Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 153 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #1521
darkbuddha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99367
What I Drive: '89 XR4RS, '70 Mach 1, '13 ST

FF Reputation: 1 darkbuddha Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
You cannot move an order, the only thing you can do is try and get the dealer to trade for the Focus you ordered but they'd more than likely hold it just to ensure you don't get it perhaps?

Ruthless I know.
Mehhhh... wouldn't surprise me. It's a very very competitive business, and notoriously morally vacuous, so I wouldn't take it personally if they chose to be jerks about it. If they won't honor X plan I'll pull my order and go somewhere else... no other choice. BTW, X plan will save me $550 over my current deal with them because of their exorbitant dealer/doc fee ($700!) which X plan limits to $100, otherwise I wouldn't bother. And actually, since under Ford's X plan rules, they can submit for reimbursement of the difference between their dealer fee and the $100 limit, they don't stand to lose anything. Plus they get a commission from Ford on X plan as well, don't they. X plan might actually end up working better for them in the long run.

Speaking of the X plan commission, do you know how much they'd be getting if selling me the ST under X plan? If it's enough, I might hit them up for an extra oil change or two, or a discount on tinting.

Thanks again!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #1522
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
How do you know how much X-plan will save you? I didn't think A/X/Z plan pricing had been released yet?
Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #1523
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbuddha View Post
Mehhhh... wouldn't surprise me. It's a very very competitive business, and notoriously morally vacuous, so I wouldn't take it personally if they chose to be jerks about it. If they won't honor X plan I'll pull my order and go somewhere else... no other choice. BTW, X plan will save me $550 over my current deal with them because of their exorbitant dealer/doc fee ($700!) which X plan limits to $100, otherwise I wouldn't bother. And actually, since under Ford's X plan rules, they can submit for reimbursement of the difference between their dealer fee and the $100 limit, they don't stand to lose anything. Plus they get a commission from Ford on X plan as well, don't they. X plan might actually end up working better for them in the long run.

Speaking of the X plan commission, do you know how much they'd be getting if selling me the ST under X plan? If it's enough, I might hit them up for an extra oil change or two, or a discount on tinting.

Thanks again!
They are probably getting $300 commission from Ford for selling a Focus under X plan. Part of the rule stipulates that no additional compensation can be had under any plan so no free tinting, oil changes,etc. Otherwise they lose their privilidges to sell at that price.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 06-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #1524
darkbuddha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

There are now several people that have settled their X plan deals, plus there is a standard formula for calculating all of the plan prices based on dealer invoice or MSRP (depending on the plan). For X plan, the pricing is based on DEALER INVOICE. Dealer invoice is: vehicle invoice + upgrade package invoice - package discount invoice + options invoice + ADV ASSESSMENT + FUEL CHARGE + DEST AND DELIV. X plan pricing is then: Dealer invoice - (0.4% * Dealer invoice) + $275 admin fee. Then add the doc fee as subject to your local/state laws (but no more than the maximum of $100). Simple. I did the math (pre TT&T) on my deal and I'll save about $550. Probably save a little more OTD, but not significantly more.

Make sense?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #1525
darkbuddha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
They are probably getting $300 commission from Ford for selling a Focus under X plan. Part of the rule stipulates that no additional compensation can be had under any plan so no free tinting, oil changes,etc. Otherwise they lose their privilidges to sell at that price.
Thanks, I think that actually helps my case since my current deal is only $100 over invoice + their dealer fee, so the only money they're making above holdbacks is the $100 and the dealer fee. And if they're able to get reimbursed for the difference on the dealer fee, they're only losing around $200 with X plan (comparing dealer invoice + $100 to X plan). So getting a $300 commission on X plan actually nets them an extra $100 on the deal. Works for everyone.

BTW, I'm pretty sure "nominal gifts" to the customer are allowed under X plan rules according to FordPartner.com:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordPartner.com
Dealer-to-Customer Gifts and Fees

The following are guidelines regarding what is, and is not, permissible.

Nominal Gifts

Unless prohibited by your state law, X-Plan customers may accept items or services of nominal value (i.e. $50 or less dealership cost) as a gift or reward in connection with an X- Plan sale or lease. All gifts or rewards offered by the dealership for sponsoring an X-Plan sale or lease must be comparable with gifts or rewards offered by the dealership on retail sales or leases, and may not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).

