Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 107 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #1061
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman2012 View Post
I have a question about my 2012 Focus Titanium HB. I have the sony 10 speaker stereo system but I can only seem to find 8 speakers and the subwoofer. Where are the other 2 speakers located? I see 2 on the front pillars near the dash, 2 on the from doors and 4 on the back doors and the sub is in the trunk.

Thank you
I found 9 plus sub. 2 on pillars, 2 on front doors, 4 on back doors, 1 on front dash. Perhaps the 10th is the sub? Not sure what Ford is implying maybe someone else can assist.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #1062
Edgar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89037
What I Drive: 2006 F-150

FF Reputation: 2 Edgar Good Standing Member
imccrea, Hi this question might have been asked already but I can't read through 89 pages to find it, Which is the best way to get the cheapest price on a 2012 Focus HB: Internet order from Ford or dealer order (are they the same thing?). And if the Focus comes out to $22,750 (using the online build and price feature) what do you think the price can go down to if I were to use an x-plan, and also if I couldn't use an x-plan? Thank you!
SoCal Crew #7
DUB Edition 2012 Focus Hatch *SOLD*
Old 11-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #1063
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
imccrea, Hi this question might have been asked already but I can't read through 89 pages to find it, Which is the best way to get the cheapest price on a 2012 Focus HB: Internet order from Ford or dealer order (are they the same thing?). And if the Focus comes out to $22,750 (using the online build and price feature) what do you think the price can go down to if I were to use an x-plan, and also if I couldn't use an x-plan? Thank you!
X-plan is quick and easy, you can order through your local dealer or whoever you prefer to work with. We have some at $22,650 MSRP and X-plan is $21,535 before rebates.

The only other way would be using truecar.com or amex buying service. however you have to pay dealer handling fees on those.
Ira McCrea
Old 11-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #1064
empowah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91459
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 1 empowah Good Standing Member
Hi there, I'm in the market for a 2012 Focus. I received a $500 "private offer" through email from Ford. Can I combine this with the recent college grad $500 offer, which I also received by email? I have customer IDs for each.

Thanks,
Michael

Edit: My zip code is 90505 and I would purchasing at TrueCar price, minus these private offers.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #1065
hubertcumberdale
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91862
What I Drive: BMW 323i

FF Reputation: 1 hubertcumberdale Good Standing Member
Hi imccrea,

I've read a lot of this thread and it's clear a great number of people really appreciate the extra effort you put into answering questions, with that in mind I have something.

I live in Canada and plan to buy in Northern New York, I will use a Massena NY zip code 13662. Cars are far cheaper in the US than in Canada so naturally I'll seek out a significantly better deal. Although I don't mind travelling a relatively good distance to get a reasonable deal.

Specifically I'm looking at a 2012 Focus SEL sedan. I don't particularly have a colour preference, grey, white and black are all fine with me. I built a car online and decided on the following:

303A package, parking tech package, winter package, moon roof and voice nav. Net price including destination and $0 incentives is $26 440.

I read in your posts that there seems to be relative flexibility in prices, so I was hoping to get an idea from you what a reasonable situation that will leave both myself and the dealership happy. I'll be paying with a certified check, so there will be very little headache with whomever I deal with.

Thanks for your help you do a great service for people here, too bad you're so far away because dealing with you would be a breeze. If you have any other ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #1066
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by empowah View Post
Hi there, I'm in the market for a 2012 Focus. I received a $500 "private offer" through email from Ford. Can I combine this with the recent college grad $500 offer, which I also received by email? I have customer IDs for each.

Thanks,
Michael

Edit: My zip code is 90505 and I would purchasing at TrueCar price, minus these private offers.
The max incentive you can receive is $1,500 ($500 customer, $500 FMC, $500 private/college). Cannot combine all of them.
Ira McCrea
Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #1067
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertcumberdale View Post
Hi imccrea,

I've read a lot of this thread and it's clear a great number of people really appreciate the extra effort you put into answering questions, with that in mind I have something.

I live in Canada and plan to buy in Northern New York, I will use a Massena NY zip code 13662. Cars are far cheaper in the US than in Canada so naturally I'll seek out a significantly better deal. Although I don't mind travelling a relatively good distance to get a reasonable deal.

Specifically I'm looking at a 2012 Focus SEL sedan. I don't particularly have a colour preference, grey, white and black are all fine with me. I built a car online and decided on the following:

303A package, parking tech package, winter package, moon roof and voice nav. Net price including destination and $0 incentives is $26 440.

I read in your posts that there seems to be relative flexibility in prices, so I was hoping to get an idea from you what a reasonable situation that will leave both myself and the dealership happy. I'll be paying with a certified check, so there will be very little headache with whomever I deal with.

Thanks for your help you do a great service for people here, too bad you're so far away because dealing with you would be a breeze. If you have any other ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Are you licensing in US or Canada? I assume NY since you listed their zip but want to make sure. You might already know US dealers cannot transfer rebates to Canadian customers.

As far as pricing:
closest I found had a MSRP of $26,685 (had remote start).
We offer best pricing in Colorado so you'd be looking $24,619 plus tax (this price is what others mention as Truecar, USAA, etc) using the $500 rebate.

The problem is you might have to head to NJ or Mass to find a 303 with the options you are looking as I see none in upstate NY.
Ira McCrea
Old 11-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #1068
hubertcumberdale
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91862
What I Drive: BMW 323i

FF Reputation: 1 hubertcumberdale Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Are you licensing in US or Canada? I assume NY since you listed their zip but want to make sure. You might already know US dealers cannot transfer rebates to Canadian customers.

As far as pricing:
closest I found had a MSRP of $26,685 (had remote start).
We offer best pricing in Colorado so you'd be looking $24,619 plus tax (this price is what others mention as Truecar, USAA, etc) using the $500 rebate.

The problem is you might have to head to NJ or Mass to find a 303 with the options you are looking as I see none in upstate NY.
Thanks for your reply, I will actually be licensing in Canada. Even without the rebates I will come out quite ahead of the game. I'm looking at paying $6k more in Canada.

I believe there is a 2 month wait period should I order a car, is that correct? So from your view, the best price I could find would be around $24 619 + tax as you mentioned? Would various dealers vie for my business or is that the absolute bottom I should expect?

Thanks for your help, and I'll probably combine a mini vacation as I buy a car so a reasonable distance would work fine with me.

Thanks again! Hopefully these are the last of my questions.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #1069
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubertcumberdale View Post
Thanks for your reply, I will actually be licensing in Canada. Even without the rebates I will come out quite ahead of the game. I'm looking at paying $6k more in Canada.

I believe there is a 2 month wait period should I order a car, is that correct? So from your view, the best price I could find would be around $24 619 + tax as you mentioned? Would various dealers vie for my business or is that the absolute bottom I should expect?

Thanks for your help, and I'll probably combine a mini vacation as I buy a car so a reasonable distance would work fine with me.

Thanks again! Hopefully these are the last of my questions.
Depends on your region and state, add $500 since you cannot get rebates registering in CA. Most dealers would not do that deal, we are about $470 under invoice plus fees and not many would want to match that price unless they are super high volume. If you say you are financing with them they might be open to it but it's hard to say. 6-10 weeks on order usually.
Ira McCrea
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #1070
odiez
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90450
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatch 5 spd.

FF Reputation: 1 odiez Good Standing Member
Hi imccrea. Seems like after I put a deposit down and ordered a Focus the Ford Private Cash offers stopped coming. My 17 yr. old son who lives with me got one in his email. He can transfer that to me and it can be used with the $500 cash back Ford is currently offering. Correct?

Bookmarks & Social Networks