Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #141
voipguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85222
What I Drive: 2012 S.Grey SE Spt,4dr,Wint,MR,6sp

FF Reputation: 1 voipguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Has there been any change in the incentive rebate today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #142
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Thanks for the info. I actually remembered that I had a pdf of the first printing of the owners manual. On pg. 329 it says aluminum wheels are coated with clearcoat finish, but I'm not sure if that includes the polished alloy as well.

I'll certainly ask my dealership, but I always like to secure a second, or even third, opinion on "obscure" questions like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Never been asked this before, to the best of my knowledge there is no coating on the wheels. But I'd have to ask a wheel expert to guarantee that.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #143
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well what are you physically paying for the car? Taxes and fees vary by state and city.
actually I'm sorry $26,540 was before taxes and rebates. After taxes and all that the car is $28,858, but I've read some people have gotten the car after taxes for like $24k+ I understand state sales tax is different but a 4K difference?

I misunderstood the salesman apparently but I am a bit confused and I think I was taken to the cleaners... I already signed the retail order sheet though so I'm guessing it's to late but I was quoted $26,540 for a silver Focus with Navi, 401 Speca A, Winter Package, Handling Package, Power Moonroof... I told him I did not want the Navi and wanted it in White but they kept the same price... shouldn't I have gotten the car for $200-300 less?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #144
cappa
Focus Addict

Quote:
Well what are you physically paying for the car? Taxes and fees vary by state and city.
actually I'm sorry $26,540 was before taxes and rebates. After taxes and all that the car is $28,858, but I've read some people have gotten the car after taxes for like $24k+ I understand state sales tax is different but a 4K difference?

I misunderstood the salesman apparently but I am a bit confused and I think I was taken to the cleaners... I already signed the retail order sheet though so I'm guessing it's to late but I was quoted $26,540 for a silver Focus with Navi, 401 Speca A, Winter Package, Handling Package, Power Moonroof... I told him I did not want the Navi and wanted it in White but they kept the same price... shouldn't I have gotten the car for $200-300 less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voipguy View Post
I was just at the dealer and the salesman said no, the incentives stayed the same for the Focus.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #145
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracefan View Post
I really love the wheels that come with the handling package but I do not want the summer tires. What kind of options do I have with the dealer when I am purchasing the car?
If I get the handling package can I get all-season tires instead of summer tires?
If the car didn't have the handling package, can I swap the wheels are tires?

Posted via FF Mobile The tires are the thing that make the handlig package the handling package. The tires are Michelin pilot sports, one of the best tires out there. To answer your question, no they wouldnt be able to swap tires. You could, but that wouldnt be a good idea. And if the dealer said they would they would be scamming you. The stock tires on that package cost $306 EACH. Theyd probably make you pay extra for the all seasons. Heres what you should do, if you like the package get it and keep the tires, it really is an awesome deal. Then just get dedicated winter tires for the winter. Your better off anyway. All season dont really do anything great in any condition, they are just average. A dedicated seasonal tire will not only make your car safer, it will make it perform better as well.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #146
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voipguy View Post
As others said, no changes as of today.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #147
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Are you buying from Maplecrest Ford? Invoice is $25,680.69 on this car. If you're paying $26,540 after $500 rebate he's really discounting the vehicle only $500. You're leaving about $1,200 on the table and should be able to get this vehicle for that price as there are quite a few in your region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post

Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #148
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile ...The stock tires on that package cost $306 EACH...

Yup...and the entire package only costs $500. So in other words, you're getting sport tuned suspension and two $300 tires for free. It really is the best option for the money IMO.

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #149
Ohuigin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83056
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Metallic Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Ohuigin Good Standing Member
Hey everyone. Just checked and the "Swap Your Ride Sales Event" has been extended to the end of this month (5/31/2011). It still says that you must take from new retail delivery from dealer stock.

-B

2012 S. G. Metallic Titanium Hatch - Born on 5/10/11
Options / Customizations:
-Handling Package
-Debadged
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #150
cappa
Focus Addict

Quote:
Are you buying from Maplecrest Ford? Invoice is $25,680.69 on this car. If you're paying $26,540 after $500 rebate he's really discounting the vehicle only $500. You're leaving about $1,200 on the table and should be able to get this vehicle for that price as there are quite a few in your region.

I am paying $26,040 after the $500 rebate and I will also be using the $500 student rebate.

I already signed the retail order so there is no way I can negotiate this further? and the dealership is in Keyport, NJ. They couldn't find any Focus that I wanted in the area only in Massachusetts and if they aren't willing to trade I'd have to place an order but you say there is one in Maplecrest??

Bookmarks & Social Networks