Examples of acceptable gifts include a wall calendar, Motorcraft apparel, gas card, an oil change, a car wash, etc, provided the item or service does not exceed $50 in value (dealership cost).
Dealerships may not offer services or items below their market value (dealership cost) to stay within the $50 limit (i.e. $1 for rust proofing or $10 for a bed liner).

No service, accessory or items valued above $50 may be accepted by an X-Plan customer, even if the same offer is extended to non-Plan customers.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #1526
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Can you order 2013 Fusion Hybirds.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #1527
streeter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99964
What I Drive: 2008 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 streeter Good Standing Member
Specs for desired Focus in New England

Ira,

I'm located in Bedford, NH 03110. My wife and I have started our search for a new Focus to supplement the 2008 we've owned since new. We're looking for a car with the following "must haves" and are hoping that you can let us know where the cars are which would match our desired specs:

Focus SE (Sedan or Hatchback)
Manual transmission
Ingot Silver or Frosted Glass
203A package
Winter package

We have a slight preference for the below option, but would consider a car without:
SE Sport Package

All the other options below are ones that we are willing to pay for if the car is equipped with them, but that we don't really have a preference on:
Leather Seats
Moonroof
Int / Ext Protection Packages
Wheel variations

Can you please let us know where cars are that match the above? We're willing to go anywhere in New England (NH, ME, VT, MA, RI, CT). We haven't found a good way to search inventory of dealerships online other than one at a time.

Also, how much is the holdback on a Focus? Does it vary from car to car and dealership to dealership, or is it a specific percentage of the MSRP or invoice price?

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #1528
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
Can you order 2013 Fusion Hybirds.
yes you can
Ira McCrea
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #1529
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by streeter View Post
Ira,

I'm located in Bedford, NH 03110. My wife and I have started our search for a new Focus to supplement the 2008 we've owned since new. We're looking for a car with the following "must haves" and are hoping that you can let us know where the cars are which would match our desired specs:

Focus SE (Sedan or Hatchback)
Manual transmission
Ingot Silver or Frosted Glass
203A package
Winter package

We have a slight preference for the below option, but would consider a car without:
SE Sport Package

All the other options below are ones that we are willing to pay for if the car is equipped with them, but that we don't really have a preference on:
Leather Seats
Moonroof
Int / Ext Protection Packages
Wheel variations

Can you please let us know where cars are that match the above? We're willing to go anywhere in New England (NH, ME, VT, MA, RI, CT). We haven't found a good way to search inventory of dealerships online other than one at a time.

Also, how much is the holdback on a Focus? Does it vary from car to car and dealership to dealership, or is it a specific percentage of the MSRP or invoice price?

Thanks!
Holdback is consistant on every vehicle regardless of dealership. There are 2 sedans on the east coast.

One here ingot silver
Name All American Ford of Old Bridge
Address 3698 Route 9 South
City Old Bridge
State NJ
Postal Code 08857
Phone (732) 591-1111

One here ingot silver
Name George Wall Ford Lincoln
Address 700 Shrewsbury Avenue
City Red Bank
State NJ
Postal Code 07701
Phone (732) 747-5400

Both have Sport pkg, winter pkg.

Hatchbacks:

has ingot silver
Name Park City Ford, Inc.
Address 60 North Avenue
City Bridgeport
State CT
Postal Code 06606
Phone (203) 366-3425

ingot silver (identical vehicles)
Dealership Information
Name Family Ford Lincoln
Address 831 Straits Turnpike
City Watertown
State CT
Postal Code 06795
Phone (860) 945-4900
Ira McCrea
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #1530
streeter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99964
What I Drive: 2008 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 streeter Good Standing Member
Quote:
Holdback is consistant on every vehicle regardless of dealership. There are 2 sedans on the east coast. ... Hatchbacks...
Ira,

Thanks so much! That is AWESOME information!

Also, I just learned from reading other postings that apparently Frosted Glass is not offered with the SE Sport Package. Could you also let us know if there are any dealerships (near 03110) that have the following minimum options:

Focus SE (Hatch or Sedan)
Manual transmission
Frosted Glass
203A
Winter Package

Extra options (such as moonroof) are okay.

Thanks again!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.