Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 148 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #1471
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonicas View Post
Hi, I asked you a question a few weeks ago, and you were very helpful, and now I am wondering if I can have another answer or two.

I placed an order for a '12 focus SE sport with a manual transmission. I was told that I have to upgrade to a sync system, which I have no interest in. I was wondering if this is actually true? I had another dealer pull this tactic on me, and I have no interest in doing business with someone who tries these types of shenanigans.

Also, is it possible to check on the status of the $750 coupon that you apply for on Ford's website? I have filled in the forms a couple of times - the first time I got a brochure, and now I have not heard from them.

Thanks again for all your help!
according to the order guide you can get the SE Sport pkg on either the 201 or 203 pkg. 201 doesn't have Sync so you can order it that way. The 203A is just less expensive now that's probably why they are pushing it.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #1472
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grpdranger View Post
imccrea,
Just wanted to check back with you reference the vehicle I am looking for :2012 Titanium Hatchback. I attached the specs from the previous post. Thanks again!

Imccrea,
I have searched this situation and have not found a duplicate. First, I would like to thank you for the wealth of knowledge and information you have shared. It has help my wife and I solidify our decision to purchase the Focus.

My question is that I am looking to purchase in May. I would like a car that has been built in 2012 in the US plant (if possible). Below are the option we want:

2012 Titanium Hatchback
White Platinum
Moon Roof
18" alloy wheels
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No Navigation if possible
No other options

On Ford's website in the build and price area. The best possible match showed as follows:

Base MSRP: $22,305
Total Options: $3,975
Destination Charge: $795
SubTotal: $27,075
Available incentives: -$250
Net Price: $26,825

I was give a quote from a dealer through a friend of a friend for what I am looking for. The price was $25,298 plus 8% tax. I was told that this was the X Plan price (which I qualify for).

I searched around and found a couple of vehicles, one at McMahon Ford for $23,995. Last four of Vin#: 2093 and one at Bill Pierre Ford for $24,489. Last four of VIN#: 8283

Both of these listed prices are below the X Plan that I was quoted. Am I missing something here or do these prices vary this much and it all depends on the dealer? This is a very important purchase for our family. I have been researching this vehicle for 4-6 months (safety, maintainence, issues, customer satisfaction, gas mileage, etc..). I would like to make sure that I am not missing out on any possible savings.

I have been pre-qualified for the 3.9% @ 60 mos or 5.9% @ 72 mos. What rebates would I be eligible for if any that may be applied to the vehicle purchase? We were sent things in that past but, we were not ready to purchase at the time and those cupons are well expired. Our last name is Todd and we reside primarily in Arizona.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Any other constructive assitance from the members here is welcome. Thanks!

JT

JT-
Unfortunately I cannot find either of these vehicles on my dealer portal, did you find them on www.fordvehicles.com?

Sometimes dealers will quote below X plan but hit you with a dealer handling fee above the $100 cap that X plan sets out. Check into that for sure.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #1473
grpdranger
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98128
What I Drive: 1996 Ford Bronco, 2002 Powerstroke

FF Reputation: 1 grpdranger Good Standing Member
SEL or Titanium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
JT-
Unfortunately I cannot find either of these vehicles on my dealer portal, did you find them on www.fordvehicles.com?

Sometimes dealers will quote below X plan but hit you with a dealer handling fee above the $100 cap that X plan sets out. Check into that for sure.
Thanks for the reply. I found the vehicles searching through auto trader. com. They showed at various dealerships.

My wife and I rented a white/ black leather interior SEL hatch with rear park sensors and Sync. We drove from Phoenix to San Diego. What an outstanding vehicle. We will be driving back today home today.

So my question now becomes SEL with the options we want same as the Titanium or go with the Titanium as listed in my original post. What are your thoughts on this?

What should I be looking to spendig for the following (ball park good deal):

2012 Titanium Hatchback
White Platinum
Moon Roof
18" alloy wheels
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No other options

and is it possible to get the SEL in the following configuration:

2012 SEL Hatchback
White Platinum
Moon Roof
**18" alloy wheels**
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No other options

I really like the look of the 18" wheels. Last are there any new discounts or possible coupons? Thanks again for all your help.

