Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 120 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #1191
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remnant King View Post
I hope you can help me once again.

I am looking at 2011 Focus SES. Coupe preferred and fully loaded.

What can I be expecting to be paying for one, and do they really try to get rid of 2011 cars to make room for the newer models? I was going to wait till May in order to sell my car and buy a used one, but if I can trade in my car now and finance a new 2011, I'd rather do that during my Spring Break.

Any idea what they usually give in on trade ins? Or does it depend?

I really appreciate your help, and sorry if I am asking too much.
The 2012 Focus has been out so long that you'll be hard pressed to find a 2011 SES. You will not find a coupe (stopped making them after 2010). If you're after the "good deal" a 2012 is upwards of $2,500 in rebates and a depending who you ask a better car.

If you like the 2011 body style I will recommend a CPO Focus 2010 or 2011. You can get one as low as $12,500 and get a 7 year/100k powertrain warranty good from Long Beach to Long Island. As far as trade in, every dealer differs.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #1192
pkj099
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94997
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pkj099 Good Standing Member
Hi there!

I think the way your helping this forum is AWESOME btw :)

I'm looking for a 2012 Focus Titanium Sedan with NO options. (maybe the only option i'd consider is either the pearl white or the orange paint for an extra $500).

My zip code is 60056. Could you tell me A good negotiated CASH price on a titanium focus with no options? (if i want one in a premium color i assume itll be 400-500 more then what your telling me)

In addition, if I had to order one (auto or the new 5spd option), are they the same price or can i negotiate more off a manual? If i wanted to order a 5spd titanium sedan with no options what do you think the best deal I could get would be?

Only colors i'd be interestd in are tuxedo black, sonic blue, that pearl white tricolor, and the yellow/orange one.

P.S. I have a costco exec membership and am elgible for Xplan if necessary. Which method yields the best result?

Thoughts? Opinions? And yes I want to pay fully in cash, I hope that can leverage me a better deal.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #1193
Buzzzy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95176
What I Drive: 2006 Prius

FF Reputation: 1 Buzzzy Good Standing Member
I have learned a lot in this thread.

I'm close to buying the following. I'm in 92845

2012 Titanium in ingot silver
401a
I wanted leather and nav. I don't need a sunroof or parking package...not needed.

I wonder what's a better deal for me. A true car quote from a dealer was $21080. My neighbor who work for Ford says he can get me the X plan.

I want to do a 3 year/15k lease.

What should I do? What's my best move?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #1194
Buzzzy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95176
What I Drive: 2006 Prius

FF Reputation: 1 Buzzzy Good Standing Member
My bad. It was a hatch. Not a sedan
Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #1195
Claud95
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94500
What I Drive: 2003 Volkswagen Golf (quicksilver)

FF Reputation: 1 Claud95 Good Standing Member
I Am looking at buying a 2002 Ford Focus SVT with 124,000 miles. the guy says it is making a weird noise in the back, he thinks its a bearing. what do you think it could be? if its a bearing, how much do those cost to replace?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #1196
pkj099
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94997
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 pkj099 Good Standing Member
^Dude he said hes a car salesman, not a mechanic :)
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #1197
Claud95
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94500
What I Drive: 2003 Volkswagen Golf (quicksilver)

FF Reputation: 1 Claud95 Good Standing Member
lol i realized that. thanks :D
Old 02-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #1198
thisiskevin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95067
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 thisiskevin Good Standing Member
First off, thanks for doing all of this. This is a great thread with tons of great info!

-Would you be able to tell me if there are any special incentives for area code, 15236?
-With the X-Plan, do you need to show any proof of employment?
-I was planning on ordering a car (not having it built, but having the dealer search inventory). When I go this route, can I still haggle on the price, or is it set in stone since they are going to special lengths to acquire the vehicle.
- What is the cost, if any, for the dealer to locate a vehicle not on their lot. I would imagine that they would have some kind of locate and delivery fee but is there a ballpark cost?
-Would you be able to find me a 2012 5-door SE sport with a manual 5-speed, Sync, winter package, Sterling gray with black interior and 17” machined and painted wheels (or 16" with painted pockets) around 15236?

Again, thanks for all of your help!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #1199
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
First off, thanks for doing all of this. This is a great thread with tons of great info!

-Would you be able to tell me if there are any special incentives for area code, 15236? looks like a minimum of $1,500 and bonus $500 if you finance through FMC
-With the X-Plan, do you need to show any proof of employment? you will need a paystub, insurance card, ID badget, etc.
-I was planning on ordering a car (not having it built, but having the dealer search inventory). When I go this route, can I still haggle on the price, or is it set in stone since they are going to special lengths to acquire the vehicle. X-Plan is no haggle so don't tell them you're Xplan and then haggle. You can negotiate a better deal on X-Plan but keep in mind dealer fees you may have to pay.
- What is the cost, if any, for the dealer to locate a vehicle not on their lot. I would imagine that they would have some kind of locate and delivery fee but is there a ballpark cost?I recently traded for a vehicle out of Iowa and we had to send them a vehicle and they sent one back. Transporation ran $1,250 for both vehicles. Usually dealers try to get that from the customer but we paid for it on this deal. Depends on the dealer if they charge you or not.
-Would you be able to find me a 2012 5-door SE sport with a manual 5-speed, Sync, winter package, Sterling gray with black interior and 17 machined and painted wheels (or 16" with painted pockets) around 15236?I'd need to know PEP pkg (200,201, etc).

Again, thanks for all of your help!
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 02-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #1200
thisiskevin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95067
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sport 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 thisiskevin Good Standing Member
203A package.

Im a contract employee at Dicks Sporting Goods so im not sure if ill be able to take advantage of X-Plan since I get my paychecks from a different company. Lets say X-plan is out of the picture, will I be able to haggle on an ordered car?

Bookmarks & Social Networks