good wipers??? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-31-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
FocusOnThis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 984
What I Drive: 2 built Honda Civics/pearl white-SHOW & graphite grey-GO/Focus ZX3 daily driver

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOnThis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
ohh, that rain beading stuff is called "Rain-X", now that I think about it, Rain-X makes wipers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2003, 08:43 PM   #12
dlibal
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1126
What I Drive: 02 Grabber Green Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 dlibal Good Standing Member
Rain-X works amazingly well. I use that stuff all the time and I rarely even need to turn my wipers on and I'm from Oregon where it rains 364 days a year plus 1. Great stuff and really cheap
02 Grabber Green ZX5, Steeda 65mm TB, K&N cone filter in place of airbox, 18" QT rims, 215-35/ZR-18 Toyo Proxes FZ-4's, 20% tint all around, Pioneer Organic-EL deck, 12" RF Punch sub, Just bought in June, many more mods to come
Old 11-01-2003, 12:59 PM   #13
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
hmm the piaa ones have that silica coating i think ur talkin about, i might look into those winter wipers im sure they sell them out here... ill get some rain x too that sounds like a good idea. my windows can get a 1/4" layer of ice on them without it ever snowing, and its the hardest ice in the world to scrape off.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:31 PM   #14
knightm3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1861
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 knightm3 Good Standing Member
First off, no windshield should be driven without a coating of Rain-X. Secondly, go to Wal-Mart and pick up some Rain-X Windshield Washer Fluid/Bug Remover, it's the best $1.84 you'll spend on your car. This formula has washer fluid, Rain-X solution, and Bug Remover - it's fantastic! Thirdly, buy yourself some TriplEdge silicon wipers. They cost the same as rubber ones and WILL last the life of the vehicle. Here's why:

Quote:
Traditional wiper blades are constructed of rubber made of coal and oil, which is carbon. The structural bonds of carbon are weak and react easily with other chemicals that break these bonds. Carbon in organic rubber blades reacts with the sun's energy and deteriorates over time, causing the wiper to crack and tear. Further exposure to ozone and driving conditions continues the breakdown process of rubber in the environment. Organic rubber is simply not designed to withstand the elements. Organic rubber blades can not endure temperature extremes and lose their functional qualities outside -40F and 80F. For these reasons, organic rubber wiper blade manufacturers recommend that their customers replace their blades every 6 months.

Silicone is inorganic and inert. Its base formula begins with the Silica rock. It will not break down even after years of exposure to harsh conditions. Silicone blades retain their functional qualities from -100 F to +400 F while offering superior wipe quality! Motorists can rely on TRIPLEDGEPremium Silicone Blades for reliable windshield clearing even after years of use. You might say TRIPLEDGE is designed by nature. Silicone is made of natural earth materials, and it naturally resists ozone and ultraviolet light, road grime, automotive fluids, solvents, ice and of course, rain!

Silicone Strength
Silicone blades do not stick to frozen windshields. Unlike organic rubber, silicone will not absorb moisture over time causing ice build up in freezing driving conditions.
Silicone blades are extremely durable. Unlike organic rubber wipers, silicone blades do not dry out, or "set" after long exposure to Ozone, Ultraviolet Rays, Ice and Snow, heat and cold.
Silicone blades provide superior wipe quality years after organic rubber wipers have failed.
All Silicone blades by JAMAK Fabrication, Inc. come with a guarantee to last as long as you own you car.
Silicone has superior resistance to fuels, oils, acid rain, washer fluid and road grime.
Silicone is naturally resistant to extreme temperatures. It retains its functional qualities from -100F to +400F.
Silicone blades are an environmentally conscious solution because they are inert and will not harm the environment.
Only JAMAK Fabrication, Inc., can offer silicone blades at the same price as current premium blades on the market.

"Ten-Pointer" body kit, including:
Bambi Fender Relocation Mod
Bambi Bumper Separation Mod
Bambi Foglight Realignment Mod
Deer-sensing, laser-guided beam cannon [sold separately]
Old 11-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #15
FocusOnThis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 984
What I Drive: 2 built Honda Civics/pearl white-SHOW & graphite grey-GO/Focus ZX3 daily driver

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOnThis Good Standing Member
wow! great research!
Old 11-24-2003, 11:21 PM   #16
knightm3
Focus Addict

Now go get some! This is tried and true in NY, so Long Beach should be no problem.. although I don't know your rain situation there.

"Ten-Pointer" body kit, including:
Bambi Fender Relocation Mod
Bambi Bumper Separation Mod
Bambi Foglight Realignment Mod
Deer-sensing, laser-guided beam cannon [sold separately]
Old 11-25-2003, 02:45 AM   #17
CyByte
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1792
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 CyByte Good Standing Member
I don't know how people can stand in the rain without rain-x I have had it on my cars since it came out. many glass places put it on offering. If you buy an exotic car it comes with a thicker layer of it already installed :)

If your not using it you ARE missing out....btw if your going more then 40mph you shouldn't need your wipers :D and dont worry about driving right behind a semi i usually dont need my wiper then either
Old 11-25-2003, 09:21 AM   #18
RPIJG
Mr. Wizard

Fan#: 18
What I Drive: '02 Focus SE 4DR Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 RPIJG Good Standing Member
Another option for people is SilBlade, fantastic blades, wide assortment of colors. Made from good ol' GE silicone so it's top quality stuff. www.silblade.com
Old 11-25-2003, 09:33 AM   #19
EuroZX3Focus
Black Magik

Fan#: 135
What I Drive: '00 Focus ZX3, '00 Civic EX Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Its funny to actually hear everyone diss the stock wipers, Ive actually been pretty pleased with them, I replaced using the same OE ones, no complaints here
Old 11-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #20
knightm3
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by EuroZX3Focus
Its funny to actually hear everyone diss the stock wipers, Ive actually been pretty pleased with them, I replaced using the same OE ones, no complaints here
After experiencing a silicon wiper, the OE wipers are a lot less effective. Junk, if you will.

Bookmarks & Social Networks