Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 111 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #1101
empowah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91459
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 1 empowah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
The max incentive you can receive is $1,500 ($500 customer, $500 FMC, $500 private/college). Cannot combine all of them.
Thanks! I ended up purchasing at invoice + $331 advertising assessment fee - $500 customer - $500 college at 0.9% for 36 months

I was a bit suspicious when the salesman took my printout with the $500 private offer PIN and never returned it. Wonder if it's remotely possible that they pocketed that offer through some slick paperwork.

In hindsight, I should have just stuck with X-Plan. At $100 over invoice, it would have saved me $200 (no fees) and lots of time and negotiating. Dealer would probably have gotten a bigger commission/holdback, too. But I misread the fine print and assumed that it couldn't be had with the private offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #1102
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by empowah View Post
Thanks! I ended up purchasing at invoice + $331 advertising assessment fee - $500 customer - $500 college at 0.9% for 36 months

I was a bit suspicious when the salesman took my printout with the $500 private offer PIN and never returned it. Wonder if it's remotely possible that they pocketed that offer through some slick paperwork.

In hindsight, I should have just stuck with X-Plan. At $100 over invoice, it would have saved me $200 (no fees) and lots of time and negotiating. Dealer would probably have gotten a bigger commission/holdback, too. But I misread the fine print and assumed that it couldn't be had with the private offer.
Invoice includes the adv fee did they try and double charge you or was it a D & H fee?
Unfortunate dealer tried that on you, you're right they would've made more on X-Plan.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #1103
gmack22
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92128
What I Drive: 2005 pt cruiser

FF Reputation: 1 gmack22 Good Standing Member
I went in to my dealer this week and have decided to order a new focus. He told me that I can either complete the sale now and receive the current $1,000 rebate or roll the dice and wait to see what the new rebates are after Jan. I know you don't have any inside information, but in your experience do you typically see rebates fall this late in the product cycle? Am I incorrect to feel fairly confident that at worse ford maintains status quo on the rebates? Just wanted to hear an unbiased opinion as I know my dealer would like to complete the sale now and not worry about me changing my mind. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:51 PM   #1104
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Is Ford still sending out the $750 coupons on the back of the brochures if you order a brochure online?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #1105
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmack22 View Post
I went in to my dealer this week and have decided to order a new focus. He told me that I can either complete the sale now and receive the current $1,000 rebate or roll the dice and wait to see what the new rebates are after Jan. I know you don't have any inside information, but in your experience do you typically see rebates fall this late in the product cycle? Am I incorrect to feel fairly confident that at worse ford maintains status quo on the rebates? Just wanted to hear an unbiased opinion as I know my dealer would like to complete the sale now and not worry about me changing my mind. Thanks!
If you sign a buyer's order the dealer can submit it to Ford for rebate protection so you are guaranteed at least $1,000. If the Focus comes in and there is a $1,500 rebate you get that, simple as that.

Your sales guy or gal doesn't know about how Ford does rebates. The vehicle HAS to be on the ground for the dealer to claim the rebates. They need a VIN to claim rebates anyways and if you are ordering a vehicle the VIN doesn't exist yet.

Also if you complete the sale now, you're paying for a vehicle you don't have right?
Ira McCrea
Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #1106
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
Is Ford still sending out the $750 coupons on the back of the brochures if you order a brochure online?
I think they are not doing it for Focus currently, it's region specific however.
Ira McCrea
Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 AM   #1107
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Um Rebate Protection? Your Sales person is trying to get you to "finalize" before end of year for his numbers. Tell him to better then threating you about Rebates.

Fact is $1,000 Rebate on a 2012 Focus isn't that "uncommon" and changes are next month it'll be the same or more.

If they have a car that you like, tell them to make an offer on it and you'll complete the sale. If not your ordering your 2012 and will take delv of it when it comes in.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #1108
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Keep in mind guys, it's the end of the year. In my business I got constant phone calls on which customers we can get booked this year, and how to generate that last 1 or 2 deals etc.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #1109
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117 View Post
Um Rebate Protection? Your Sales person is trying to get you to "finalize" before end of year for his numbers. Tell him to better then threating you about Rebates.

Fact is $1,000 Rebate on a 2012 Focus isn't that "uncommon" and changes are next month it'll be the same or more.

If they have a car that you like, tell them to make an offer on it and you'll complete the sale. If not your ordering your 2012 and will take delv of it when it comes in.
What about rebate protection?
Ira McCrea
Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #1110
hubertcumberdale
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91862
What I Drive: BMW 323i

FF Reputation: 1 hubertcumberdale Good Standing Member
Hi imccrea,

I've progressed a bit in my search from earlier last month. A dealer has found a car for me:

Focus Sedan SEL, sterling grey.
303A package,(website says cost is $2390, but window sticker shows $2755.) Winter package, moonroof & Nav.

MSRP is $25 545, but total before discounts shows $25 910. I was just wondering what the invoice price and possibly an agreement where both the dealer and I would be content It will be shipped from another dealer.

Thanks for all your help, you do a tremendous service here.

Last edited by hubertcumberdale; 12-07-2011 at 12:57 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks