price before tax, tag, and title. It's not a deal to get a car for $100 under invoice when the dealer adds a $795 "doc fee" to make up for it.

On the flip side, I don't really care how they want to account for their money. Dealers can and should make a profit; I expect that. I don't need to audit admin fees, doc fees, prep fees, fuel charges, advertising fees, lot fees and all that. Those are all too often just ways to pad the bill, and let them talk about a low vehicle price when the actual price isn't low at all. The only level playing field when the fees can all vary is to look at the total price.

So yes, always ask about all the fees and what the final vehicle price is. (I except tax/tag/title because those are fixed by the state. Anything the dealership sets they should disclose up front. And they can tell you the registration fees, too.)
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #1677
pwk5017
Focus Rookie

Well, no dice on the focus. I went in at 18,000 hoping to secure it in the low 19s before incentives and they went to 20,300 and held firm. $212 dealer fees too. Whatever, not the end of the world, I might go back in a month and a half if they still have it.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #1678
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwk5017 View Post
Well, no dice on the focus. I went in at 18,000 hoping to secure it in the low 19s before incentives and they went to 20,300 and held firm. $212 dealer fees too. Whatever, not the end of the world, I might go back in a month and a half if they still have it.
If MSRP on their car is $20,075 give or take $200 that is about $1,100 below invoice before incentives which is double of what holdback is.

I'd sell it at $19,000 but not $18,000. Must've been a small dealership to not take a deal on the last day of the month for Ford.
Ira McCrea
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #1679
pwk5017
Focus Rookie

Yeah, I was pretty surprised they didnt do the deal. I thought ending in the low 19s would have been fair for them, and a good deal for myself. They get the holdback cash and whatever other manufacturer discount/kickback. If I was negotiating for a 2013, I would have expected to get more than 700 off list!

Sort of sucks, because that just might have been my only shot at a new focus. I think I am going to be back to searching in the used market, because I cant find any new manuals that fit my criteria, and I just cant do the full $21k without the incentive cash back. Historically, does ford run anymore big time incentives, say, around thanksgiving-christmas?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #1680
SlateTheGreat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63859
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 SlateTheGreat Good Standing Member
Hello,

So I'm bringing my 08 auto sedan in again for transmission repairs. The dealership has repaired it once about a month ago and its having issues again. This is the 3rd total time they've repaired it, twice for the transmission within a month. How hard is it to get a dealership to buy the car back because of faulty parts or inability to repair?

EDIT: Trying to get into a 2012 5 speed

Bookmarks & Social Networks