TeamFocalize Needs Leadership - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Who do you want to lead TeamFocalize?
Chuck 5 17.86%
Matt 1 3.57%
Raymond 15 53.57%
Pat 0 0%
None of the Above 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #31
Ausv7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84217
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus, 1994 black F150

FF Reputation: 3 Ausv7 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You know. IMO i think we should have a get together and decide on what we want to do. If we actually want a leader. If we do want a leader we should have other roles for some of the members so that they don't feel left out. It may cause a lot of hate among the crew if we only have one guy in charge and nobody else. That what i would say we do.

One guy to organize our next car meets.
one guy to organize little get together's.
Another one to Run the website and everything.

Those are just examples but something like that would probably be better. Cause just having one position in our crew would probably bring it down.

Thought i would throw my opinion out there

And if i was still able to vote. I would say ray.

-Austin-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #32
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I hear everyone's concern.

It has been brought up before as who is putting a meet together, who has a good idea on doing what and where, what will we be doing for any up coming shows or races AND where are we going with the next step as a crew.

YES, I decided to sit down with Matt and Chuck because yes they agree ... they are not leadership material.

I decided instead of forcing leadership on you, I decided to put on a poll. Think of it as a mutual respect to let you, the members and crew of Houston, feel as if you made a difference in deciding who will help become the main organizer for the crew. In NO WAY will the person who is the leader force anything down your throats or make you pay for something you don't want to do.

I, YES I, wanted to take the reigns from Matt and Chuck and steer us in a direction that will benefit all of us of the Houston FF Crew and bring together a sense of a team. We are not fully official and yes I have been opposed the TeamFocalize in the past.

But, after seeing some of the crews around me and seeing Austin's crew, I thought it would be great to unite the Houston Crew as one team both from FF and FJ.

Myself and Paul at the beginning have talked about seeing a nice large crew come out of Houston and now that we have such a great large member base, I felt it was time to unite us under one name, one banner and one goal ... to put all FORD drivers together with no hatred, no bashing (except for on Chuck ) and no boundaries that will make you guys not want to be apart of a team.

I have been apart of many teams and yes I have been there where I felt like the team was very biased and very picky of their members.

YOU GUYS KNOW ME ... I am not one to segregate the crew or separate us because one member doesn't want to race, one member doesn't want to show or one member doesn't have enough invested in his/her ride. I love pulling people together and showing others that there is a team that can unite, enjoy and give everyone a chance to shine in their own right and have the support of a team.

That's my goal with us and I would love all of your support to move forward with this.

NOW, I decided to let the name TeamFocalize stand because it has already been established in the Import Show scene ... so why not run with it and make it better and stronger.

I wanted to have the team up for 2 groups ... One team that Shows and One team that Goes ... There are few of you that do both and that's great. Myself at the moment I will be on the Goes Team.

More ...

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #33
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
What this leadership will do is combine everyone's ideas and help come to a final decision and be the one to execute said decision.

As a team leader, I would hear everyone's thoughts and ideas and look at it in a big picture and help make that idea or thought a reality for the team.

NO LEADER STANDS ALONE!!!

As a leader, I definitely wouldn't want that person to dictate the team. I would want that person to be one to hear all of our ideas.

There will be some of you guys that would be great at organizing a particular event or helping design our banner or helping figure out a booth that we stand behind or figuring out who will be doing our next race.

Again, I want to see us move forward and I will, leader or not, make sure we will stand together and make the team as fun and mutually even as possible.

I am not hear to yell, curse or look down upon any of you. I respect you all and enjoy all of your friendship. I just wanted us to have a person that will take the lead and give us a place to have fun at and enjoy each others company.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
Ausv7
Focus Fanatic

Dam. I must say Ray for president in 2012 lmao

But he does bring up a lot of good points. I remember the last truck group that i was in and im sure Travis (71shadow) remembers but that group was very one sided and only liked certain members and would talk shit about the rest. So i'm down for a good group but i know we won't go like that from what i have seen form the roundup. THis team is stuck together lol

-Austin-

Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 AM   #35
Tom
FF Founder

Fan#: 2
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen ZX3 SES Turbo

FF Reputation: 60 Tom Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I've been in the loop with Ray about this and we're ok with having a Team Focalize under the Focus Fanatics umbrella. The reason we believe there is a need for a “Team Focalize” instead of a “Team Focus Fanatics” is the potential to open this group to other Makes and Models(IE Fiesta, Mustangs, etc.) as well.

