Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 167 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #1661
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
truecar.com is a good site too. also if you find different prices on various websites.

Like one says 22.1k and the other sas 22.5k I'd avg it out for the offer and ask for 22.3k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #1662
Raven0215
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103842
What I Drive: None Currently

FF Reputation: 1 Raven0215 Good Standing Member
well posted this in another thread but looks like this is the place it should go.

Am looking at a 2013 focus titanium hatchback.

ingot silver
arctic white interior
exterior protection package
active park assist
cargo area protector
cargo management package
sony sound system with navi

total cost is 27070.

dealer didn't have that car but sent me a sticker of one close to it. sticker on that car was 27,675 He said with the rebate he would price the 27675 car to me for 23,396. He said he would be able to do something similiar if i ordered the above car at the 27,070. Seems like a decent price to me wanted to know if i was leaving anything on the table.

Also since i am ordering it will probably be like 6-8 weeks at least before I get the car so I would assume I am in danger of losing out on the rebate?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #1663
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

No you would not lose out on the rebate due to the rebate protection that Ford offers. I do a ton SPOs (special orders) and never lose a rebate, sometimes they increase though.

Also without checking taking $3,600 off a 2013 Focus seems like a solid deal and I'd take it. BTW thats just over 13% discount which is invoice area.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #1664
Raven0215
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
No you would not lose out on the rebate due to the rebate protection that Ford offers. I do a ton SPOs (special orders) and never lose a rebate, sometimes they increase though.

Also without checking taking $3,600 off a 2013 Focus seems like a solid deal and I'd take it. BTW thats just over 13% discount which is invoice area.

The dealer is telling me since I am ordering the car only the incentives that are in affect when I take delivery will be valid. Any idea on if that is true or I should push him harder on the rebate protection? Also is it true the financing can't be used in conjunction with the rebates?

Thanks,
Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #1665
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven0215 View Post
The dealer is telling me since I am ordering the car only the incentives that are in affect when I take delivery will be valid. Any idea on if that is true or I should push him harder on the rebate protection? Also is it true the financing can't be used in conjunction with the rebates?

Thanks,
That is false, dealer just doesn't want to do an order it sounds like. If you can I would switch dealers.

Certain rebates can combine, however for 2012 Focus

$2,000 rebate OR 0% for 60 months. Not both
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 09-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #1666
Raven0215
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
That is false, dealer just doesn't want to do an order it sounds like. If you can I would switch dealers.

Thanks,

I found a bunch of stuff including a ford document that gives instructions how to apply for the incentive protection program. i have already had a tough time with dealers today. one told me the car wouldn't qualify for any rebates because of the arctic white interior but they would give me a 1500 dollar rebate out of good will.

I printed out the form with the instructions for applying for the rebate protection. I am going to bring it in tomorrow and see what they say. If they give me the run around I might just forget about getting a car I had a really negative experience at the first dealer I went to today so it has kind of put me off.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #1667
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven0215 View Post
Thanks,

I found a bunch of stuff including a ford document that gives instructions how to apply for the incentive protection program. i have already had a tough time with dealers today. one told me the car wouldn't qualify for any rebates because of the arctic white interior but they would give me a 1500 dollar rebate out of good will.

I printed out the form with the instructions for applying for the rebate protection. I am going to bring it in tomorrow and see what they say. If they give me the run around I might just forget about getting a car I had a really negative experience at the first dealer I went to today so it has kind of put me off.
Are you trading in a vehicle? If not I can assist you and have it shipped to a local dealer if you want. I've worked with Rusty Eck Ford and they've gave me the run around before on dealer trades so let me know.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #1668
Raven0215
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Are you trading in a vehicle? If not I can assist you and have it shipped to a local dealer if you want. I've worked with Rusty Eck Ford and they've gave me the run around before on dealer trades so let me know.
Yeah I am trading in a vehicle. I was suppose to go down this morning and get my build sheet and the paperwork from the dealer showing my price and everything. He said they were having computer problems and couldn't order the vehicle. I mentioned the stuff about incentive protection program and what not and he played stupid like he didn't know about it but didn't argue with me about it.

I am suppose to go in monday and get everything done. I haven't put a deposit down or anything so I am not locked in at this point. They seem to be giving me a good price and what I thought was reasonable for my trade.

The dealer I am working with now is atchley ford.

I stopped at Performance ford which I think used to be Rusty eck earlier in the day. They kept me at the dealership for almost 2 hours told me I couldn't get any rebates on the car(because the arctic white interior package) but they would give me a 1500 "good will" rebate if i bought with them right then. Gave me a super high price at first(told me they would sell it to me for invoice but I know what the invoice price is and it was higher then that), I got up to walk out and they had trouble getting the key back to my car from the used car guy. Came back with another high price and then finally when I was walking out the door gave me another price. Overall it was a pretty crappy experience.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #1669
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Quote:

See you got myself and another sales man with IMHO at least a decade worth of experience you telling you that your dealership is wrong.

I also can't see how it'd take 2 hrs to order a vehicle...I can put together a deal, do the paperwork, shake hands, and be out the door in 30-45 minutes. I also don't play any games.

Raven if the new dealership isn't going help you. I'd sell your car yourself and purchase from Immerca .
Old 09-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #1670
Raven0215
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
See you got myself and another sales man with IMHO at least a decade worth of experience you telling you that your dealership is wrong.

I also can't see how it'd take 2 hrs to order a vehicle...I can put together a deal, do the paperwork, shake hands, and be out the door in 30-45 minutes. I also don't play any games.

Raven if the new dealership isn't going help you. I'd sell your car yourself and purchase from Immerca .
We will see how it goes with the new dealership. I wouldn't have another car to drive if i sold mine and since I would have to order what I wanted it would be hard to make all the timing work out. If it wasn't for those issues then colorado isn't really that far of a drive/ and or flight for me.

Bookmarks & Social Networks