Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 165 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #1641
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
Yeah I know that you guys are different dealerships, I just wasn't expecting a markup like that, or the fact that he was talking about AWD. I wasn't working with anybody they just called me when they got it in. I didn't spend too much time there because I didn't like what I was hearing. Phil Long does have a bad rep in this town with the military community, the commanders at Ft. Carson have deemed that place off limits to all soldiers, that part is fact.

The $5,000 ada markup was handwritten in on the window sticker. I don't really care that you are trying to defend their actions, what I have seen and what they said were what happened. Why would I come on here and trash talk a dealer for no reason?

When I go back in to look at the black one that they are getting I will get the salespersons name that fed me that line of crap. Until they come to their senses about what they have and price it accordingly i will never buy from them.
Here's the problem, every ST Phil Long owns has a factory sunroof so how do you explain that?
Talked to my internet guy down there, no AWD on the tangerine scream (only one they have on the lot currently). So seriously, do you have a picture of this AWD markup or anything to show me otherwise?

I don't doubt the $5,000, dealerships can ask whatever they want but it boils down to what they will sell it for.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #1642
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Fan#: 42025
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 59 katiekay Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Here's the problem, every ST Phil Long owns has a factory sunroof so how do you explain that?
Talked to my internet guy down there, no AWD on the tangerine scream (only one they have on the lot currently). So seriously, do you have a picture of this AWD markup or anything to show me otherwise?

I don't doubt the $5,000, dealerships can ask whatever they want but it boils down to what they will sell it for.
You were asking for proof on the $5,000 markup but not for some reason you don't need it?

The guy was talking about putting it on for an additional $7,500 I did not say that they already did. Yes the dealer also said that they were the ones who put the moonroof in.

Look I am done arguing with you IDGAF if you don't believe me(dealers gotta stick together). I said what I said because that is exactly what they told me and yes they sure did have a $5,000 markup on it(handwritten in pen right on the sticker).

Defend their actions all you want, to me you sound like just as big a bullshitter as Phil Long does.
Hatch Nation #8
September 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #1643
leppylep
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102648
What I Drive: 2012 blue Ford Focus hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 leppylep Good Standing Member
Are you able to do a search on fords in Canada?
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #1644
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroinsa View Post
You were asking for proof on the $5,000 markup but not for some reason you don't need it?

The guy was talking about putting it on for an additional $7,500 I did not say that they already did. Yes the dealer also said that they were the ones who put the moonroof in.

Look I am done arguing with you IDGAF if you don't believe me(dealers gotta stick together). I said what I said because that is exactly what they told me and yes they sure did have a $5,000 markup on it(handwritten in pen right on the sticker).

Defend their actions all you want, to me you sound like just as big a bullshitter as Phil Long does.
I proved that we have them listed at MSRP, you don't come here spouting lies that you cannot prove about AWD or moonroof. I can email everyone here window stickers that show OEM sunroofs on every ST currently in system.

Good luck buying a ST.
Ira McCrea
Old 09-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #1645
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppylep View Post
Are you able to do a search on fords in Canada?
Unfortunately I do not have this access to our friendly neighbors up north.
Ira McCrea
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #1646
darkbuddha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99367
What I Drive: '89 XR4RS, '70 Mach 1, '13 ST

FF Reputation: 1 darkbuddha Good Standing Member
Someone just go get a pic of the hand written $5k mark up... that's kinda ridiculous IMHO. There are several folks that have posted that they've paid under MSRP for their ST, and many of us have deals at X plan.

BTW, yes, the ST is eligible for A plan, and Z plan, and D plan. There's a VOC we hosted on the North American ST Owners Club facebook page showing all of the discount plan prices for an Ingot Silver ST2 in Michigan: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 09-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #1647
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

First off, imccrea, I don't like being called a lair. I come in here and talk about my experience with Phil Long and instead of you trying to help me like you say you do, you think I am slandering your "fine" company.

I went back to get the pic and I talked to the same salesman that I talked to before. His name is Robert and he is part of their internet sales team. Robert is still claiming to put the Focus RS AWD system into an ST. Well we all know that the RS is not AWD so who is he bullshitting?

Are you going to help me out, or are you going to continue to talk shit to me.
Hatch Nation #8
Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #1648
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Thanks for proving my point, no aftermarket sunroof, no AWD listed on there for $7,500. Like I said, no one will make you buy from Phil Long.

I said before anyone can ask any price, it's what it sells for that is what matters. And we are more than happy to sell at any plan price or MSRP. And for that matter you can buy any of my incoming 3 ST's at whatever plan price you like, no pulsate, no protection package, nothing. It's metal, it can be replaced with another one.

Like I said I'm not a bullshitter either. All I asked for was proof of us adding a moonroof and AWD and despite Robert's 'saying we are', I don't see it.
Ira McCrea
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #1649
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point, no aftermarket sunroof, no AWD listed on there for $7,500. Like I said, no one will make you buy from Phil Long.

I said before anyone can ask any price, it's what it sells for that is what matters. And we are more than happy to sell at any plan price or MSRP.
I never said those were already listed options, Robert was saying those things. Why don't you call him, oh I am sure that he will deny everything...
Hatch Nation #8
Old 09-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #1650
katiekay
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔoℲ

Quote:

I said before anyone can ask any price, it's what it sells for that is what matters. And we are more than happy to sell at any plan price or MSRP. And for that matter you can buy any of my incoming 3 ST's at whatever plan price you like, no pulsate, no protection package, nothing. It's metal, it can be replaced with another one.

Like I said I'm not a bullshitter either. All I asked for was proof of us adding a moonroof and AWD and despite Robert's 'saying we are', I don't see it.
So you like your salesmen to flat out lie to people. I thought that you would help but oh yeah you sell cars, so you are trained to lie to people.
Hatch Nation #8

Bookmarks & Social Networks