Basically at this point Ray started this poll as a way to get everyone's involvement in electing a primary decision maker, one that reports to FF in terms of creating new events and functions.

Right now there seems to be a collective interest in having a team to represent Focus Fanatics & Compact Car Owners in the Houston areas, however no one has really stepped up to assume this leadership role. He also wanted this process to be as fair as possible so everyone will get the opportunity to voice their opinions while casting their votes. Once this poll has been finalized, this will be the person that FF recognizes as Team President and the one to oversee this group.

Since most events are going to be organized on Focus Fanatics there’s no need for anyone to feel obligated to join in order to attend events. Everyone on Focus Fanatics as well as other sites are welcomed to come to any of these events.

Hopefully this will clear up any misunderstanding as well as address some of the underlying questions.

So here are some of the goals that Ray and I spoke about.

1) Establish a clear leader of this group.
2) Elect officers to perform certain duties and tasks.
3) Operate as team under the Focus Fanatics umbrella in establishing and attending local events.
4) Work with Focus Fanatics in recruiting new members.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #36
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King

Fan#: 51243
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I second everthing Ray and Tom say. And Tom totally off topic but have you ever thought about a focusfanatics app for android, blackberry and iphone users lol?
Posted via FF Mobile

Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #37
Ausv7
Focus Fanatic

I agree with everything Ray and tom have said also. they bring up many good points.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #38
Pattacular
IH8URFCE

Fan#: 80015
What I Drive: 07 Pueblo Gold SE

FF Reputation: 3 Pattacular Good Standing Member
TF Show-ers (not showers) and TF Goers!

And I am all on board for having Ray as a leader of TF. Me throwing that "Goldi 4 Prez" comment was partly joking, but mostly serious in that I do want to help push this team to the next level. That said, most of the time I just keep to myself because I do still feel like one of the new guys.

I'm not only new to the Focus scene, but the Import and Car scene in general. But I want this team to grow because I want more people with the mentality of this community of people. I have been going around, feeling out other meets and checking out stuff around town, but nothing comes close to what the Houston Focus crew has.

And there is nobody up North dammit (Chuck)! I mean we have the folks up here, me and Zab, occasionally Chapa and sometimes White Chuck. But rarely do we have opportunities to get together like people closer to the city. So a part of wanting to grow is to have more people to just hang with, maybe even start organizing weekly or bi-weekly meets. Instead of just seeing everyone once a month and Zab when I have problems with Goldi.

And coming back to the personality of this community, I honestly don't care if a guy or girl drives a Suzuki Swift, if he or she is as helpful, generous, accepting or hilarious as everyone else here has been, I say let the mofo run with the fofos!

And that's all I got for now.
Sedan Revolution #195

facebook.com/goldiloxfocus

Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #39
VenomRogue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 24506
What I Drive: a Volvo??!?

FF Reputation: 11 VenomRogue Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
whatever.

I run shit around here.

Yes, I have issues.

Next question.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #40
Fo' SHO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30230
What I Drive: 06 Black ZX3 SAP, 08 Hyosung GT-ARR

FF Reputation: 2 Fo' SHO Good Standing Member
I know this is totally against the direction y'all want but I kinda always saw the Focalize thing kind of being like a regional thing. But this is how I see it since I come from WestSide Mustangs, because when everyone is close they are a lot more willing to have meets and events that are local to all of them. It does suck that there isn't 1/100th of Focus representation as there is for Mustangs.

I don't much care for clubs that make me ALWAYS go out of my way for everything, so I've always been big on local clubs.

One last note, I think it's kinda silly to think everyone would be trying to split off. I still have more FocusFanatics stickers on my car haha. BTW, Tom I need more!! They are rotting off!!!
Originally Posted by NADA Auto Reviews
"The Ford Focus is notable for its spirited driving dynamics."

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks