Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 150 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #1491
impaulsible
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99414
What I Drive: Nothing

FF Reputation: 1 impaulsible Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
hatch or sedan?

I think on a 201A you might be able to buy it for under $20,000 before rebates come off but I don't think with tax being OTD at $20,000. Hell a 201a hatch with auto, SE sport and moonroof is $21,250 still (pricey).
Hatch

hm, maybe I have unrealistic expectations after reading what people paid for in the this forum? I see a lot of sub 20K OTDs on hatches, even on SEL

http://m.focusfanatics.com/forum/sho...261537&page=27

Any advice on the CA/AZ question? Where will I have more leverage as a buyer? I'm guessing CA
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #1492
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by impaulsible View Post
Hatch

hm, maybe I have unrealistic expectations after reading what people paid for in the this forum? I see a lot of sub 20K OTDs on hatches, even on SEL

http://m.focusfanatics.com/forum/sho...261537&page=27

Any advice on the CA/AZ question? Where will I have more leverage as a buyer? I'm guessing CA
Well people have different opinions of what OTD means. I've seen many posts that said, "ya I paid $18,500 OTD plus tax"

In my brain OTD means out the door, taxes should be included in that figure.

Let's look at it this way, if MSRP was $21,580 invoice was $20,426 and holdback was $636 how can anyone buy this vehicle for $18,500 without lying?

A plan (least expensive price is $19,753). If you are at a low tax rate and have $2,000 in rebates you might be OTD at $20,000 but no dealer who's in business for profit, would do a $18,500.

CA should be very competitive. If I had this vehicle in inventory I would sell it for $18,926 inclusive of the $1,500 rebates plus tax only (including fees). I think if dealers don't charge higher fees I'd start at that number and work your way down. Now the only problem is finding a 201A with roof and sport pkg. You will have much more luck with 203a but will add $400 to price probably.

If you need me to search I'd be happy to find one. I have a tuxedo black with moonroof, SE Sport pkg, automatic, and the coveted keyless entry pad that would run you $19,341 plus tax with the $1,500 rebate.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 05-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #1493
impaulsible
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99414
What I Drive: Nothing

FF Reputation: 1 impaulsible Good Standing Member
Sure, PM or email me with what you find! Thanks so much!

I thought factory rebates were only at 1000 right now?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #1494
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaulsible View Post
Sure, PM or email me with what you find! Thanks so much!

I thought factory rebates were only at 1000 right now?
sorry got you confused with above post that has college grad rebate.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #1495
CS_Evans
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99130
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CS_Evans Good Standing Member
Hi,

Can someone tell me the difference between a fully loaded SEL and a Titanium? I've been waiting for the latter to come in at my local dealer but it just doesn't seem to be happening so I'm fairly sure that I'm going to settle on a loaded SEL. However, before I completely decide I'd like to know the differences. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #1496
darkbuddha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99367
What I Drive: '89 XR4RS, '70 Mach 1, '13 ST

FF Reputation: 1 darkbuddha Good Standing Member
How awesome that this thread exists. Thanks for making it happen! Anyway, I'm hopefully going to be a new 2013 Focus ST owner this year, assuming my dealer gets my order right... which brings me to a couple questions:

1) How do I know if my dealer has placed my order and done so correctly? So far all I've gotten are reassurances and a VOC print-out. The reason I'm dubious is that I've been told by the person tracking ST orders that my name does not appear on her order reports. I've requested a copy of the DORA from the dealer a couple times but they've yet to provide one.

2) Has your dealership received notice of discount plan pricing being available for the ST yet? The dealership I'm working with keeps saying they have not information about X plan pricing being available yet and that they don't think it will, even though I've pointed out that it has been officially announced. I know there may be some delay in dealerships receiving the info and the system becoming active, but it's been a week and I've been assured that the system is now active and able to do AXZD discount pricing.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #1497
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS_Evans View Post
Hi,

Can someone tell me the difference between a fully loaded SEL and a Titanium? I've been waiting for the latter to come in at my local dealer but it just doesn't seem to be happening so I'm fairly sure that I'm going to settle on a loaded SEL. However, before I completely decide I'd like to know the differences. Any info would be appreciated.
Fully equipped 303 SEL has everything the Titanium 401a has except:
-blackout treatment
-IA access

Difficulty will be finding a 303 SEL.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #1498
imccrea
Focus Addict

How awesome that this thread exists. Thanks for making it happen! Anyway, I'm hopefully going to be a new 2013 Focus ST owner this year, assuming my dealer gets my order right... which brings me to a couple questions:

1) How do I know if my dealer has placed my order and done so correctly? So far all I've gotten are reassurances and a VOC print-out. The reason I'm dubious is that I've been told by the person tracking ST orders that my name does not appear on her order reports. I've requested a copy of the DORA from the dealer a couple times but they've yet to provide one.

If the dealer submitted the order you should have a DORA despite orders not being pulled yet. I received early order status on the one I submitted from Ford that it has been accepted.

2) Has your dealership received notice of discount plan pricing being available for the ST yet? The dealership I'm working with keeps saying they have not information about X plan pricing being available yet and that they don't think it will, even though I've pointed out that it has been officially announced. I know there may be some delay in dealerships receiving the info and the system becoming active, but it's been a week and I've been assured that the system is now active and able to do AXZD discount pricing.

When pricing came out Ford said no AXZD discount, if they've changed their stance on that I haven't seen it announced on our Ford site. Where did you see an announcement from Ford about doing that pricing?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #1499
darkbuddha
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 99367
What I Drive: '89 XR4RS, '70 Mach 1, '13 ST

FF Reputation: 1 darkbuddha Good Standing Member
Thanks for the reply.

I have requested a DORA several times and the salesperson has not come through. I asked for it by name in fact, but still nothing. You can understand my concern and mounting frustation.

My info on AXZD picing being available omes from the official Ford ST facebook page that is administrated by the ST US Brand manager: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFordST

Here is the specific post with the announcement: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFor...90616847641114

She has said there would be a delay in dealers picking up the info, but it's been a week since the announcement was made and she has verified that X plan pricing is active in the system as of a couple days ago, so I would hope that dealers could check and verify. That an enthusiast supporting salesperson such as yourself isn't aware makes me less annoyed that my dealer is pleading ignorance.

BTW, I am very impressed by your professional and courteous responses to inquiries. It is refreshing compared to the many other sales folks I've corresponded and spoken with. Good job.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #1500
imccrea
Focus Addict

Typically Ford will make a new announcement on FMC dealer to inform dealers of a change so I'm surprised I haven't seen it or maybe I just missed it.

Good luck with the ST, I'm sure you'll just have to have the dealership change up the pricing and ensure they receive their commission when it arrives but you'll be rolling in the ST hopefully by year end.

You should have your enrollment email that your sales person forwarded you, I did that on the one I ordered just so he can rest assured knowing his order was accepted if they are unable to provide the DORA.
Ira McCrea

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.