Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 121 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #1201
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I haggled on an ordered car. I order my car before any TI's were delivered. The dealer will always rather you take a car off their floor plan ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #1202
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
203A package.

Im a contract employee at Dicks Sporting Goods so im not sure if ill be able to take advantage of X-Plan since I get my paychecks from a different company. Lets say X-plan is out of the picture, will I be able to haggle on an ordered car?

Name Jerry Taylor Ford Sales Inc
Address One Taylor Plaza, Route 58 West
City Grove City
State PA
Postal Code 16127
Phone (724) 748-4790

However it also has the moonroof, and interior package in tuscany. MSRP $23,640. X plan $22,395. This is the only one in PA. There are only 5 in the entire US that are gray 203 with manual trans and winter pkg.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #1203
thisiskevin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95067
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 thisiskevin Good Standing Member
Thank you very much!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #1204
chowman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95078
What I Drive: 2001, Tan Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 chowman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
200,201, or 202?
200 please, thx
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #1205
BruceG
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94802
What I Drive: 2002 Audi TT

FF Reputation: 1 BruceG Good Standing Member
I'll echo the thanks of many others....great forum, great thread.

In the 95150 area code, considering a 2012 Focus Ti. I am eligible for X Plan, and have $500 brochure cash (thanks to this forum!). May I use both along with the current $2K rebate?

Thanks very much.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #1206
maklaka
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95274
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium - Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 maklaka Good Standing Member
Any special incentives for Jones in area code 15017?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #1207
MovingtoCO
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95262
What I Drive: 2006 Silver Nissan Frontier

FF Reputation: 1 MovingtoCO Good Standing Member
imccrea - I am brand new to this forum, but in briefly reading through this thread, it's clear you have become a true resource for people. Thank you for giving your time and knowledge.

Ironically enough, you are probably the perfect person to field my question, so here goes:

I currently live in Los Angeles, but expect to relocate to Denver in the next 6-8 weeks. I am looking to buy a new car (I currently drive a 2WD Nissan Frontier, which I love, but is not likely to fare well in the snow/sleet) and I'm seriously considering a Focus 5-Door SEL or Titanium (also considering a Hyundai Tucscon and maybe the new Mazda CX-5). I plan to sell the Nissan before I move and have almost no intention of trying to sell it in CO. My question is should I purchase the new car in LA before I move or buy it in Denver after I move. These are the things I have in mind:

1) Unless I am saving enough on the car where it makes sense, I'd rather not pay registration twice (in CA and CO) and certainly don't want to pay sales tax twice. Is it possible to buy a car in CA and then register it in CO? Can I negotiate with dealers in CA and then take delivery in CO? Or should I forget CA altogether and simply focus on buying it in CO?

2) One factor motivating me to look into getting the Focus in the next few weeks is the $2,000 manufacturer's cash back that appears to be valid through 3/5/2012 in CA.

Do you (or others) have any insight on the above? Are there other things I am forgetting?

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #1208
ford_contour
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95298
What I Drive: '00 SVT Contour, '12 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 ford_contour Good Standing Member
I'm looking to buy a 2012 Focus Titanium with the following:
-Black exterior
-401A
-Black on Black Leather
-Moonroof
-Winter package
-Sync w/NAV
-Remote start if possible (dealer install right?)
Either around 07071 or 11704.
Would probably finance through Ford, buy @ 60mo if I can get cash back and best rate at the same time. I would prefer to order it, unless they have the exact model in stock. Will I get a better deal if I pick one from the lot?

Also, I know it's not offered in NY/NJ, but is it possible to get DRLs and block heater as a special order? I'll bring the car back to Canada in a year or 2 when I move back, and it would be one less hassle to deal with at that point.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #1209
hunter48820
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95319
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium HB, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 hunter48820 Good Standing Member
Hi All,
I'm interested in a Focus Titanium 5 door. Will be visiting the dealer on Tuesday. I've seen a little about the Focus ST but haven't found any up to date info on it. Is it available yet? Any idea of price? I see that they were stating it would be in the area of $27,000 in one early article that I read from last year.

I get the X plan through my mother in law. Do you still get to use any incentives and/or rebates when using the X plan?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by hunter48820; 02-19-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: add info
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #1210
schlosk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95332
What I Drive: 2000 Red Ford Taurus SE

FF Reputation: 1 schlosk Good Standing Member
Focus SE manual transmission deals

Good morning. Thanks for being willing to give advice on this! I am currently in the market for a 2012 SE Focus, manual transmission (preferably in Ingot Silver or Sterling Gray) with option package 201A. I am in zip code 19454. I also have a Z-plan pin. It seems like somewhat of a challenge to find manual transmissions. I have a quote from one dealership for a Red hatch, manual transmission with 201A for $15915 including all incentives and the Z-plan. I'm not in a complete hurry, I probably want the car by late spring. Is now the best time as far as incentives and rebates? Should I be able to get close to that price by ordering a car (in the correct color)? Is there an easy way to search inventory, even within a 50 mile radius of here? Any advice would be excellent. Thanks again!

Bookmarks & Social Networks