Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 144 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #1431
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurb23 View Post
I was able to find the following Focus:
  • Red Candy metallic
  • Titanium
  • auto transmission
  • charcoal black leather
  • Titanium premium package
  • rear parking aid sensor
  • rain sensitive wipers
  • parking technology package
  • automated parking system
  • rear view camera
  • 18" alloy wheels
  • sport suspension
  • full size spare wheel
  • power moonroof
  • MyFord Touch
  • HD radio
  • Navigation

I got quoted a price of $22,900 through the USAA car buying service and available incentives. Do you think I'd be able to get a better price via employee discount (my cousin works for Ford).
What is MSRP on it?

I found one that is $28,140 invoice is $26,315, I don't see how you are getting another $3,400 off of that with incentives unless you have $2,000 rebate.

That's basically $2,500 below A plan.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #1432
blurb23
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98677
What I Drive: 2012 Cayenne Red Nissan Rogue

FF Reputation: 1 blurb23 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
What is MSRP on it?

I found one that is $28,140 invoice is $26,315, I don't see how you are getting another $3,400 off of that with incentives unless you have $2,000 rebate.

That's basically $2,500 below A plan.
I actually have no idea what the MSRP is nor how I'm getting that extra $2,500 below A plan, heh.

All I know is, I plugged in the options I wanted into the USAA Car Buying Service, selected the available incentives + $500 military discount and then ended up with an email from a dealership saying that they'll sell it to me for that price, plus about $1,000 in tax/title/whatever fees.

I'm not trading anything in, so the price isn't coming from that.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #1433
asting
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98342
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Blk Met Focus 5d Sport

Points 509, Level 10
Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10 Points: 509, Level: 10
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 asting Good Standing Member
To anyone thinking about getting a car or dealing with Ira, go for it. He's a stand up guy, and will go the extra mile to try and work things out for you. You'll also probably do much better than if you bought through the dealer. In short, he's awesome. Who else is willing to answer all these questions?!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #1434
Bimmer-Bob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98064
What I Drive: 2010 BMW 128i; 2012 Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 3 Bimmer-Bob Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurb23 View Post
I actually have no idea what the MSRP is nor how I'm getting that extra $2,500 below A plan, heh.

All I know is, I plugged in the options I wanted into the USAA Car Buying Service, selected the available incentives + $500 military discount and then ended up with an email from a dealership saying that they'll sell it to me for that price, plus about $1,000 in tax/title/whatever fees.

I'm not trading anything in, so the price isn't coming from that.
What's your sales tax rate? I would think that tax alone would be greater than $1000. Mine will be almost twice that on a lower MSRP, but we pay 8.25% here.

I was pretty set on using USAA's Car Buying Service, but Ira's price came in several hundred dollars lower, and dealing with him has been incredibly easy. He answers probably dozens of forum posts and emails a day, pretty promptly, and gets right down to the nitty gritty if you ask for a price. The local salesmen I test drove with wanted to go through a whole song and dance that I didn't have time for and constantly shied away from talking figures (I don't understand how you sell cars that way, but whatever).

I'm curious to know if the USAA service would be just as easy or not. Besides the fact that Ira's price was simply better, I kind of thought that I would just get emails from local dealers trying to sell me similarly speced vehicles from dealer stock rather than just ordering me what I wanted.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #1435
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Hi! I'm wondering if you can answer a couple questions about the ST.

I have a great local dealer and we've done a lot of business in the last few years (2007 F150 FX4, 2009 Mustang GT Convertible, and a 2011 Mustang 5.0 hardtop). They have expressed that they would help me get a new ST at the lowest possible price. We are A-plan customers when it's available.

They can not tell me at this point if I'll be able to get A-plan or not (initially they said yes, but since then they have backed off that). He said if the plans are not available, they will sell it to me at close to invoice.

I guess my question is, how much UNDER invoice typically is A-plan (or Z-plan). I'd like to be one of the first people to have the car, but not at a $1500 penalty. I will wait a year for the plans to become available if that's what I have to do. If it's only $500 or so extra to get it now, I'll do it.

Thoughts? I know you probably don't have an exact A-plan price, but is it generally a certain amount below invoice?

Thanks
Robb
Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #1436
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

1. A couple more questions - on the pricing sheet for the ST, They list a cost for the ST3 package (Retail $4840) and then underneath it says "Equipment group 202A discount, $405. So does the cost of that package become $4435? Or is that an assumed cost that you save over buying the options in non package form (which would be impossible since they aren't offered that way).

2. On the deal sheet they want me to sign, there are some fees listed - are any of these not legit for an A-plan customer?

Title Fee - $15
License Fee - $150
Doc Fee - $95
Lien filing fee - $10

I'm in the state of Iowa if that matters.

