Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 113 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #1121
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky View Post
Other thing I just thought about was I've actually had a hard time shopping for Fords.. not sure if it's a Ford versus GM customer service thing or just bad luck but not giving up on Ford just seems more difficult to navigate a Ford purchase..

On this vehicle (not the first new one), after some research, went online an built two GM and one Ford vehicle, entered my contact info (real #, name, everything) and requested some quotes via the Ford & Chevy websites..

Next business day had two quotes (for below dealer invoice) on the Chevy's.. Got an automated email from a Ford dealer stating they'd get back to me soon...

Called the Chevy Salesguy who sent the quote and shot the shit, said I'd stop by for test drives when I had the chance.

A day later or so got a call from Ford customer service asking how my experience was.. I said it was poor, dealer X no response. They wanted me to arrange an appointment. I said OK but I want to know if they have X vehicle on the lot (namely a Focus with a manual), said they would check.. Next day another call from Ford, trying to confirm my appointment, again requested they confirm the vehicle I wanted as on the lot and to have a salesperson contact me.. nothing back to that effect. Got an email from the dealer about some vans that just came in...

Next day off went to the Chevy dealer, met the salesguy, and took vehicles for test drives.. He gave me a quote on paper.. Went to Ford dealer X, was greeted by a salesperson who walked me around the lot, couldn't find a manual, didn't offer to take one of the 2012 auto's out for a test drive or even unlock them, then attempted to sell me a Subaru WRX trade-in.. Gave him my contact details, no word since..

Went online and found a Ford dealer w/ a manual Focus, showed up, again greeted, let him know I was interested in a Focus manual, he showed me one.. I said "well I'd like to take it for a test drive".. he said "well do you just want to drive it?" (WTF?? its not a Ferrari) I said "well not even going to consider buying one until I test drive it".. he says "oh ok we can go for a short test drive but I will need your license".. 5 minutes later he comes out and we go for a about a 2 mile test drive.. I said I really liked the car..

I explained what options I was interested in (above the S model we took), he mentioned we could order one if something couldn't be located... I said "well I'm interested in seeing what the numbers look like in reality".. He said they were too short handed and couldn't do it at that time, took my contact information and notes of what I was looking for, then never got back to me...

If I arrived in a 1985 s-10 blazer wearing a "I wish I was black" shirt wreaking of booze I could understand, but I showed up in a fairly modern '06 (sure, a GM truck) fairly respectable looking vehicle, looking/acting fairly respectable etc.. no millionaire but I make 100K+, could have bought anything on the lot that day..

Every other time I've showed up at a dealership their goals seem to be Step 1 test drive, Step 2 provide "deal", Step 3 attempt to close.. Provide contact # and they are going to call back.. nothing out of these guys.

Anyway, is there some Ford secret handshake I need to know about or do these two dealers (and the online system) just suck?

Thanks,

Jon
Sounds to me like smaller dealers, I actually get half a unit count if you order a vehicle so I'm more than happy to order vehicles when they are tough to find. Seems like you just received a crappy dealer a few times. We are in a today business as the car you order we don't get paid on until 60-100 days from now so it's tough to get motivated sometimes.

Did you mention you are X-Plan, sometimes that motivates the dealership because pricing is simple. Also regarding what you are looking for, sedan or hatch? We have tons of these here in my region that's unfortunate you don't have any there. Can always take a roadtrip!
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #1122
leaky
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92805
Location: Newton, NH
What I Drive: GMC

Posts: 17
FF Reputation: 1 leaky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Sounds to me like smaller dealers, I actually get half a unit count if you order a vehicle so I'm more than happy to order vehicles when they are tough to find. Seems like you just received a crappy dealer a few times. We are in a today business as the car you order we don't get paid on until 60-100 days from now so it's tough to get motivated sometimes.

Did you mention you are X-Plan, sometimes that motivates the dealership because pricing is simple. Also regarding what you are looking for, sedan or hatch? We have tons of these here in my region that's unfortunate you don't have any there. Can always take a roadtrip!
Looking for a sedan. Didn't mention x-plan.. Can you use other incentives with it? Would kill a day getting if someone had the right car on the lot.

There very well may be one someplace around here, Ford's regular website doesn't have an option to filter/sort by transmission so one needs to bring up a bunch of Focus SE's then manually open each window sticker to verify transmission. Since I want a manual that's been the deal breaker..

