Some info for you Atkins dieters..... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Exclamation Some info for you Atkins dieters.....

I've been using the Atkins diet to loose my weight and recently I figured out how to break weightloss sticking points.

I was stuck for weeks at 275.... last night I was 259... a measly 5 weeks later... how did I manage to go from stuck to loosing again????

REGUARDLESS of what Atkins says once a week you need to eat CARBS!!!

Me and my GF have both noticed that we want be loosing any weight and a day or two after having a carb day the pounds start coming off again... literally POUNDS.

Now I'm not saying eat carbs until you go into a coma... but I usually take in around 300-400 grams on a cheat day... thats right 10 times the regular daily intake.

The kicker is after eating carbs I can feel my metabolism ramp up... I get hot, break out in a sweat... and I physically feel hot to the touch to others.... so you know its a GOOD BURN!!!!!

Keep up the good work guys.

When I start lifting again I'll fill you guys in on how to gain lean mass without getting fat.... you'd be surprized at how easy it can be.

2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
ScreamnYellow03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84291
What I Drive: '03 Screamin' Yellow SVTf ZX3 EAP

FF Reputation: 1 ScreamnYellow03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree. I've never needed to lose a huge amount of weight but have recently started a paleo-esque diet to improve my overall health. Even though I'm not supposed to eat grains, I do every once in a while to freak my body out. I lost 7 pounds the first week (on week 3 now) and have had a TON of energy...even without all the extra carbs! I feel GREAT!

Great job on the weight loss man! It sounds like you're taking an overall healthier approach to nutrition as opposed to the "dieting" that most people think works. Good for you!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
lusak
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84981
What I Drive: ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lusak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice job, Man!

I'm just a lurker here, but ran into this. What you just stumbled upon is a relatively well known cutting trick amongst bodybuilders, the cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD). If you're interested in learning the details, there is a book written by Lyle McDonald: The Ketogenic Diet. This breaks down the physiological comparisons of the Standard Ketogenic Diets (avoiding carbs at all times), Targetted Ketogenic Diets (carbs only before and after workouts), and the Cyclical diet.

In short, carbs are absolutely necessary on occasion to restore the glucose to your system; restraining yourself continuously on 30g carbs / day will result in plateaus, as you continue in ketosis, your body learns to function just fine with what it has. In addition, the carbs can replenish the glucose in your liver to fuel your muscles if you're doing any resistance work at all.

Anyway not meaning to hijack, just more info for those wanting to dig deeper! Solid tip and awesome work man. Keep it up!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
If you actually follow the Atkins it increases your carbs after about 3 weeks... but most people think they are suppose to stay at 20 or less.

Now I'm trying to stay less than 30 a day (which is less than I'm allowed) then I do the carb up day and the weight just comes off. So I'm not really following the Atkins like I should... but if it works then why change.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
I've been on Atkins for almost 2 months now & I do take a day (basically Saturday) and eat more carbs than I'm supposed to & yes you are correct, it does work better.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #6
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
fats are so good . . .
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8

Bookmarks & Social Networks