JT
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #1474
nbartosz
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95424
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 nbartosz Good Standing Member
Hey JT, I'm not a sales guy but i was looking for that same car when i bought mine, and right now a dealer in San Jose is offering $4,000 off on Titanium Focuses. I know its a ways away but it gives you an idea what deals are out there. Here is a link so you can see for yourself. Once again not a sales guy, just thought it might help! . BTW They don't have stupids fees either i bought from them and they didn't do any advertisement fee or anything stupid like that, the only fee they charged me was a $55.00 documentation prep. fee.

http://www.frontierford.com/inventor...Page/10/page/1
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #1475
grpdranger
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbartosz View Post
Hey JT, I'm not a sales guy but i was looking for that same car when i bought mine, and right now a dealer in San Jose is offering $4,000 off on Titanium Focuses. I know its a ways away but it gives you an idea what deals are out there. Here is a link so you can see for yourself. Once again not a sales guy, just thought it might help! . BTW They don't have stupids fees either i bought from them and they didn't do any advertisement fee or anything stupid like that, the only fee they charged me was a $55.00 documentation prep. fee.

http://www.frontierford.com/inventor...Page/10/page/1
As soon as I get home I will look that up. Thanks!! Right now will be enjoying the trip back to phoenix. What a great little car!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #1476
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I found the vehicles searching through auto trader. com. They showed at various dealerships.

My wife and I rented a white/ black leather interior SEL hatch with rear park sensors and Sync. We drove from Phoenix to San Diego. What an outstanding vehicle. We will be driving back today home today.

So my question now becomes SEL with the options we want same as the Titanium or go with the Titanium as listed in my original post. What are your thoughts on this?

What should I be looking to spendig for the following (ball park good deal):

2012 Titanium Hatchback
White Platinum
Moon Roof
18" alloy wheels
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No other options

and is it possible to get the SEL in the following configuration:

2012 SEL Hatchback
White Platinum
Moon Roof
**18" alloy wheels**
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No other options

I really like the look of the 18" wheels. Last are there any new discounts or possible coupons? Thanks again for all your help.

JT
You might run into the issue of finding this vehicle without all the add ons. I found one in Austin, TX (closest one to me) and it has an MSRP of $26,280.
Now you can get $4,000 off if you qualify for the rebates, that's how we advertise the crazy prices sometimes is you must meet such and such criteria. Sometimes if you have great rebates you can get more than $4,000 off (another member here qualifies for $3,000 in rebates currently).

I'd say anything under $23,000 is decent on this exact vehicle, but once again trying to find one locally could be challenging.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #1477
grpdranger
Focus Rookie

Quote:
You might run into the issue of finding this vehicle without all the add ons. I found one in Austin, TX (closest one to me) and it has an MSRP of $26,280.
Now you can get $4,000 off if you qualify for the rebates, that's how we advertise the crazy prices sometimes is you must meet such and such criteria. Sometimes if you have great rebates you can get more than $4,000 off (another member here qualifies for $3,000 in rebates currently).

I'd say anything under $23,000 is decent on this exact vehicle, but once again trying to find one locally could be challenging.
Thanks again. A couple other questions. Would the under 23k mark be good for the titanium or sel with the previous selected options? Also, how do I find out what rebates I am eligible for? Once again I appreciate the help. It will be nice once we get our focus. The wife is excited especially after our san diego trip.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #1478
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Thanks again. A couple other questions. Would the under 23k mark be good for the titanium or sel with the previous selected options? Also, how do I find out what rebates I am eligible for? Once again I appreciate the help. It will be nice once we get our focus. The wife is excited especially after our san diego trip.
I'd need last name and zip to see if you qualify for any additional incentives. Most customers are looking at $1,750 if they have a trade in or at least $1,000.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #1479
grpdranger
Focus Rookie

Quote:
I'd need last name and zip to see if you qualify for any additional incentives. Most customers are looking at $1,750 if they have a trade in or at least $1,000.
Last name is Todd. My zip is 85209. I don't have a trade. I am a first time buyer. Military vet and current LEO. Thanks for the checking !
Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #1480
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Last name is Todd. My zip is 85209. I don't have a trade. I am a first time buyer. Military vet and current LEO. Thanks for the checking !
LEO=Lease end owner?

You have $1,000 customer cash and if you are a current Ford lease owner an additional $500, if you are in a competitive lease also $500. You do not have to terminate lease to qualify for the $500 competitive lease.
Ira McCrea

Bookmarks & Social Networks