I assume dealers have a better way of searching inventory? Based on my experience so far I'd assume these guys haven't checked.

Thanks,

Jon
leaky is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #1123
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky View Post
Looking for a sedan. Didn't mention x-plan.. Can you use other incentives with it? Would kill a day getting if someone had the right car on the lot.

There very well may be one someplace around here, Ford's regular website doesn't have an option to filter/sort by transmission so one needs to bring up a bunch of Focus SE's then manually open each window sticker to verify transmission. Since I want a manual that's been the deal breaker..

I assume dealers have a better way of searching inventory? Based on my experience so far I'd assume these guys haven't checked.

Thanks,

Jon
We search a lot easier, you can search dealer by dealer but the process is tedious (Chrysler utilitizes the same search). I browsed the closest 3 dealers to your zip code and their inventory is horrible. All have less than 20 Focus sitting on the lot (1 only has 3).

You need to go to a big city to find better inventory, a dealer with 50+ Focus is more willing to be a better dealer.
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #1124
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88165
Location: Treasure State, MT
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

Posts: 289
FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I found Edmunds to be somewhat helpful in searching. You can search up to 500 miles away, by trim level, colors, and features (including transmission type). I say "somewhat" helpful because not all dealer inventory shows up, and I noticed that some Yellow Blaze cars in the search were actually White Platinum instead. Your results may vary....
__________________
2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatchback; 400A and Winter Package; M&P wheels.
kelscar is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #1125
leaky
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92805
Location: Newton, NH
What I Drive: GMC

Posts: 17
FF Reputation: 1 leaky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
We search a lot easier, you can search dealer by dealer but the process is tedious (Chrysler utilitizes the same search). I browsed the closest 3 dealers to your zip code and their inventory is horrible. All have less than 20 Focus sitting on the lot (1 only has 3).

You need to go to a big city to find better inventory, a dealer with 50+ Focus is more willing to be a better dealer.
Thanks, much appreciated!

Any chance you could check around Boston?

Jon
leaky is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #1126
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky View Post
Thanks, much appreciated!

Any chance you could check around Boston?

Jon
specific colors & options? I can see.
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:33 PM   #1127
leaky
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92805
Location: Newton, NH
What I Drive: GMC

Posts: 17
FF Reputation: 1 leaky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
specific colors & options? I can see.
Sorry, thought you saw my previous post..

2012 Focus SE
Black preferable, Gray, White, Silver OK, anything bright like red deal breaker
201A (need cruise control, deal breaker)
Manual Transmission (deal breaker)
SE Sport Package
17" Machined & Painted Wheels
leaky is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #1128
leaky
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92805
Location: Newton, NH
What I Drive: GMC

Posts: 17
FF Reputation: 1 leaky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelscar View Post
I found Edmunds to be somewhat helpful in searching. You can search up to 500 miles away, by trim level, colors, and features (including transmission type). I say "somewhat" helpful because not all dealer inventory shows up, and I noticed that some Yellow Blaze cars in the search were actually White Platinum instead. Your results may vary....
Thanks, will give that a shot.
leaky is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #1129
Timbo64
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Fan#: 92890
Location: Decatur, AL
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus SE Sport 5 Door

Posts: 43
FF Reputation: 1 Timbo64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Can you please tell me any information about incentives on a new 2011 Focus. We bought a new 2012 Fusion several months ago and I also asked the salesman about the 2011 Focus for my wife. He told me that because the 2012 Focus was selling so well that no one wanted a new 2011 model so they trans them to other dealers. There are several new 2011 Focus with in a 100 or so mile radius of me and I was just wondering what Ford was offering to the dealers to get rid of them. I love the way a 2011 Focus SE S looks. Thanks!
Timbo64 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #1130
imccrea
FF Affiliate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 85212
Location: Aurora, CO
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

Posts: 1,012
FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo64 View Post
Can you please tell me any information about incentives on a new 2011 Focus. We bought a new 2012 Fusion several months ago and I also asked the salesman about the 2011 Focus for my wife. He told me that because the 2012 Focus was selling so well that no one wanted a new 2011 model so they trans them to other dealers. There are several new 2011 Focus with in a 100 or so mile radius of me and I was just wondering what Ford was offering to the dealers to get rid of them. I love the way a 2011 Focus SE S looks. Thanks!
Ford final paid the 2011 so I think you have a $2,000 rebate.
__________________
Ford Internet Director
Glad to help anyone
---------------------------
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
imccrea is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.