Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 123 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #1221
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintX View Post
Hi imccrea,
First off, I've been eyeing this thread for some time but finally just joined and wanted to thank you for helping everyone in here. Secondly, I'm in the market for a 2012 Focus Titanium either in black, Sterling gray, or sonic blue with the 401a option and the Nav option. Would you be able to check in my area to see if anything is available in my area? I'm debating on using x plan or the Costco auto program but there is a dealer, actually 2 dealers that have "internet prices" that are below what I would pay with x plan. What would you suggest?

Thank you in advance!
I'd need to know hatch or sedan, also any additional options and interior color choice?

X Plan is good if you have higher dealer fees in your area, Costco is usually below X plan but you have to account for all fees with that.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #1222
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 11 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
@immcrea.........why would you advise not to add Handling Package for someone living in a snow belt area?
I have to assume that you mention this because of the handling package including summer tires and not the usual all-season used in North America.
Is it not normal for drivers in the USA whom live in the snow belt areas to install winter tires for the winter season?

I have never heard of a vehicle with sport suspension being any worse in snowy conditions over a normal suspension set up if the correct tires are installed.

Colorado BMW drivers must be suffering this "dead possum" syndrome you speak of.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #1223
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
@immcrea.........why would you advise not to add Handling Package for someone living in a snow belt area?
I have to assume that you mention this because of the handling package including summer tires and not the usual all-season used in North America.
Is it not normal for drivers in the USA whom live in the snow belt areas to install winter tires for the winter season?

I have never heard of a vehicle with sport suspension being any worse in snowy conditions over a normal suspension set up if the correct tires are installed.

Colorado BMW drivers must be suffering this "dead possum" syndrome you speak of.
Well part of the reason is driver ability. But secondly some do not want to run 2 sets of tires. 18" snow tires are more than capable but some Focus owners do not have the capacity to run 2 sets (financially, storage, etc).

I've owned a 335I and ran all seasons on the 18" tires and did fine, it's just an added cost to some that you have to factor in.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #1224
SaintX
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95338
What I Drive: Future focus owner

FF Reputation: 1 SaintX Good Standing Member
I would want a hatchback with a charcoal leather interior. Only other option would be the navigation.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #1225
BruceG
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94802
What I Drive: 2002 Audi TT

FF Reputation: 1 BruceG Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
yes you can

That was the answer I was looking for :)

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #1226
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintX View Post
I would want a hatchback with a charcoal leather interior. Only other option would be the navigation.
you are not going to be able to find one you'll have to order. Everything with nav has at least upgraded wheels, moonroof, etc so they are all $500 or more than how you have it equipped.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #1227
ford_contour
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95298
What I Drive: '00 SVT Contour, '12 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 ford_contour Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hatch or sedan?
You'll always get a better deal when in stock unless you are A/D/Z plan. You cannot get DRL on a retail order Focus. You need a fleet order code to get DRL's but from what I've heard there is a way to get DRL by modifying some electrical component (for Canadian use of course). Remote start is dealer installed correct.
Looks like it's gonna be a sedan after all.
I got a quote from Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ, $23,555.00+tx for a Black Ti Sedan in stock, 401A with Winter and Sunroof, no remote start and no NAV. He said I could get an additional $2,500 off if I finance it elsewhere (not taking the Ford' 2.9%/60mo). He has an SEL, pretty much identical, for $500 ish less ($22,975, before $2500 rebate and taxes), also in stock.

Do you know if that $2500 rebate runs off at the end of the month?

Thank you for your help!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #1228
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_contour View Post
Looks like it's gonna be a sedan after all.
I got a quote from Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ, $23,555.00+tx for a Black Ti Sedan in stock, 401A with Winter and Sunroof, no remote start and no NAV. He said I could get an additional $2,500 off if I finance it elsewhere (not taking the Ford' 2.9%/60mo). He has an SEL, pretty much identical, for $500 ish less ($22,975, before $2500 rebate and taxes), also in stock.

Do you know if that $2500 rebate runs off at the end of the month?

Thank you for your help!
I'm only seeing a $2,000 rebate. Is there any reason you can't get 4.9% or lower through a bank and take the $2,000 rebate in lieu of the 2.9%?

2.9% honestly isn't the best rate to be giving up a $2,000 rebate for.
Ira McCrea
Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #1229
ford_contour
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95298
What I Drive: '00 SVT Contour, '12 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 ford_contour Good Standing Member
Quote:
I'm only seeing a $2,000 rebate. Is there any reason you can't get 4.9% or lower through a bank and take the $2,000 rebate in lieu of the 2.9%?

2.9% honestly isn't the best rate to be giving up a $2,000 rebate for.
That was my reasoning too, $2000 would pay for the interest on any loan up to 5% if my maths are good. I'm gonna look around to see what I can get with a couple banks and credit unions, looks like the best way to go.

I was surprised too about the $2500, but I had the guy write it down and confirm it twice. Hopefully it won't be a case of rebates he thew in but I didn't qualify for.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #1230
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Whats the sales tax for CO?

Bookmarks & Social Networks