good wipers??? - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-28-2003, 12:19 AM   #31
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
k-mart (dunno specificly what brand that is) have worked fine with me, ad to replace the stock ones when i got the car used but the k-mart ones work fine in snow for me and our like $7 a peice, i live in michigan and we get a very good share of snow, trust me.

- Scott
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2003, 06:11 PM   #32
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 184,946, Level 100
Points: 184,946, Level: 100 Points: 184,946, Level: 100 Points: 184,946, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally posted by EuroZX3Focus
I need to find something that helps de-ice my wipers too, whats the prestone stuff called?
I think it's called Fire & Ice but I don't remember. It comes in a can with a ice scraper on it. And it's yellow.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:47 PM   #33
EnigmaZV
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66
What I Drive: 2004 Black ZX3 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 EnigmaZV Good Standing Member
:) Silicon blades don't protect the metal blade harness from freezing up. :) I think it's funny how he thinks New York is bad for cold and snow. That's a person who's never been to Winnipeg for the cold, or the Maritimes for the snow! Winter blades are the greatest invention ever! Being that I live in BC now I don't have to worry about it anymore, but just as I used to slap on my winter tires when I lived in Winnipeg, on went my winter blades. :) Oh yeah, and rain-x doesn't do crap in the winter when you get that brown/grey road slush caked up on your windshield from driving. :) Even a silicon blade'll wear out with all that grit on the windshield.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:59 PM   #34
sa_pyro_ne
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1437
What I Drive: 2000 Ranger V6 4.0L 4x4 XLT Ext Cab

FF Reputation: 4 sa_pyro_ne Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by EnigmaZV
:) Silicon blades don't protect the metal blade harness from freezing up. :) I think it's funny how he thinks New York is bad for cold and snow. That's a person who's never been to Winnipeg for the cold, or the Maritimes for the snow! Winter blades are the greatest invention ever! Being that I live in BC now I don't have to worry about it anymore, but just as I used to slap on my winter tires when I lived in Winnipeg, on went my winter blades. :) Oh yeah, and rain-x doesn't do crap in the winter when you get that brown/grey road slush caked up on your windshield from driving. :) Even a silicon blade'll wear out with all that grit on the windshield.
I have to agree with that, I've been up to canada for hockey tournaments in the winter and its pretty snowy. Michigan gets it's share too since it's higher than some areas of canada, between the lower michigan and the UP is a huge difference so I can only guess what it's like in some places of canada.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:36 AM   #35
Kalos
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1733
What I Drive: '04 SVT, Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Kalos Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ZX3_Chick
Well, when my blades get ice on them I use this stuff by Prestone (it's in a spray bottle and I forget the name of it.) It works really well.
Check out www.microheat.com
Old 12-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #36
hsantos
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2073
What I Drive: Focus ZTS 2002

FF Reputation: 1 hsantos Good Standing Member
So finaly...which ones are the best ones??

PIAA Winter Wipers?
SilBlades Winter Wipers?
Anco Winter Wipers??

Thanks

Focus'02 ZTS
Liquid Grey
Zx3Tuning Short Antenna
Advance Trac / Moonroof / Leather
Winter: Pirelli 190 SnowSport 15"
Summer: Firestone Firehawk GTA 02 16"
Old 12-09-2003, 01:06 AM   #37
knightm3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1861
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 knightm3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by EnigmaZV
1. Everything is relative. For me, NY IS bad for cold and snow.
2. Rain-X does in fact help remove snow off the windshield at speed. Of course, I use a triple coating...
3. Yes, silicon blades will wear, the key is they wear a lot less.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:07 PM   #38
RPIJG
Mr. Wizard

Fan#: 18
What I Drive: '02 Focus SE 4DR Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 RPIJG Good Standing Member
Anco is good I guess, if you want to change your blades out come spring. Silicone is a far superior material for wiper blades. Silblades are PTFE coated silicone blades (thats Teflon for those who don't know). The blade deposits a microfilm of teflon on every pass which then in turn acts very much like Rain-X without the rain-x of course. As far as the blade freezing, I haven't had that problem....ever, I have had my one pair of winter blades float above the windshield because the air would literally lift them right up off the glass because of the closed housing.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:53 PM   #39
knightm3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1861
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 knightm3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by RPIJG
I have had my one pair of winter blades float above the windshield because the air would literally lift them right up off the glass because of the closed housing.
That must suck
Old 12-09-2003, 06:33 PM   #40
RPIJG
Mr. Wizard

Fan#: 18
What I Drive: '02 Focus SE 4DR Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 RPIJG Good Standing Member
I should also clarify, the winter blades were not Silblades they were Bosch winter blades, silblade only makes two types of blades, silblades and ultra silblades. And yes, yes it does suck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.