Thanks for your help, it's great to be an educated consumer. I do understand dealers need to make a profit, I just want to make sure I understand what I'm paying before I order this car. If it winds up being a significant amount over A-plan, I'll probably wait.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #1437
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgonyer View Post
1. A couple more questions - on the pricing sheet for the ST, They list a cost for the ST3 package (Retail $4840) and then underneath it says "Equipment group 202A discount, $405. So does the cost of that package become $4435? Or is that an assumed cost that you save over buying the options in non package form (which would be impossible since they aren't offered that way).

2. On the deal sheet they want me to sign, there are some fees listed - are any of these not legit for an A-plan customer?

Title Fee - $15
License Fee - $150
Doc Fee - $95
Lien filing fee - $10

I'm in the state of Iowa if that matters.

Thanks for your help, it's great to be an educated consumer. I do understand dealers need to make a profit, I just want to make sure I understand what I'm paying before I order this car. If it winds up being a significant amount over A-plan, I'll probably wait.
It's up to the dealer, we were told 8,500 ST's will be made. I went to my GSM and I can do a few A/Z/D plan deals on the ST. It is typically $800-$1,000 below invoice. You are correct on the price of ST2.
The fees are going to limit Dealer Handling, we charge $100 on any plan deal here. The other fees are for loan origination and titling fee. Depends on the state really, we charge $27.20 but for out of state you pay when you get plates for it.

If they won't honor A plan let me know, we can help.
Ira McCrea
Old 05-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #1438
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks very much for your help. I'm glad there's finally a definitive answer on the plans being up to the dealer or not. I was under the impression that there would not be an A/Z/D plan price listed on the paperwork initially which would keep the dealers from selling them on the plans. I think as long as it's available for the dealer to offer me, they will. If they won't I will certainly get in touch with you!

Thanks
Robb
Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #1439
Click650
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98742
What I Drive: 12 Focus Candy Red w Arctic White

FF Reputation: 1 Click650 Good Standing Member
Smile Thanks Imccrea

Wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed get my Candy Red FF Hatch Titanium this week. Was able to snag an X-Plan Pin from a relative and got one way more loaded than the previous wrecked Candy Blue. Trying to load pics now. :o) Thanks for all your help imccrea! My insurance totaled the previous car (I had it less than 30 days) and paid the previous car off in full.

Mine is:
2012 MODEL YEAR
RED CANDY METALLIC TINTED CC <-- I really thought the tint would be darker.
ARCTIC WHITE LTHR-TRIM SEATS
INTER STYLE PKG-ARCTIC WHITE
FLOOR MATS PREMIUM
DR SILL SCUFF PLATE*DLR-INSTL ←This is cool looking!
WINTER PACKAGE
HEATED SEATS
PWR/HTD MIRR W/APPROACH LIGHT
PARKING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE ←This is just
AUTOMATED PARKING SYS(SAPP)
REAR VIEW CAMERA
FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
18" ALLOY WHEELS
SPORT SUSPENSION
FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL
R18 235X40 SUMMER ONLY TIRES
50 STATE EMISSIONS
POWER MOONROOF
MYFORD TOUCH/HD SIRIUS/NAV
I look forward to doing mods that include tinting, remote start, deflectors for windows, hood and moonroof, and mud flaps to start.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #1440
imccrea
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click650 View Post
Wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed get my Candy Red FF Hatch Titanium this week. Was able to snag an X-Plan Pin from a relative and got one way more loaded than the previous wrecked Candy Blue. Trying to load pics now. :o) Thanks for all your help imccrea! My insurance totaled the previous car (I had it less than 30 days) and paid the previous car off in full.

Mine is:
2012 MODEL YEAR
RED CANDY METALLIC TINTED CC <-- I really thought the tint would be darker.
ARCTIC WHITE LTHR-TRIM SEATS
INTER STYLE PKG-ARCTIC WHITE
FLOOR MATS PREMIUM
DR SILL SCUFF PLATE*DLR-INSTL ←This is cool looking!
WINTER PACKAGE
HEATED SEATS
PWR/HTD MIRR W/APPROACH LIGHT
PARKING TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE ←This is just
AUTOMATED PARKING SYS(SAPP)
REAR VIEW CAMERA
FLOOR MATS ALL WEATHER
18" ALLOY WHEELS
SPORT SUSPENSION
FULL SIZE SPARE WHEEL
R18 235X40 SUMMER ONLY TIRES
50 STATE EMISSIONS
POWER MOONROOF
MYFORD TOUCH/HD SIRIUS/NAV
I look forward to doing mods that include tinting, remote start, deflectors for windows, hood and moonroof, and mud flaps to start.
did it come out of Oklahoma by chance?
Ira McCrea

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.